westy's CRF50 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it would be ok where it is, but next time you replace your chain add a link into the new chains length. my chain is pretty much flogged and will do that. how much top end did the 39T sprocket knock off? that would make 1st gear pretty much useless eh?

haha i like you man, you got the persistance of a puppy trying to lick its own balls. just keep going and going and going....

well if my 50 is gay and im a homo, then miniriders is one hell of a homosexual social networking site.

my junk finally got processed through customs. and its been sitting there since 8.43am this morning. slackers.

from one side of the country to the other in 24hrs, pretty impressed. got my springs, legs and bushes and my ishock today, lovin the quality.

i will start with the springs,
i was takin photos to make sure i put everything back together the same way (even tho these forks are not as complicated as my 450s), so here is how i went about installing the springs.
remove the fork leg guards, then spin off the brake slack adjuster, and remove the axle. put the spring and the adjuster nut back on the cable because i always lose that shit.
P1010019.jpg

remove the two 14mm screws, and remove the 32mm stem nut. then with a screwdriver and a hammer gently loosen off the castle nut and you will be able to remove the front end. be careful with the little bearing cages.
P1010021.jpg

flip the forks upside down and with your thumbs slide up the rubber dust covers. then you got access to the circlips that hold the legs in. remove. there is a heap of grease around the spring, so have your wifes best sunday dress handy to clean it up.
P1010024.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010027.jpg

push out the roll pin that holds the leg to the spring carrier. a hammer and a pin punch is the best tool.
P1010028.jpg

Last edited:
fork leg, collar, pin, and spring assembly all seperated.
P1010030.jpg

put the spring carrier in a vice and with a hammer and a small screwdriver gently tap the spring end so it rotates around the carrier, it will loosen enough to screw it off by hand. do both ends.
P1010033.jpg

the guts of the fork fully dissasembled.
P1010035.jpg

sik 50s vs stock honda
P1010037.jpg

P1010038.jpg

P1010039.jpg

P1010040.jpg

and reversed all those steps and shes all back together. note the length change. not going to put them in the forks just yet, going to paint them.
P1010041.jpg

will do the shock tomorrow.

Just reading the last couple of posts. If you put them in a seperate thread and call it something like "Changeing stock CRF50 Fork legs" it might become a tutorial. MR doesn't have a tut for changeing the stock CRF50 fork legs. Just an idea.

the I shock M1A6
P1010219.jpg

sittin pretty
P1010225.jpg

puppito wants a ride
P1010229.jpg

I will give you ten grand to break into my place. and when she grows up, 15 grand.
P1010232.jpg

Nice bike mate

also your dog looks a little excited aye in the second pic

hay mate bike looks sweet
looking buy a bike. or mod a stocker
and i was wondering how much that has costed so far ???? :confused-smiley-013
A++++

hmmm...

crf50 - $1300
red baron kit - 315
pro circuit pipe - 170 (second hand from these forums)
seat and pegs from DHZ - 80
crustys magazine for awesome stickers - 9
sik 50s little larry suspension (with never to be repeated I-shock M1A6 upgrade) - 380 ish

so yeh, more than you would pay for a china, and I well know that. but the fun I have had putting on these quality parts, and testing, and the comfort i have of knowing I can go 35 feet + on the stock frame and it not implode on me is worth it.

will I spend more money? you bet. its all part of the game. next will be a TB 88 kit. and then it may go quiet for a while if I dont break anything. but planning on staying with the stock frame. loving it at the moment. but a longer swinger is in order eventually. as are some USD forks with a 12 inch front, just so it doesnt get so nervous on the track.

all i want it for is to jump and to get flips down on a moto, and its at that stage right now.

Last edited:
bike looks great now mate.. keep it like that cos the next step is expensive buy a lxr instead
and that little dog is a beauty!!!

looking good westy ,

did you mean that you wouldnt buy another I-shock M1A6 ? is it no good ?

nah i love it at the moment. only reason I got it was because I got it for an amazing price, that I dont think will bee repeated, is what I meant.

its really plush, the quality appears brilliant. and fitted way better than the fastace one I had.

Latest posts

Back