The MR Community - Mental And General Health Support, resources and Discussion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah getting there mate.

Thanks for sharing your story.

I can't believe the support I have had from the site it's bloody amazing and I can't say thanks enough. Hope I can return the favor one day.

The worse part is definitely going home to an empty house. My dogs have helped a lot with that as they are great company and always seem to pick me up when I'm having not such a good day.

you taking on this site and turning it in to what it is today is pay back enough for everyone that is here to support you through a tough time. you don't owe any of us anything mate.

Its no problem boys (and gals). I'm more then opening. I was here when James and Tom regrettably took their own lives and I wouldn't want to know of any one else taking their own because they feel they can't talk.

My life I've helped people. No matter how big or small weather I'm best mates with them or don't know them at all. Even in high school people opened up and I try to help.

My number is 0412589459. By all means if any one you want to have a chat about anything. Weather you're upset or not. Any time of the day or night. If I hear my phone I will answer.

Me, myself. I struggle to find happiness every day. I'm not depressed just always up set and regret many thing I have done and some thing I have not done. My mind set is very negative at times and I always put on a brave face for my family because I know they have it a lot harder then I do. My life story is no where as bad as the stories I read last night.

However, There was one hard time in my life where I had to talk to people and so did my girlfriend (Ex now). It was when her brother killed himself. She didn't know how to take it neither did her parents and they just unloaded everything on to me. As you could guess I got over stressed and I didn't know how to help them. It got to me bad. My parents also felt their loss and that was the first time my father told me he loved me (I was 17 then), but luckily I had Skylar and I_THUMP here to talk to when I was a younger member.

That's just a tad little in sight. Like I said my life is no where as near bad as some of the people here and that's why I wish to help.

im bumping this thread.. as over the weekend a close friend attempted suicide... so please if you ever feel like your spiraling out of control. please talk to some one... we are here as a community not just another web site.. we will listen, we wont turn you away and will help in any way we can... in all the years we have between us we have been through it all and then some... although i have not yet shared my story on here, my friends attempt and also to make her self unattractive so she scarred her face. has made me realize that its better getting it out before it gets worse.. she is still in intensive care and i have no idea when she will be out.... im sorry if im rambling and its all over the place i just am having a hard time getting my thoughts out and they are all coming out at once....

Im so sorry to here about your close friend tim. It's so important to talk and seek help before it gets to this like you said tim. I hope your friend gets out of intensive care soon and your not rambling tim your still coming to terms with whats happened tim. If you need someone to talk to you can ring me on 0438066112 anytime tim.

Were here for you Tim.

That makes my problems look like nothing.

I actually have a similar story from my first girlfriend when I was younger. She used to self harm and had split personality. I never believed it until I chased her around the house hiding knives. I woke up one morning and found she cut my name into her stomach with a bit of glass!! Freaked me the hell out.

All you can do is be there and be an ear to listen. Talking about these things is always the hardest but necessary first step to healing and getting through it.

If you need anything at all mate PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn bro, thats heavy. Im glad you put the story up, its important for you also to talk as this has affected you as a friend. For your friend to feel that bad that she attempted that is sad, and dont feel bad as a friend that she did not talk to you as some who feel so worthless and bad wont talk, but being there for her thru the healing process will be a big help, chin up mate. Seek help yourself if this drags you down or even if you need a chat, rodney68(rod) has been thru it all mate and he is a great inspiration to me. Im here also tim anytime buddy. Dont wait until it spirals out of control like you said champ. Mick

i cant thank you guys enough for your support.. just reading your replies help lift the weight... just seems like this **** storm im in aint stoppin.... i if i do feel my self getting out of control i will be sure and contact you guys....
thank you.

i dont wanna write my life story here as i could fill pages... once i get my thoughts all lined up again i will know what i need to say,,,

Def look after yourself also mate.:grinning-smiley-003

Just thought I'd share my last week.

I made the decision to get off the medication, if you do extensive reading on SSRI's they aren't a long term solution. Along with a couple of other medications if required it like many things is not long term. So I've got to wean off them and as a start my doc recommended halve my dose for 2 weeks and if I feel ok halve it again for 2 weeks. I'm a week tomorrow at halves and I get what is called 'brain zaps' (YouTube or google them) maybe a dozen or so a day. I can control my moods and even after 6 days I mentally feel more alert to stimulus around me.

I have been seeing a naturopath until I moved for about 8yrs and we are actually friends outside of the business. I spoke to her and she has recommended once weened off to take St. John's wart and also kava as a natural stimulant for the mind. I've always been big on natural medicine ad she is an expert in Chinese medicinal practice so am keen to finish the weening and try this.

Medication as a bandaid solution is not to me anyway the answer, I don't feel 100% me whilst on it a when I have switched to stronger or used some that is meant to do other things than standard SSRI's it messes more than does good IMO, some days I feel like a zombie can't put processes together and generally feel my mind is away from my body. Again when I drop down to softer ones my mood swings and headaches, along with nausea etc is unbearable at times. A few feelings I keep to myself and I don't think it's fair on the missus and the kids, so tHats helped my decisions to he away from it.

My biggest hate is that I don't think I am all me but a result of falsifying via prescribed drugs. There are other ways and means and you just need to look through some trees to see the forest so to speak.

Anyway enough of the ramble An more f the fight. C'mon GEALE!!!

