The Vertmax Pics Released !!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has been addressed on the 09.5 models..

I must sound like one of them cockspank pitster crew from the Usa ... but all this stuff about the cini and the vert being a better bike for the 1000 less .. someone has to back the pitster up

well im not gonna back the pitster crew for sure even though i worked with them for a few years and tested there lxr before it came out. trust me the lxr has issues too, there peg mounts are butter and the cheap ass bearings they run in the linkage is crap (should have used needle bearings like the jap bikes do) but the lxr overall is an improvement over the x4. vertmax you bike looks solid and should be a big contender for under $2000 in your area. looks better than the yx linkage, our sponser had one shipped in from yx last year and the thing was a joke, absolute turd, the linkage didn't even work right. that is the new z155 HO correct? i was emailed specs from zonger and they said 6plate clutch, removable "daytona" style clutch cover, 29/24 valves, different cam grind. they did not mention anything about the tranny though. still the shitty 1st gear? Pitster lied for a year calling the 1st z155 close ratio, im just wondering if they changed the tranny so it is really close like the daytona 150. all in all for 2k$ that is a very solid and good looking bike. maybe a daytona 150 engine option?

Ball bearings have a lousy load carrying capacity and should not be used in linkages or anywhere that cops shock loading or other impacts ... the balls have a very small surface contact area so they'll tend to want to indent into the inner and outer races ... that in turn creates concentrated stress which can cause bearing failure ...

You only need to take a look at wheel bearings of cars , railway axle bearings , head stem bearings etc ... Most Jap bike swingers use needle rollers as well ...

If Vertmax brought kit form rollers in just like Medina does then they'd sell a heap of those ...

Last edited:
I know exactly what you're saying Mr Mountain ... but the main thing is that the bike is something new and different to what's available over here ATM as far as sub $2000 bikes go ... At least Vertmax is having a go at changing the scene ...
I grasp that , but here in Europe almost every company selling bikes, have now a model with linkage and believe me, like Hack said, there is a huuuuge difference between a good and a crappy one...unfortunately on the more economic bikes(like this) aren´t good ones:p

My Thought was only , that everyone should be a bit more cautious...not jumping on every new bandwaggon coming around...even when its "only" 2000 bucks, its still alot of money for a toy...isn´t it??

...and @ Pitbikekid:
When do you ever learn to shut up , when adults speaking??? ...you have to get your quotes right before coming up strong!! TOOL:mad:

Bit of a mine field releasing a new product...!! Isnt it Mr Vertmax...???

Id just like to thank him and his for giving us another cool option here in OZ... Well done..

Im just a little bummed having just got a X4R... But i know its a cool bike too...

Specs of the Vertmax TTR155Z:

Chassis:
- TTR Style Plastics with Vertmax Graphics
- Chromolly Dual Frame and Chromo Sub-Frame
- Alloy Swingarm with Linkage System

Suspension:
- DNM 45/48mm Triple Clamps
- DNM M200 735mm Front Forks
- DNM UD-DHL 350lbs Rear Shock with Linkage

Engine:
- New Zongshen 155cc Engine Kick start
- 4 Speed with new 6 plate clutch N-1-2-3-4
- 26mm OKO Flatside Carby
- Air Cooled with Dual Oil Cooler
- 428 Pitch with 16T and 39T

Controls:
- CNC Billet Throttle 1/4
- Alloy Fat Bars
- New Style Alloy Levers
- Stainless Steel Footpegs
- Over the top Foot Brake Lever

Wheels and Tires:
- 14" Front Steel Rim with CNC Hub
- 14" Kenda Tire and Tube with Rim Lock
- 12" Rear Steel Rim with CNC Hub
- 12" Kenda Tire and Tube with Rim Lock

Brakes:
- Double Piston Front Brake Caliper
- Single Piston Rear Brake Caliper

Spares Kit:
- DID 428 Chain
- 48mm angled Unifilter
- Exhaust Muffler Plug
- 5 x main jet, 5 x pilot jet
- 14" Kenda Tube, 12" Kenda Tube
- Oil Filter for 155Z

Let me know what you think ! :D

i may have just fallen in love russ!!
great work, and mad props to dready and thump 140 for giving up there time to help vertmax out and design such a good bike!!
i think finally some one has filled MSOs spot?? :D

its not false info you fukng idiot

i have stated it on more than one occasion i also have a witness

maybe i got unlucky but i think it would be best to ask others to see what they got

but i am 120% that none of my wheels had rim tape

hey buddy watch your language this isnt 50riders try talking with a bit more respect to fellow riders you dont have to act like a nob to every one that puts up an opposing oppinion

yer cactus the x4r has a bolt on setup will get a photo of it tomorrow for you

Like this ? :-

PitsterX4Rframewithbentpegbar1.jpg

PitsterX4Rframewithbentpegbar.jpg

If they bend it's an easy fix ... no need to buy a new frame like that guy on PM did ...

Simply stick a solid metal bar into each side to lever them back to straight and level ... then find a hi quality solid bar that fits neatly inside the hollow pegbar then hammer it right thru ... cut it off flush on each side then rosette weld the ends and grind them flush ... I'd also weld a piece of flat bar across in between the two cradle rails to help brace things up ... It'd be best to do the mod BEFORE they bend in the first place ...

Now notice how some "genius" has designed that Pitster frame with gussets on the outside of the pegbar that they imagined would prevent the failure from occurring in the first place ? ...

The only real way to make a 100% bullet proof pegbar would be to make it from a one piece forging (ie peg to peg including the brackets to eliminate the weak points ... welds) ...

Last edited:
hey buddy watch your language this isnt 50riders try talking with a bit more respect to fellow riders you dont have to act like a nob to every one that puts up an opposing oppinion

mate obviously you dont know whats going on

he has accused me before of saying i was bullshit about the rim tape

im pretty sure he has a lxr and not an x4r in hes garage so how would he know??

and yet hes accusing me of bullshit i cant setand all you fuking keyboard ****s anyway i came here to learn and give back but nah people have to be fags i bet half of the common users cant even ride that good

FFS ... the way you said it sounds like your accusing EVERY one of his bikes to purposely NOT have rimtape.....

Thats all i was saying , your rim probably didnt have it big woop i dont care about that , just saying that theres no way all of his bikes DONT run them....

And like i said as if he is gonna skimp a 20c rim rap because the bike ISNT his highest model bike..............

hmmmm... maybe i could.... just get a spare bike...!!!! yeaaahhhh...!!!! ive got room....!!!!!

FFS ... the way you said it sounds like your accusing EVERY one of his bikes to purposely NOT have rimtape.....

Thats all i was saying , your rim probably didnt have it big woop i dont care about that , just saying that theres no way all of his bikes DONT run them....

And like i said as if he is gonna skimp a 20c rim rap because the bike ISNT his highest model bike..............

i didnt say he was skimmping them

i clearly stated my bike and i also said in a few posts back maybe i did get unlucky but china has been known not be very consistent

My New X4r will be here Thursday... will let both of u know........

His thoughts dwell on his wallet and bank acc till suddenly.... Yelling to the next room

" Sweeeety, Do you want a motorbike?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back