westy's CRF50 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hay westy you dont happen to have the stock seat and want to sell it do you ?? I got my son a pitster pro ss 50 for xmas and it's just a tad to tall for him and a stock CRF50 seat would make it perfect !!!

Let me know hay ??

hey PB, sorry man haven read this thread for a while, you can Have the seat, Just you pay postage. I will get down to the Post office and have a look for ya. whats your post code? I live in the sticks, so could take a while to post.

just went for a ride, shock is freakin sic. but putting the front springs and fork legs in has made the front end a bit nervous, especially over braking bumps. might look at a 12 inch rim for the front. front end also likes to tuck in a bit when your on the brakes hard, bigger rim will fix that, and maybe better tyres. and some gearing changes are needed. after riding my 450 i forgot how slow the little think actually is. will get a 15,16, and prolly a 36. i did prolly a 15min moto on this little track and my shopping list now includes:
- tb 88cc kit with cam stock head
- 12 inch front rim
- Maxxis tyres
- longer shifter
- different front brake lever
- longer swinarm
whoever told me to stop my spending here and buy a china, probably a good idea, but im hooked now. gotta start stashing money in a seperate bank account so i can buy this stuff without the mrs knowing.

went for a ride today. the little 50 gets really tired after a while. gotta hurry up and get that 88cc kit.

also, when i got home, it was blowing a puff of black smoke when I revved it. normally that would say rich pilot jetting. but its still got stock jetting, a pro circuit pipe and a Uni filter. if anything it would be super lean. but is actually running really well.

what else can cause black smoke anybody know?

as she stands now
P1010551.jpg

P1010553.jpg

thanks for my factory sponsor "Hillz Racing" for these donuts
P1010552.jpg

looks like in this pic my subframe is a little bent. probable cause= failed backflips
P1010554.jpg

diddnt even notice that dust around the high speed adjuster, hope its not leaking.

haha yeh, would love some more, but the bike I stole them off only had a few, and I had to go halves with a mate. we found the bike at a tip. bogans.

i dont believe this 50 even runs... more of a pool room type thing :hidesbehindsofa:

wasnt too keen on riding my bike through salt water bro. haha

the ATO is going to give me a fair bit of my income back. after I pay the bills, pay out the mrs car loan, buy her something nice, I should have enough for the little weapon to have a makeover.

take one of these

DSC00697.jpg

remove this

DSC00702.jpg

add one of these

DSC00703.jpg

a fresh one of these

DSC00706.jpg

replace this with that

DSC00710.jpg

bake for one hour and you get one of these

DSC00711.jpg

first time I really got to test it today, and there is one mother of a flatspot. it was running rich, changed the main to a #82, did the plug colour test and its fine. but from 14 throttle to full throttle it really dies. going to drop the needle clip down one and see wat that does. any tips for the 20mm TB carby?

got it runnin good now. was bogging down in the shed. got a 87 main and needle clip half way. it hoots now! smokes the back tyre easy now.

Latest posts

Back