Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did u need surgery racer?

No surgery needed for me.. All the ligerments around the shoulder healed except for the one that attached the collar bone to the shoulder, know my collarbone just sticks up a little more than normal.
Gets a little sore sometimes, but all good now.

Had my right shoulder done in april 2010. Its still **** house. Doesnt pop out anymore but weak and painfull as hell. Make sure you DO your physio properly and see a sprorts physio not just a normal physio, also see an osteopath to help the healing. Need to get my left shoulder done aswell.

So my AC ok but I gotta get one of these in the next couple days n then it gotta come out in three months,
194bca92.jpg

Thats a bummer you need a op. Hope it goes well and your back on the bike real soon.
Was good to meet ya Yesterday. Bet it was tough standing on the other side of the track.

Was a bit hard but it was wicked fun anyway n I got to meet all u blokes n u all drove ages to be there. Was awesome watchn u all having a blast I'll get out with yas as soon as I can, surgery got postponed after sitting at hospital for 12 hours I got sent home n told to come back sunday so fingers crossed I get done I just wanna start healing so I can ride again

N Hess I'd like to pick your brain bout recovery n stuff sounds like u been through it before n wish u did things different

If you are doing any sport that involves a coach, do not listen to any advice from them regarding returning to training/rehab. They are, almost without exception, too aggressive about athletes returning to training; listen to your doctor and physio and be diligent with the rehab, it can prevent serious issues later in life along the lines of arthritis ;)

Good luck with the op!

Was a bit hard but it was wicked fun anyway n I got to meet all u blokes n u all drove ages to be there. Was awesome watchn u all having a blast I'll get out with yas as soon as I can, surgery got postponed after sitting at hospital for 12 hours I got sent home n told to come back sunday so fingers crossed I get done I just wanna start healing so I can ride again

N Hess I'd like to pick your brain bout recovery n stuff sounds like u been through it before n wish u did things different

Best of luck for Sunday mate, hope they don't postpone it on you again....:boxe:

If you are doing any sport that involves a coach, do not listen to any advice from them regarding returning to training/rehab. They are, almost without exception, too aggressive about athletes returning to training; listen to your doctor and physio and be diligent with the rehab, it can prevent serious issues later in life along the lines of arthritis ;)

Good luck with the op!

Spot on.

I have had a shoulder reco.

Very important to take it easy for a few months afterwards and get onto the physio.

Mines fine now. Won't say 100% but easy 95% and doesn't pop out anymore. I have over 200 disclocations in my time. Guys that have had 1 know the pain it causes.

You will be right. Just baby steps.

cheers guys thanks for your support, so i will be ok to not start rehab or physio for like 6 weeks?
just seems like a long time to not use my arm n then have to start again, anyway ill keep yas posted thanks again

cheers guys thanks for your support, so i will be ok to not start rehab or physio for like 6 weeks?
just seems like a long time to not use my arm n then have to start again, anyway ill keep yas posted thanks again

If you start rehab too early you increase the risk of doing further damage by separating unhealed tissue... In the grand scheme of things, 6 weeks isn't all that long but you'll be surprised how stiff you end up. Keep on the rehab and it will free up fairly quickly, shoulders are very mobile joints.

Edit - I'm in serious need of a knee reco (you should see the fun things my lower leg does)... Something I'm really not looking forward to but I'm getting sick of it dislocating every time I turn around, get out of a car, look at it funny, etc. Gonna be a major hassle as I have no car/car license and ride a motorbike every day. Get on top of the shoulder, do it right and don't worry if it takes a while, it will save you from daily issues later on!

Last edited:

I had to wait over 2 months.

Your going to loose a lot of strength for sure. Nothing you can do about it.

Physio will put a plan together for you.

You want to rest it for the full 6 weeks IMO as you wouldn't want to redamage it again and be back at square 1.....

yeah im cool to wait if thats he best thing to do , just feels weird its like iv forgoten how to use my arm already and it hasnt been 2 weeks yet, i will do it all properly and take my time to get better.

as far as strength goes, will i ever regain full strength and movement?

yeah im cool to wait if thats he best thing to do , just feels weird its like iv forgoten how to use my arm already and it hasnt been 2 weeks yet, i will do it all properly and take my time to get better.

as far as strength goes, will i ever regain full strength and movement?

You will regain full strength (may want to pumps so weights down the track).

Movement depending on the physio will get back to 95% to 98%. That's really good enough.

"Time heals all wounds" A great quote from some dude famous... for... um... that quote? ;) Sorry to hear about the Op, mate. Hope all goes good. But least with an op, they SHOULD get it right and quicker than healing it on its own. And yeah +1 for the take it easy on the rehab. You have to push your body to mend and re strengthen, but not too early. Its a balance. I've done heaps of damage to my knees and colorbone over the years. My left knee in particular, is pretty crap now and foreva, as I pushed it too soon. Too late for me! Snapped my colorbone when a Taxi tagged me on my road bike. Didn't get it fixed. Now, its pretty good mostly, but when the weather changes.. look out. And my shoulder that popped at the same time, is a bit like Mel Gibsons' in Lethal Weapon! ;)

Anyways, good luck with it all... but the main thing is, the bikes ok. ;)

Latest posts

Back