Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably jinx myself now but I have not had any issues with the factory ignition on any of my engines.
I have heard good reports about these.
Racing Out Rotor Kit, Adjust Timing, Semi-Digi CDI, Harness
I personally have not tried them yet. I am sure they will fit your engine with a minor modification to the backing plate.
I hope you get your bike sorted so you can start enjoying it and posting some video's of it in action.
I really like the idea of a 160 in a solo frame.

yea i have put the motor back in my x4r until i get the engine going right,then i will put it back in the solo

at our local junior tarck and i have my own speedway track at home,have a few karts with these yx 150 engines in them to which go pretty dame good on a speedway track mate

at our local junior tarck and i have my own speedway track at home,have a few karts with these yx 150 engines in them to which go pretty dame good on a speedway track mate

Sounds awesome. I got a arrow kart Im going to put a 160 in but i don't have any where as good as you do to use it

sorry guys,ive been away for a while,had the motors pulled down and valves are fine,infact the whole motor is fine,Recently got a gpx140 and same thing again........? turns out that the cdi's are ****,mechanic said that its like the rev limiter is coming in way to early before they even rev hard,making it run like ****.
but i guess in a pitbike it might not be so bad but in a speedwaybike it needs top end to run mint at all times as thats where ya run 100% of the time.So back to the drawing board,but i still think the factory have really mucked things up here with there ignitions coz i have never come across this since i started buying pitbikes myself.Until years later with this problem,would really like the guy that posted a pic of my engine type in his solo frame to see how he made his speedway ignition fit his 155z.Be great info

It's not a rev limiter it's valve float. There is nothing wrong with the stock ignition. The stock valve springs are rubbish. You can either put a shim under the stock outer spring which is better or change to a v2 head.

A stock engine is not real good for speedway. They dont have enough torque high in the rev range.
You would need a V2 for sure to get the best of your slider.
The standard ignition is good for a worked 155z on pump fuel.

Latest posts

Back