Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looking good stu !

Cheers mate, how many layers of paint and clear coat do you normally use? Second coat of enamel blue went on early this arvo, the colour is good enough now, I was thinking a can of clear coat from here(then Ill have enough for the tank without needing more)? Trying not to spend to much on paint is all as this wont be winning any photo comps, just going to be nice looking!! Got any suggestions as to what clear coat to use as well?

if you can hold off for a couple of days i have some 2pack clear i could finish it with, it will make it a bit tougher.
but the Blue needs to harden up first

if you can hold off for a couple of days i have some 2pack clear i could finish it with, it will make it a bit tougher.
but the Blue needs to harden up first

Will do so the GPX forks are black, the motor is black and the wheels are black, so I've kinda decided I'll go similar to this colour scheme. Obviously its not a motard, but I think black rear swinger will make it look less like a stock wr and more like a worked one!! Slowly but surely its getting there....

lt-front.jpg

and get some STU TECH stickers made for your forks

and get some STU TECH stickers made for your forks

Good plan! Where is Blender he wants to talk about this bike on the SA ride day 2014 thread....Get him moderated!! The Blue/white sticker kit I got is the dunlop/one industries kit. Looks more moto and less 'rockstar' imo! Havnt been through the pack to see exactly what is in there cause I dont want to mess them up with greasy hands!

Bottom right of this is what those stickers look like on a bike, should work out about right if you mix the above bike with the blue frame,tank,plastics,white/blue sticker kit, black forks, rear swing arm, wheels and accessories. If that makes sense!!

$_57.JPG

rockstar=BAD

monster=BAD

energy dinks in general is bad, especially on minis!

i want a farmers union ice coffee sticker kit ! :D

rockstar=BAD

monster=BAD

energy dinks in general is bad, especially on minis!

i want a farmers union ice coffee sticker kit ! :D

Hahahahaha.....yeah...stopped drinking that stuff ages ago(although through yr12 the only reason I went to school cause I could get a doghnut and a 600ml ice coffee before classes cheaper than anywhere else, good motivation is good motivation!!)....Its still an energy drink, just the original one, so I see ya point mate! Maybe we can talk to them when there are huge ride days going on at real MX tracks around Australia, they like to sponsor that kinda stuff!! :thumbup:

I just dont like rockstar or monster energy because it ties in with Ken Block....who incidentally is the worst freaking rally driver on the planet...Serioulsy surprised he hasnt offed himself yet....I mean really...dont rally drive if you cant freaking rally drive!!! [video=youtube;IaNrSm2ROu0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaNrSm2ROu0#t=107[/video]

Last edited:
Right so that was a fail....definitely need a darker blue :bigcry: Oh well it will be 4 layers of paint before it gets a clear coat! Grrrr....

Yes I finally got a photobucket account too....but still cant upload profile pic!!!

so is that the same VHT Blue i used ?

yey for big pics, finally !! +reps

so is that the same VHT Blue i used ?

yey for big pics, finally !! +reps

Nope....and thats what I get for not listening!!!! I was to far from sprints so I got some kill rust enamel from Stratco(its was on special for like $12), not all is lost basically its just had expensive primer on it. Supercheap has the VHT, I'll grab some next time I'm down there. Needs a bit more of a sand back anyways couple of dodgy parts! Plus I have another few dollars of credit at supercheap....

Either that or thinking I may find the colour code for Yamaha blue and get Sprint to do a matched spray pack, from memory it was only like $15 or something and a couple of days wait. If its only a couple of dollars more I might go that option instead! Do you know what that colour code is off the top of your head?

they can only mix it in Acrylic though.
spray that over your enamel and it will become wrinkle finish, the whole lot will fry up.

and if you rub through that Killrust Blue and try and paint over it again, it might fry as well

they can only mix it in Acrylic though.
spray that over your enamel and it will become wrinkle finish, the whole lot will fry up.

and if you rub through that Killrust Blue and try and paint over it again, it might fry as well

Its not my day....So its wattyl, Killrust Epoxy Gloss enamel....Cant paint over it and cant sand it back? Well thats a bit **** :(

Or will I just have to use the VHT??

what does it say on the can about recoating it ?
recoat within 1 hour, or wait a certain amount of hours before recoating.

you can try sanding a small area where you wont notice it, rub across a couple of welds and get a little bit of bare metal showing.
then try repainting it

you needed more of a Navy Blue

what does it say on the can about recoating it ?
recoat within 1 hour, or wait a certain amount of hours before recoating.

you can try sanding a small area where you wont notice it, rub across a couple of welds and get a little bit of bare metal showing.
then try repainting it

you needed more of a Navy Blue

Touch dry after 4-6hrs and 16hrs before recoat!

ocean blue looks a lot cleaner

Cool I'll see how that goes then(think my supercheap hard has about that much left on it)! Enamel over enamel is fine isnt it? Just not acrylic on enamel is what you were saying earlier? I figured it out just after I posted before,I really dont know much about paint. The rear swingarm looks GOOD in gloss black, was to late to take a photo. Will get one up tomorrow. Hopefully when its the right colour!

what you want to do now is to put enamel over epoxy enamel, there is still a chance it might fry up though.
try it where you wont notice it as much, eg under the tank etc

what you want to do now is to put enamel over epoxy enamel, there is still a chance it might fry up though.
try it where you wont notice it as much, eg under the tank etc

Ok not only do I not know much about paint....I now officially hate it!

Note to self always listen to Craig the first time! No difference if I used Engine Enamel? I have Black Enamel, might just do a test with that...or I'm going to have to find epoxy enamel in the right colour if I want it to work properly now is what you're pointing at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back