Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol and that's after cleaning it out profusely waiting on payday as always and my lovely parts supplier has packing I can grab it

Last edited:
you could always use some roofing/wall insulation batts ?
give it a try by removing the expansion chamber first anyway

Ok besides waking my lazy neighbors removing the muffler made it idle a tad faster but not much else. However I accidentally left the fuel on and there was a small puddle under the carb not a huge amount but I thinks the float may be a tiny bit too high.....still don't help tho

I've ran the bowl out of fuel with no change if it was a float level issue id suspect there would even be a slight change as the level got lower

ytetevub.jpg

Smh ugggg no timing mark and now I have to slot the screws just to remove them

The plug? Idk if the caps resistor or not its the stock one and I'm having a lazy day lol I don't want to get off my butt n check it

didn't you replace the coil though?
when you check the cap it might have 5k imprinted on it, or use a multimeter set to 20,000 Ohms

the timing mark must be just under the tab

I replaced the stator primary coil not the ignition coil itself I might just replace it for the hell of it. Had a tester on the plug while running when at idle spark was consistant giving throttle it jumped around

Gonna have to take a break for now starter shaft stripped out and I just need to take a step back and give it a break come back at it with a fresh mind

damn that sucks

when i bought mine someone had already stripped the splines and welded the kickstart lever on.
a new kickstart shaft is about $60 from suzuki, there are some nos ones listed cheap now and then.
it's the same one used in the pre '82 RM80s as well

i'll have a look at my DS and get the readings off the Ignition coil, so you can compare it to yours

Last edited:
Timing mark was on the face of stator plate apparently the plate was recently replaced its the only orig part on the bike that's like new

Ordered the new ignition coil as soon as I can I'm ordering a new starter shaft and going through everything with a fine tooth comb

how much did they sting you for the special Suzuki internal CDI coil ?

The coil is supposedly direct fit for the bike. Replacing the starter shaft uggg need new crankcase gaskets.......

ok that's not too bad then.
the genuine one used to be around $200, due to the bike not having a seperate CDI etc

Ouch lol but you'll never guess what I found after all the spraying around the head the compression tests ect? When I pulled the top end the gasket was showing signs of leaking. It was on old one (I have the new one but somehow mixed the two.) That could be a bit of the problem lol. ....still need a new starter shaft at $50

yeah i still need the kick start shaft too,
the tack welds i did when i got it together ages ago are still holding it fine.

Latest posts

Back