turbo mso 140s

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mso_140s

Reaction score
Hello to all ,
im thinking of putting a turbo on my bike has any1 done it b4.
its going to be a lil turbo oil cooled turbo if it wroks it will be fun & funny lol

the age old discussion about turbos on pitbikes have been up for discussion countless times, and it's always the same, ten people will tell you it doesn't work because the engine is to small to produce any pressure to the turbo, but just as the topic is dying some know-it-all will drop in and say something like "a friend of mine got a turbo on his bike, and it rips!!" or someone will provide a link to a youtube video showing one of the few actually turbo-charged pitbikes that run.

but guess what, turbos don't work well on these small engines, they don't produce enough exhaust-pressure, and even if you could get it to run (after months and months of trial and error, and heaps of dollars down the toilet)
it would run like a dog still, invest in a decent cam, a good port-job and a quality carb instead, much cheaper and more efficient.

turbo's dont work good at all most turbod bikes are non runners
bore it/stroke it.

i just bought me a really small turbo which i plan to start experimenting with.

TurboZed.jpg
matching to a z50 head

you should make a thread on this project dabomb, keep us updated and make sure you actually finish this, It would be neat to finally see someone getting a turbo to work, I'm gussing you'll never get it to run ok though....

indeed, it should atleast get some sort of spool happening at high rpm.
using a suckthrough method of fuel delivery is the go but has implication like the fuel is heavier than fuel to throw into the motor and water and oil lines.

mite have 2 buy a test motor.

indeed, it should atleast get some sort of spool happening at high rpm.
using a suckthrough method of fuel delivery is the go but has implication like the fuel is heavier than fuel to throw into the motor and water and oil lines.

mite have 2 buy a test motor.

you MIGHT get pressure at high RPMs, but It'll run bad in the rest of the rev-range, if you can get it to work you'll end up with an engine that delivers massive power at the red-line, a straight-line dragster in other words, and ther is always the question about jetting and how too feed the turbo with oil.
I've seen projects with even smaller turbos fail, the only runners I've seen are a couple of swedish monkeybikes I belive, do a youtube search to get inspired.

wasnt there a thread not long ago about a guy putting a turbo on his pitty? got it running and everything? do a search

thnx 4 all the posts on this 1.
you guys have been in this game longer than me so i mite not do this 1.
just asking wot it would be like .
i mite just go on a diff parth wif this bike thnx 2 all

Dont even get me started on this turbo thing on pitbikes.

All of them are rubbish and not worth it.

End of story.

i just bought me a really small turbo which i plan to start experimenting with.

Before you go making up manifolds and things ... attach it to the exhaust of an engine and use a tacho so that you can rev it to see what revs it spools up at (if it spools up at all) ... If it spools up at too high an rpm .. forget it because you'll end up with an idiot power band that lags for ages then kicks in ... The last thing you want is to produce an engineering "masterpiece" that gets flogged by a stocker ... :p

You could easily attach the oil cooler supply line to the turbo to pump oil thru it ... then run the outlet line from the turbo into the inlet of the cooler ... The turbo manufacturer should be able to tell you the CFM range required to adequately operate the turbo ... I'd really like to see someone do it successfully ... I read on Vinco's site ages ago where they claimed they were going to have a small super charger built for pitty engines but nothing ever came of it ...

there is a few vids on youtube showing turboed pittys and monkeybikes, but all of them are bad quality and doesn't really show the bikes power. and there is even a few supercharged ones, but again they are bad quality and don't show much riding.
it would be fun to finally see someone finish a turbo-project and actually ride and test the bike.

Before you go making up manifolds and things ... attach it to the exhaust of an engine and use a tacho so that you can rev it to see what revs it spools up at (if it spools up at all) ... If it spools up at too high an rpm .. forget it because you'll end up with an idiot power band that lags for ages then kicks in ... The last thing you want is to produce an engineering "masterpiece" that gets flogged by a stocker ... :p

You could easily attach the oil cooler supply line to the turbo to pump oil thru it ... then run the outlet line from the turbo into the inlet of the cooler ... The turbo manufacturer should be able to tell you the CFM range required to adequately operate the turbo ... I'd really like to see someone do it successfully ... I read on Vinco's site ages ago where they claimed they were going to have a small super charger built for pitty engines but nothing ever came of it ...

need a exhaust manifold made for testing the spool properly.
indeed i thort of lubricating it off the oil cooler return feed.
big CC is going to help spool of the "turbine" with big valves.
its going to be a while before experimentation.

It's great fun friggin' around with motors and trying new things .... especially when the mods work ... :cool:

try a small exhaust to get the air speed up in the exhaust (before the turbo) then large after (for minimum back pressure) also there is no poing just reving the engine up to see when it spools as turbos make f**k all boost with no load on the engine, if u have a really small turbo (a lot smaller than the one u have) it should work fine but it will most likely be a bitch to ride.

Latest posts

Back