Brainzaps are crazy, when I got off cymbalta I had them for months and experienced strange out of body feelings, they can be scary also, especially when driving and you feel like you looking down on yourself and like you said zombie moments. The meds help but in the end learning to manage your life is what's needed and understanding why you are what you are, my understanding came thru a great psychologist. Good luck Zorro.

Yes good luck Zorro, Micks wright meds help at the start but is not a long term cure you need to manage your life also and understand why your the way you are. Zorro i to take St. John's wort it helps. If you need someone to talk to Zorro you can ring or PM me anytime mate.

Yes good luck Zorro, Micks wright meds help at the start but is not a long term cure you need to manage your life also and understand why your the way you are. Zorro i to take St. John's wort it helps. If you need someone to talk to Zorro you can ring or PM me anytime mate.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Well a month later I have weaned off and am now taking St. John's wort & kava as herbal supplements. I've only been taking them for a week so too early to comment on effectiveness.

Coming off the Zoloft has been hard, I was warned that it should be a longer weaning process but the doctor gave me a month. In that time I've been up and down like a yoyo, and at times just a miserable kent towards everyone around me. This week was nearly the breaking point with the ultimatum of losing the missus & kids. I've broken down a couple of times and the mood swings aren't the easiest to cope with. I also get the 'brain spasms' constantly during the day/night.

The worst part of it is not knowing how the mind works, I struggle with concept of emotion and also isolate myself a lot from the family which is one of the biggest issues with my partner. I don't understand why I am mentally unstable and it is a burden on everyone close to me which is pretty unfair to them. I've thought some pretty negative stuff lately and it's hard to understand why.

I have the best partner in the world, I don't expect her to stick with me as its not something I wanted to burden her with but her support, help and tough love when needed is certainly a big help.

Will keep updating as I go, ultimately I want to be me again not just a manipulated by chemical unbalanced being.

Buddy the meds may seem like a pain in the bum and they make you not quite you but ultimately was your life better whilst on them or better now seperating yourself from your closest friends and family and realising that you may lose your missus and kid(s), i too have struggled with deep negative thoughts and it always came back to the meds, if one does not quite do it you really need to try others, thats why there is so many different types as no one is the same and what does not work for others may work for you, being on medication is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength as your trying your utmost to better your situation, i been on zoloft, cymbalta, efexor, lexarpro, pristiq and a couple of others, zoloft made me feel much better, cymbalta was also good but was a f'n nightmare getting off it, i would have out of body experiences and severe brain zaps, efexor destroyed me more than i was already and nearly sent me over the edge, lexarpro was good but ran out of steam quick and was not good enough to continue with, now im on pristiq and bro honestly if i never need to get off it i wont, im me on this medication and feel me without trying to tell myself i feel normal, i really do feel like the old mick, maybe you need to try something else again, dont settle for one doctors opinion, do your own studies on google about anti depressants and read the thousands of questions and answers that people post, get a good feel for what it is that needs to change in your life, we all want to feel better but what is it you need, as in do you need to be more open and let people in, do you need to just be able to relax more, do you want more out of those close to you. Do a mental health plan again bro or see a psychiatrist, this will never end dude, you need to learn to manage rather than think of getting better as getting better isnt an option for me rather managing my fukd life is.

If you are feeling hopeless and worthless and even worse than you were when you were on the meds than your on a downward spiral, telling yourself at times to fight on and think positive just doesnt cut it. I feel for you mate, your pain right now is my pain and reminds me how bad i felt at my lowest times and hurts to know that someone who is apart of this family is not doing well, i strongly urge you to do something before you lose everything and find yourself back to square one feeling like the most worthless person alive, you are a normal person as your not alone in your battle, there is more people like you than there is those with the perfect life and no probs, your still here struggling thru life and that tells me you are one of the very strong ones as the thoughts you have are not easy to deal with but you do.

Please seek help man and talk to your missus and if you breakdown and cry while laying on her lap than great, but you gotta stop being isolated as they know your struggling but dont quite understand how extreme your affected at this point, bro please keep in touch and i thank you for typing this post as i hope we can work together and help each other in all ways. Dont be silent about your probs, open right up and spill your guts like you never have. Mick..........Feel free to contact me anytime or even a text on 0404124391 or just a PM or just thru this thread.:five:

Last edited:
And also tim and nick, i really hope you guys are going good and looking forward to better days, tim has your friend got herself sorted out or just on a better path right now bloke, i hope she is doing well, And nick you will feel better just knowing that your going to whoop me when i come down to race a vcm round, but even last wont stop me from rushing so bad i cant stop screaming in my helmet and hyperventilating lol. Miniriders FTW together.

Hi Zorro everything Mick said is spoton mate he said it very well i dont need to add a thing just that my offer is still there also if you need to talk to someone mate. I too have been wondering how tims friend is going. Also hope things are going better for you also nick sounds like you guys are going to have a ball when Mick comes down to race.

just touching base with all miniriders to see how all are and hoping all have been well physically and mentally, I have been good since my sessions finished and life is a work in progress day in day out and my impulse buying of minis and quads is blooming again and helps even though i dont have anytime really lol. Feel free to PM me if anyone is in need for a chat or just plain old yarn.

I have been good since my sessions finished and life is a work in progress day in day out and my impulse buying of minis and quads is blooming again and helps even though i dont have anytime really lol

Always good to hear Mick ;):thumbup:

Latest posts

Back