westy's CRF50 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westy465

Reaction score
thought I would make a proper thread with pictures of the progress.
started out as a stocker
P1000399.jpg

then got a bar kit

P1000407.jpg

then thanks heaps to CRF50 2008 for the Pro Circuit pipe. I will reccomend him as a seller to anyone.

IMG00071-20100829-1014.jpg

on the list, HD springs, 88cc kit with cam and carb. tall seat.
that is probably about where I will take it. would prefer to keep it 10/10, but would like a bit more travel, so kind of stuck. will probably go 12/10, with some nice forks, but not on the shopping list at this stage.

lookin good dude nice work, keep the updates comin!

I also wanna keep mine 10/10 with an 88, already got the HD springs upfront but Im in the same boat with forks. Not too keen on aftermarket USD's (or they're price haha) but im still looking for that extra bit of travel, not sure what to do as yet :(

i would be happy with some fast ace forks for what I do, mainly bmx jumps, but that would mean going to 12 inch rim, or getting a hub to match an lace it to a 10 inch rim. bit of dicking around but I will work it out when I get there. hey pato, how much do you weigh and do you bottom out much with the HD springs?

Im around the 60 - 65 KG mark, featherweight haha but they still bottom out on heavier landings, not as much but I can feel the end of the stroke for sure

Looking Good Westy!

For that Extra bit of Travel in the Forks have you thought about the +1" Fork Legs as well as the HD Springs? That will give you about +2 Inches of Travel in the Stock Forks.

Also any Plans for a Aftermarket Shock or just Stiffer Spring?

will the fork legs give you +1 of travel or just +1 of ride height?

yeh I have been looking around and for the price I was just going to get a fast ace shock, $150 bucks you get oil dampening, adjustable preload, extra travel, and later maybe some AS-01s.

i was thinking BBR E-5's (i think thats what there called) cuase you can just lower the bar clams to make them stock hight (or close to it) and its got that extra travel...

all i can find is the BBR E6? they are 1000 bucks from minimoto.com. ther is a SP5 but, 710 bucks. for the dough, the AS-01s will be fine.

Last edited:
Looks good mate, should be awesome with the 88 kit on it!

+1" Fork Legs with Aftermarket Heavy Duty Spring will give you around 2 Inches of Extra Travel, much better than Stock thats for sure...plus a cheaper option!

alright, yeah something china might be the way to go, iv always thought the same as you, i dont like the USD's on crf50's...

go the +1 forks and hd springs and fox air shock on the rear i had that for about a year really good set up for a 50 i never bottomed out and im about 90kg (bmx track riding only).
looking good though man may want to do the tall seat mod too eventually.

Last edited:
The tall seat foam makes a huge difference I found, much more comfortable both riding and jumping. Plus it looks a fair bit better lol :) I think ill try the +1 fork legs with the HD springs in at the moment and fastace 58-AR out back. Anyone had any experience with a similar setup to this? Or is it much the same as the setup you ran for a bit crf50 2008

yeh hillz thats steak sauce. (A1). billet ware pegs?

yeh pato down for anything man, would we save money?

Latest posts

Back