Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I already tried Blender....hence why my toe is now puffy...dropped one of the fork legs on it, but my own fault for working on the bike in bare feet!!! I'm all sorted now anyway!

All sorted I just grabbed a set of 730mm PitsterPro adjustables(which are brand new) off of gottogetacheaperhobby for $180! They will slide straight into the PitPro triples as they are the same size!!

Will probably have to talk to my67xr to work out what we can do about the brake mounts...fingers crossed its the exact same, I get lucky like that sometimes ;) but a flat bit of metal wont be to hard to make in an hour or two!

What a champ, I think all people called Stuart who ride minis must be legends!!!

I guess I can show you guys now what I ordered the other day for the colour scheme! I went a little silly but its going to look really cool when its all here!! :action-smiley-035:

Plastics Plastic Fender KIT FOR 125cc 250cc Apollo Thumpstar Atomik Orion Dirt PIT Bikes | eBay

Seat
Blue Tall Gripper Seat Honda XR50 CRF50 XR 50 CRF Bike I SE03 | eBay

Thinking of grabbing this sticker set when I have some spare monies laying around....dont need it just yet but I think this will finish it off rather nicely! ignore the plastics just the decals

Full Plastics 3M Graphics Decals FOR Honda CRF50 50F 2004 2012 PIT Dirt Bike | eBay

What do you think? I know its probably a bit wanky to some setting it up to look like a mini WR250...but Its going to look mint! :D

Last edited:
the link for the plastics doesnt work for me? im getting the drift of your plans though. that sticker kit is pretty tops. nothing wanky about doing your bike up the way you want it mate, its called personal preference ;)
oh and damn right us stuarts are just damn great :)

Actually I got the CRF50 blue modified plastics...cant even find the link anymore...better fit or I will be annoyed! Now I realized I order that set and its wrong!...*facepalm* that was pretty dumb....stupid late night ebay job...I swear I ordered blue CRF50 plastics with an extended rear mudguard :( not those....well...way to waste money...I think they will fit the TDR so not a complete loss...still what an idiot I am!

Yeah sorry try now I fixed all the links ;)

Last edited:
So I pulled off the TDR plastics...looks like the tank side of things will be ok, not entirely sure about the rear half of it however, the seat is a bit of a different funny shape!

The seat is the only thing I think wont go on properly...but I'm getting the correct seat so it may well be possible to convert the plastics. Either that or I'll just put them on the TDR and make that look like a mini WR250.....here is a photo...looks like some work has been happening at the TDR's R & D department! I though for a second it would go straight on, but some slight seat conversion would be needed for it to go on there! Doesnt look all bad though, thats just sitting on top...trying to figure out how I could attach the rear bit of it...DSC_0196.jpg

Well that is a bit of a surprise...there is your long rear fender kit Craig! The TDR plastics bolted to the crf50 seat. It actually doesn't look to bad,and all mates up quite well(almost perfectly)...Just needs to be screwed in under the bottom there,which I havn't done just yet!...This is because they dont make the modified rear fender kit in blue for the crf50...or at least no where I could find, I could find Red and Black only... :( DSC_0203.jpg

the first line of his description is-
This is a brand new Plastic body kit set (7 pieces) with SUPER HOT " PURPLE" COLOR!

Yay Craigs back!! :coolthumb: Yup well its as close to blue as I can find, must be scared of being sued by yamaha or something?...I serioulsy suck at ebay too took me 3hrs to find that!

Will be fine when I put the sticker kit on it....

I bought forks off of Tassy Stu! Thats next a set of GPX forks :D and an old mate said I can ride at his 300 acre property near Morgan!! Going to Kingston SE next weekend to ride at a big cattle and sheep property!

Both bikes are running. Feel pretty proud I did a tyre myself....damn that was harder than I was expecting!

yeah sorry i have been sick, dunno what with though ? the wife has it too...
sore throat, headaches, sore back etc etc, i have hardly been awake, or out of bed for 2 and a half days.

No need to apoligise. Ouch! That doesnt sound like fun at all, I've been fine and if it was contegious, I probably wouldnt be by the sounds of it. Could be stress/anxiety because of the poor old doggy? Emotions can play a big part in peoples health short term and long term...just keep taking it easy for a while mate thats what I would say is the best option!

yeah sorry i have been sick, dunno what with though ? the wife has it too...
sore throat, headaches, sore back etc etc, i have hardly been awake, or out of bed for 2 and a half days.

sounds like what people around my area have been getting, i had it for about a week, couldnt do anything, couldnt breathe properly because of it!

Hope u get better tho :)

look foward to seeing those GPX forks bolted up, you'll love the difference in feel over the stock POS forks :D

look foward to seeing those GPX forks bolted up, you'll love the difference in feel over the stock POS forks :D

I'm sure the 4 extra inches of travel will go a long way too, 740's vs 640s!! Taking it out this weekend...hoping to get a mid week ride in too!

Although I'm wondering if the clutch isn't set up properly on either bike or if its just how chinese pit bike clutches work...takes a bit to get it back into neutral sometimes! I also just noticed the head on the PitPro is twice the size of the head on the ducar TDR....cool!

Thinking maybe swapping the 640s for some other parts I need may be a better option than exchanging money!

i found my spinner today, and made up a couple of gaskets for it too.
now i just need to find one of my Shock Spanners

001.jpg

Awesome I'll swing by probably tomorrow on my way home around 4pm(ill call ya to make sure you're there first), should be taking the PitPro out one afternoon this week, keen to get it done, and I've got a few questions too as per usual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back