VCM 2013 Series

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My phone died today n I lost the email address of the photographer I'm spewing to say the least he had 100s of mad shots of us trying to track him down but dunno if I'll find him , he was from shep n I think his name was phil...

What and awesome day AGAIN :) Track started off real slippery expecially down the back section, then as the day progressed the track just got better and faster. Had a couple of offs which you guys will see on the helmet cam, one straight into Coolie (got tired and had a nap just after the start gate LOL) and one where i teared off the start gate into around 5th? then made the second corner and smashed into everyone... Dazza said he'd give me $50 if i took out the rest of the field, so i did my best :p Anyway sweet day, the little bike loved the mud and the first race, just powered through it, I also worked out (after my falls) that it will take off in 3rd gear with me on it, and thats runin a 17/37 setup, not bad for a China :) Was great to see some new faces out there too, made for a sweet first grid of 20 riders, and good to meet some of the Braap boys. Shearer did so well out there too on the little 10" which was 1 of 2 that were running for the day his running a 117 and the other contained a Anima 150 and riden by Nossman.... The 50 race at the end of the day was awesome with 4 lining up on the grid, Killpatrick, Shearer, Towball and Styv, best part of the race though was Styv attempting to block pass Coolie, who was riding the 450, and then prceeded to run straight over him LOL But i missed all the picture of that one sorry Styv, just got one after the crash. Pics should be up soon + all 4 races from the helmet cam. Now i can't wait for next month.... Big thanks to Nick too for giving me someone to chase, man that last race was sweet, you'll soon see how close i got and you held me off for a lap n a 1/2, was awesome :)

cant wait to see the footage of me eating it

man it was funny

i've got a couple of good bruises timmy but apart from that i got out of it unhurt

the track was mint praccy and 1st race was a bit wet but i end up in 4th place somehow in the first
and well all was downhill from there

second moto i ate it off the start rode like a machine and got back up to like 9th and sheared all my sprocket bolts on the last lap for a dnf (not happy my days gone)

anyway thanks to some swapsy's i managed to fit a borrowed wheel thanks to towball and kosta (although an extremly bald tyre) but at least i could race

3rd moto got caught up and stalled when timmy and towball ate it in the first corner. got aggressive passed all the people that passed me and ended up 8th or something behind towball who didn't stall the bike in the first corner which is not to bad considering i was on the limiter everywhere from wheel spins man it sounded weird on the hard pack stuff.

last race was good got a decent start and held off dazza towball and one of the braap dudes for a solid 6th. was pushing hard as all hell to try and catch nicko but i didn't have the traction to match his pace. needed an extra couple of laps for nicko's arms to fall off then i might have been in with a chance

then got straight on the 450 for a few laps and that was good fun but man i was nackered
i let all the 50's go for a bit then took off lapped them up then caught styv again on my 3rd lap or something got him over the finish line somewhere the go around the first corner going slow cruiseing out to the second berm to get a run into the ski jump. and as i'm coming out of the corner out of the corner of my eye i see a 3ft high red thing tring to t bone a 450. i thought um this is not gunna go down well at all. i'm glad styv binned it because if he didn't i could not have stopped from running him over

good to laugh at now but not so good at the time....

anyway managed to salvage second for the day in the magoo's which is better than i thought i'd get
I haven't worked it out yet but it brings my lead down by a few points so the raceing to watch will be between me and towball for the next 2 rounds.

hussey and james will be the fight for 3rd hopefully they are back for next round

well done to styv kosta and the braap dude that got 3rd in the a's you lot where on it for sure

see ya's at packy it's my home town so lets hit the pub the i dont have far to go to get home
let us know

haha nice wrap up! Was a sweet day! Few hairy moments for myself (being an idiot and parking my bike on the other side of a berm after pushing it pack after a snapped throttle cable) Was very close to getting hurt and feel horrible for the other guy! Keen for next one!

was an awsum day , had a mad time battleing with dazza and joel , the next two races will be good , just have to work out how to get a bit more power into the stock 160 without tb parts and making it unreliable , might have to hit cramers lathe i think and start playing with compression . cant wait for packy, only 15 minits up the road , im takin the two zeders next race and will have to put a bit more power into the r ithink cant cope with hills lol was awsum fun though . thanks for another awsum race day and corey is comin to the next one too , hes hooked lol .

Nice race reports fella's. Myself, well my bad luck continues at Yanakie. Got a rear flat from (I think Styv) hitting my tyre coming through the first turn of race 1. Did the whole race with a flat, what an experience to say the least! :eek: Ended up salvaging 5th place.
Got 3rd in each race after that for 2nd overall. Had an awesome battle with Marcus and Luke in the last race, with the three of us fighting over 2nd place for the entire moto. Could have thrown a blanket over us at the finish.
Lost a heap of points and think Styv now leads the series by a few points. Coming down to the wire!!

See ya's next round at Pakenham, August 25th. :grinning-smiley-003

haha nice wrap up! Was a sweet day! Few hairy moments for myself (being an idiot and parking my bike on the other side of a berm after pushing it pack after a snapped throttle cable) Was very close to getting hurt and feel horrible for the other guy! Keen for next one!

Just found his on another VCM thread
"My injury update. Nearly disemboweled myself when I flew over a berm (my fault!) and to my horror realised I was going to land on a bloke fixing his bike from 2 races prior. Managed to hook my upper thigh on his foot peg. Down to the bone incredibly missed nerves and arteries. Luckily Dave Smiths daughter (ED nurse) was there and she kept pressure on the bleeding (thanks again Prue I owe you some new gloves). Treated by MICA paramedic who transferred me to Foster hospital they then decided I needed surgery so they on shipped me to Traralgon hospital. Called in surgeon and theatre staff who sewed me back together. I have no idea how many internal stitches but I will be ok. Many thanks to good mates Andrew and Matt who accompanied me to hospital then took my bike home washing it on the way. Put it back in the garage in its usual spot and even oiled the chain. Very classy guys! Downer this morning when I found out Dave Smith (Prues dad) also came to grief later in the day and he was admitted to the Alfred ICU with kidney damage and will be there for 6 weeks. **** nights sleep last night with flashbacks. To be honest feeling pretty negative about the whole VMX thing at the moment. J"

so thats what happened. doesn't sound real good for the other lad either :(

o n r u near cardiff? n are u coming to next round of vcm? if so wanna pick up my taky motor n exel rimsn and all my goodies of this bloke n bring it all with ya???? =)

o n r u near cardiff? n are u coming to next round of vcm? if so wanna pick up my taky motor n exel rimsn and all my goodies of this bloke n bring it all with ya???? =)

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif

Whats this Miniriders Sponsored rider stuff? You even been on a Mini laterly Harry?

That's between Harry and MR. ;)

Once he has his license I'm sure he will be at a lot more races next year.

I have my eye on another rider or 2 to join the team for next year.

The idea is to help good riders get to races and compete.

That's between Harry and MR. ;)

Once he has his license I'm sure he will be at a lot more races next year.

I have my eye on another rider or 2 to join the team for next year.

The idea is to help good riders get to races and compete.

Mooooowwwoaahahahahah!!!

Latest posts

Back