What is the best pit bike for riding trails?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam93

VIC MR Ride Day Organiser
Reaction score
What is the best pit bike for riding trails?

After just riding a new atomik prox big foot my pit bikes just not the same at trails...
It just glides over everything and you can go so much faster over those bumps...

My set up is 14"/ 12"

the bigger the better, 17/14 is a probably the way to go

i find with my 14/12 it finds rocks and sandy patches a bit sketchy,
________
Group Sex live

Last edited:
yep bigfoots/bigwheeled bikes make good trails bikes as there alot more smoother to ride, specially over bumps and ruts.

which 1 is best...for trail riding i think theyd all be suitable.. just look for one with the best suspension.
and if choosing one with a yx150/160 motor make sure you check out if it has the updated cases and gearbox if it hasnt then make sure you add tht into your budget...

hmmm good bike and all, but unreliable in the cases(only takes 1 bad kick start). and no upgrades available for them that im aware of.
you can of coarse put the ORK digi stator kit on them to help
try and stick to either a yx150/160(klx style) because you can buy the upgraded cases fro DHZ..

I more want to get a lifan 150 would like that a lot more, but i want a 17"/ 14" set up :(

Buy a miniblitz 150 instead... long wheelbase, perfect for trails, 150 motor, 17/14 bigfoot wheels. instant win.

How much can i get this miniblitz for? and is there parts available for em?

i believe the miniblitz 150 can be had for a bit over a grand from Cobb and Co on egay, but they dont have any in stock at present.. last i heard, they're getting another shipment in late december..
there is a shop around the corner from my place that sells them under the actual Mikilon brand name, but they're going for $1600 for the 150...
I got the 125, but i'm doing a fair bit of work to mine...
Standard suspension isnt great, but is easily rectified as they run standard fare pitbike rear shocks... Forks can be replaced with 85cc mx forks...
if you just want to blast down trails with it, i'd say this is one of the best bikes for it, if jumping 40ft gaps isnt required... it's a damn sight more stable and comfortable to ride than a bigfoot CRF or KLX style mini..
Not sure what cobb and co are like for parts, but the shop around the corner from me has full parts back up, and they sell non-homo sticker kits for them... ;)

If you live in Sydney maybe an Elstar 150? I have one, 17" front 14" back i find the suspension soft at the track but on trails its ok, 150cc (Branded elstar but its probs made by somebody else), Spare parts and headquarters for Elstar is at Milperra so its not too far to go for parts, spares if your in sydney..
Dont get me wrong its not up the pointy end of high "quality" pitbikes but its got a fairly strong motor, the frame is twin spar style and is very strong (I ride mine at appin and I bottom mine out, case it, flip it, you name it ive done it and ive only ever broken a lever.. )
so yeah for your purpose it may be a good choice, obivously if you got one you would locktite everything but also check your fuel lines, 1 of mine was ran right next to the exhaust and it got burnt through, but after i fixed that it was fine.. also put heavy duty tubes in, My chain and sprockets have held up reasonably well so depending on how much you ride it i wouldn't bother changing them, also the gearing is good in the bush, at the track its a bit high and needs more bottom end but in the bush its spot on..
heres a pic:
elstar150011-1.jpg

P9120150.jpg

Hope this helps..
edit * 1500 brand new but I talked mine down to 1370 with pro taper bars and grips, P.S get pro taper bars n grips the stock ones are not a good bend..

Last edited:
^^^that bikes an AGB-29... great frame...

As much as i hate to recommend them, Atomik on Egay sell them as an Atomik Pro-X 125 bigfoot... can get them with lights etc as well, so for trails it would be perfect... Same bike as above, but you could probably get it cheaper, knowing Atomik..
They are a reasonable bike, being an Atomik, but that model has been going for years, and it's relatively easy to source parts for them, from other shops... admittedly not as easy as a CRF/KLX type scooter, but easy nonetheless.

Latest posts

Back