The MR Community - Mental And General Health Support, resources and Discussion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So everyone needs to keep an eye on your friends, family and basically anyone whom you think is struggling with life, my saviour apart from family and friends was Headspace, they are a great bunch of people and have centres all thru Australia. And remember, what may be something so minor to you may be huge and incomprehensible to others, so always keep an open mind and an eye out for something that's usually well hidden and invisible to a person with a healthy mental well being.

great advice mick , remember people something as simple as talking about minor things you see as trivial could be al the difference.

mental health is like body health, you dont choose to catch a cold but going to the pharmacy and doing something about it help you get over it :).

i never shut up myself, but if anyone ever wanted to try and get a word in edgeways and talk, im all ears

Just giving this thread a bump, I noticed there's been a few new members lately.
We're here to listen, and if we can, help!
Have a read guys. :)

Last edited:
After weeks and weeks of parts arriving everyday and I can't do anything with then while a cast is on my arm. I got fed up and cut it off. I spent about 4-5 days in the shed getting things done. I built my stocka out of a pile o parts and did many backyard laps. I finished tweaks and adjustments on my VMX bike and rode it. Did a little bit of work on my LXR. Then back to hospital for next check up... Fractures still look ugly. Radial head fracture has opened up and is a mechanical lock in my elbow so back in a cast for another 2 weeks. Then I get a call from the quacks this morning saying that after reviewing my X-rays they want my cast off and to start therapy. Sounds good to me but my biggest question is... "WHEN CAN I RIDE?"
"No riding dirt bikes for months yet"
I'm devo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hi everyone just thought i would say what happened to me last thursday 25th. I had bad chest pains in the area of my heart on and off for a few weeks before the 25th but didnt do anything about it (silly me i know now). But on the morning of the 25th i had the worst pain i had ever had in my chest i had trouble breathing and had to be taken to hospital by ambulance. Im going to be ok but on medication to lower the risk of hopefully this doesnt happen again and i have to rest up a bit. Im saying all this as a warning to others if you feel like i did with chest pains get it checked out straight away DONT suck it up and keep going like i did.

Last edited:
Jeez fellas no good on both accounts :( Karlos sounds like you need to add a quad to your collection :) As for you Rod what acutally happened, im assuming it was heart realted? (understand if you don't wanna say too much more though)

Yes it was timeeh it was heart related also blood pressure has to be a bit lower also. Like i said im on medication for the blood pressure and have been resting up this week and my wife (nurse) Sharon will not let me do anything im not even aloud in the workshop to work on the bikes until next week maybe LOL.

Jesus christ you have a nurse as a wife and she looks after you? My wifes a nurse, and she treats me like most nurses in the hospital when you come in from a bike accident, lets just say "no sympathy" is an understatement LOL. Oh well good to hear you were able to get to the hopital b4 it got any worse. Anyway.... Rest up mate, good excuse to get the missus to do everything for the week :) Which reminds me, doesn't the car need an oil change ROFL

Sharon has been great yes timeeh im resting up its a case of having too or im in trouble LOL. Keen to get back into the workshop hopefully next week.

Damn rod hope you are feeling okay mate, dont let it mess with your head bro. Can the pills and diet fix all this mate? Chin up brother I have the head and intake and gaskets sorted, just chasing a cam cover which I can get and will ship down asap. So no stressing bout parts I got a 3 hour old head for tristans bike, its like brand new mate, please do just rest up bud, where all thinking of you rod.

Last edited:
Hey karlos im coming into my 3rd month of no riding after breaking my shoulderblade, has been so hard and working on piddys everyday makes it harder but I look at it this way, if I dont follow what the docs say it could be another 3 months and that would kill me. Letting everything heal better earlier makes it that much stronger for when ya crash next time. Do you smoke? Young roy just found out hes collarbone has not even had any regrowth due to that, chin up brother and get the hard yards out of the way now so you can ride in the future as opposed to not riding.;)

Damn rod hope you are feeling okay mate, dont let it mess with your head bro. Can the pills and diet fix all this mate? Chin up brother I have the head and intake and gaskets sorted, just chasing a cam cover which I can get and will ship down asap. So no stressing bout parts I got a 3 hour old head for tristans bike, its like brand new mate, please do just rest up bud, where all thinking of you rod.

Thanks Mick top job with the parts like i said mate when you get everything together tell me what i owe you including post. Yes pills and diet are the cure plus lowering stress levels will help also. Like i said im keen to get back in the workshop next week (if Sharon gives me the green light) and start building this engine up and work out which frame i will put it in. Before i know it September will be here and the start of the series and would like 1 or 2 practise days before then to dial the bike in.

Hey karlos im coming into my 3rd month of no riding after breaking my shoulderblade, has been so hard and working on piddys everyday makes it harder but I look at it this way, if I dont follow what the docs say it could be another 3 months and that would kill me. Letting everything heal better earlier makes it that much stronger for when ya crash next time. Do you smoke? Young roy just found out hes collarbone has not even had any regrowth due to that, chin up brother and get the hard yards out of the way now so you can ride in the future as opposed to not riding.;)

Hey mate I actually gave up smoking at the same time as the injury. Smoking is the worst thing for healing bones. I had my first physio today, found out there's possible tendon damage as well in my elbow. There is nearly no support in there and is quite unstable. :/
Sorry to hear about your woes too Rod. Look after yourself mate.

Hope you guys have been well!

Yes Mick went up the coast with the inlaws today the ladies went clothes shopping and the father inlaw and myself went to supercheap. I brought a lot of bits and pieces to build the engine up and the bike so i can get into it on monday i got the green light from Sharon :thumbup:

10 weeks since the injury and the X-ray is still showing massive gaps it the breaks and the lack of range of movement in my elbow is quite a concern
Scaphoid fracture
atede7uq.jpg

Radial head fracture
demaneta.jpg

Crap dude, You need to rest up!! We need you as our new QMR team rider. Um? Maybe drink plenty of milk??? :)

Are you speaking Japanese or Chinese or some kind of ese??? Cos I'm racing chandler and fort Lytton in two weeks :D

Latest posts

Back