Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh my wording sux lol yes what I meant was is there any sort of internal adjustment I adjusted the cable and if there's no other adjustment either my plates are worn or my springs aren't providing enough tension and I was like EEEEK!!! Because I already spent a good amount the past week and my wife wants to tan my hide lol

if at first you dont succeed get a bigger hammer....

Nah nothing inside to adjust.
I wonder if you could try shimming the clutch springs ? or replacing them with some H/Duty ones.
A set of new fiber plates is pretty cheap too

I found. Some. Fiber plates for ten bux and hd springs pretty cheap too (orig wanted them) its just a matter of waiting till my works unpaid leave Is over before I purchase more .....my wifes eyeing me with. A deathglare. Lol nah she's a great gal just worried about bills until I'm being paid again.

if at first you dont succeed get a bigger hammer....

Ok my minds a lil off trying to take it off of things but. I've checked out the plates and my uncle and racing buddies prescribed rotella oil for my gearbox and swear by it. The friction plates I measured to be 3mm or lil less thickness I don't have a manufacturer manual to work with so have no idea the ideal thickness Till maintenance. Atm I just spent my only spending money to fix my step daughters lt80 because. I can't stand seeing that girl depressed. So I'm hoping I can have the plates wait. Springs are still strong and maybe one steel plate may need replacing. I'm thinking partially the oil in the case caused slipping as it worked fine months back when I first had it running . Clutch lever and lift lever are perfect now with new seal and bolt setup. Oil I used I couldn't tell you I thought I used wet clutch safe oil but I may have reused the container for normal engine oil. Just in case I treated the friction plates to a bath and cleaned any gunk. I did this before on a bike that had the wrong oil and it worked well fixing the problem.

Weeeeeellllllll started more work on it along with the rm125 got new clutch plates sbs brakes new chain packed the muffler cleaned it a Lil more added rotella t to the gearbox and got impatient couldn't wait for the rear fender and couldn't wait for the new tire to get here either broke it in and it's pretty strong jumped a drainage ditch and other fun stuff
86aacf926cd792a8a03488f57e7b8e99.jpg

Lol if u notice no front brake lever fell victim to eBay and ordered "anodized" blue alum ones.cheap price should've been a giveaway that the pics hid how cheap they were made.....anyways taking my time cuz I want this bike all a1 it's going to be one of my "show bikes" hopefully when I'm done
eb16047953ec1c0040fd5cb3dbb6a81c.jpg

0ad6cc77e266fc0670dfdff6870993e4.jpg

Gonna add new bars I got and a better set of risers

I've got a question if anyone's paying any attention to my slow butt still but what years rm80 engine parts were similar? I don't trust just googling it and I'm interested in a few ideas already have the rm exhaust from like the 80s thinking about either a carb swap or just a rejet as it's got power but lacks takeoff partially from a slight lean cond

Some pre 1980 part's will interchange.
I had to rejet my DS80 after giving it a clean up/out and a free-er flowing exhaust
Sounds like your pilot jet may be a touch small if it affects take off

I'll agree with you on that xr yeah it has good too speed but take off is a Lil lax the clutch works great tho got the plates from I think ebc and the steel ones I got oem as they were worn thinner. Everything works good so far at least I'm liking how far it's come

Ugh anyone got a good swingarm bushing brand otherwise I'm going oem. Had the rear tire off was wondering why the rear had some slop and found three bushings which were whole and looked good had fallen apart on the test ride. Anyways got the new rear tire waiting on the front and a few other things but going good
9bd7fda03ba1d5d815bba98dc03a5259.jpg

Came up with an idea that worked because I'm cheap lol my welding tip cleaner gave me the idea small files in incriments of portions of mms resized the jet and it runs purty

Ok upon finally getting out of the hospital today at 10am (since ambulance got me there at 8 pm previous night) I had the head unbolted previous night I run any two stroker I have a Lil of a rich mix my teaching is it's easier to clean a pipe than replace rings and internals. From what I see no excessive build up so far ....might I add I am a very very nit picky builder I do several builds and tear downs to perfect it so far so good had to open the port a little as the intake mount doesn't fully match the port .....it does now. Cut all new gaskets from fel pro material. Removed some stressors on the hardware and con rod via the flash line I'll post pics when I'm up and about soon but it's looking nice . My sbs brake pads came in cost me $8 us I'm on a roll lol

Ok springs are strong as Heck with the sbs brakes
2c2f2f36bdf400bfa00eef908134eb04.jpg

These are my reeds xr I use boyeson so far had some decent luck esp with two stage power reeds sometimes I'll splurge on vforce 3 but for now....
102f7e91744ebb84676cf18cd20098a4.jpg

2301c6d4484ee649a1a45357ca3d8406.jpg
bushings for the swingarm were in pieces could only find two and I'm a bit broke atm so I took some rubber hose with same softness/ compound type and fit it to the swingarm and steel Bush in the center works like a charm

643e4fd681c38802d8b9e5256f8d5f7c.jpg

Engine back together again had it apart to adjust and change a few things cover had to be sealed with rtv at first but I ordered a gasket from tikes cycle they claimed they machine or die cut gaskets.....what I got was a rushed hand cut mismatched gasket that didn't fully fit. Response to my message they tried to claim I ordered the wrong year ....when they labeled it for my engines exact year. It's curvy and honestly you can tell someone messed up
58122f881220ba79bbd075afae031e79.jpg

Oh and here's my mechanic lol
4dc07ae5ef13e71973638509b34b5417.jpg
.my wife's awesome me being sick and it raining out she brought my stuff inside so I could do something...or it might be to get me out of her hair lol

Well my shop just received another project....thus why my own work takes time anyways he had a ton of extras with a used kx80 big wheel I got larger handlebars that fit my ds new throttle that fits aftermarket brake and clutch levers he told me I can keep and resell the extra parts for doing good work for cheap for him so we shall see also waiting on my front tire to come in as the old dry rotted one is ripped open on one side

2cbeeb56c372689a739ba740ba67d87b.jpg

Sbs brakes def add some stopping power couldn't force the wheel with em engaged here's the stock comparison
8ef9c87a48b91dfbeac7f6cacf637e98.jpg

Thicker mind you due to wear mostly ...pads plus stiffer springs and better material.

Latest posts

Back