Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep anyone have a really bendy manifold going cheap??

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Lol, I hope you can get it sorted, there was some guy on here with problems putting a 30mm OKO on a 250, hope you dont run into as much trouble as he did! Lol

Blender its fine how it is...you know that saying if it ain't broke don't fix it...time to ride!! Well when I sort out a bash plate an a few other minor things. Kicks over basically first kick now...why would I want to mess with that! Plus I'm broke until I sell some stuff. The guy is still keen on the 125 for $160 so that will help!

Yeah making manifolds is a chore, haven't tested it yet but I have seen plenty of bendy ones for the 125 horizontal engines. I hears a hew people talk about bringing them out the front....not an option with the WR layout ?

Foward facing inlet manifolds are usually on KLX styled intake ports, and im pretty sure the YX150 uses a KLX style head, so it could work ?

Yeah making manifolds is a chore, haven't tested it yet but I have seen plenty of bendy ones for the 125 horizontal engines. I hears a hew people talk about bringing them out the front....not an option with the WR layout ?

it would require a new oil cooler setup then to move it up and out of the carby/filters way

Last edited:
Yeah the oil cooler is not going to allow it to go forwards. To keep it out the way of my knees it would have to probably be like a DHZ with a 160 manifold...they have a similar frame and head.

you'd go through a lot of those fibre/spiral gaskets, i prefer the copper ones.

did you see the link for the manifold above the gasket link ?

Yeah need to sell some stuff cause I need one for the z160 too but will get that blygo one with 3 different sets of mounting holes!! Cant get into eBay now cause it didn't like my new address...apparently you should know the other eBay account if you're at the same address...wtf

i didn't think any of the Blygo ones suited the KLX YX heads ?

i didn't think any of the Blygo ones suited the KLX YX heads ?

They seem to be going for DHZs throat atm....DHZ has dropped their prices and Bly-go have upgraded their whole store front and have a stand alone website now that is slowly filling up with parts....I love competition so much!! Not 100% sure what the klx head type needs is it a smaller or larger bolt pattern or something??

Oh I found out too, the bars that came with this bike are actually genuine Renthal bars OOracing sell them for 42 pounds new....damn!!! Thats good they can go on the bigwheel!! They weight almost NOTHING...and are at least 5mm thick alloy :thumbup:

OOracing has them here!

OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Handle Renthal 7/8 bars Mid bars wide clamp type (Powered by CubeCart)

oh and new chrome fuel cap complements of the pitpro bigwheel!!!!

Last edited:
And some guy on facebook wants the Lifan 150 minus the parts that are missing and or broken for $50....score!!

a standard 125 is happy with a China Mikuni 19mm, they give you quick throttle response, and rev out pretty well, the 22mm are a bit big, best suited for top end use.

and don't forget that the Braaap 190's come with a 22mm

braaap 190 may have come out with a 22 mm but it had absolutely nothing above half throttle. i have had a 24mm oko working great on a standard ducar 125, no hesitation blip reving it, and the increase in power over the mikuni 19mm was huge!!!! i have had a 26mm oko working great on my gpx125 as well, just took a bit to jet it right. i wouldnt be putting a 24mm carb on a 150/160 unless your only revving to half throttle 90% of the time as it would be plain asmathatic in the top end...... when i had the pe28 on the 160 engine to get it running i even managed to get that running quite well. each to their own i guess, but i dont see the oint in choking a engine up like that....
and i have got the 26mm oko on the 160 now, engine tank fitted to the frame and with my tb manifold clearance issues are negligible.... i also think i remember someone saying the oko's are the same dimensions?

braaap 190 may have come out with a 22 mm but it had absolutely nothing above half throttle. i have had a 24mm oko working great on a standard ducar 125, no hesitation blip reving it, and the increase in power over the mikuni 19mm was huge!!!! i have had a 26mm oko working great on my gpx125 as well, just took a bit to jet it right. i wouldnt be putting a 24mm carb on a 150/160 unless your only revving to half throttle 90% of the time as it would be plain asmathatic in the top end...... when i had the pe28 on the 160 engine to get it running i even managed to get that running quite well. each to their own i guess, but i dont see the oint in choking a engine up like that....
and i have got the 26mm oko on the 160 now, engine tank fitted to the frame and with my tb manifold clearance issues are negligible.... i also think i remember someone saying the oko's are the same dimensions?

Yeah well I've got someone coming to buy the Lifan 125 tomorrow for $130 hopefully I can get another $20 for the 22mm carby on that, then I might almost have enough for the 24mm oko that Craig has. But it also takes a new air filter so thats another $20 or 6 week wait.... I also found a manifold that has more bend to it in my parts today. Still more money....and the YX took up time I should have been making the tow hitch carrier and still need to buy lights etc for that project too!! I havent ridden it much but went for a quick boot to make sure the yx had all gears and back down. Didnt seem to bad with full throttle at all, the mini wr weight bugger all so it was lifting the front on the gear changes even at idle speed...but the carby is not tuned yet so super rich atm!! Should be interesting when its tuned....remembering I dont want to die and still havnt clocked that many hours on a bike, so far its been all bigwheel too!!

did you try the manifold i sent over?

That went with that cheapie bike I sold, I realised later that wasnt the smartest thing to do...I found another bendier one in the shed, might do a bit more tonight and see if that one work better. Otherwise its $20 for a new one. I still need to get a straight one for the bigwheel too...That is kinda priority...not sure if I will bother taking both bikes up to Morgan this time maybe just the bigwheel. All it needs is a new nylon bush in the rear shock and Ill get away with the airfilter the way it is atm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back