Atomik Reign, Lifan 150, Big Foot questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much more will it cost to get a tube from a shop? Looking to get a new one sooner rather than later :)

Last edited:
my local motorbike shop charges about $20 for a Vee Rubber tube.

Sounds about right, I guess my Atomik shop would have tubes for a decent price?

Thanks ended up paying $14 for a Vee tube, And received the new lever today which is this one
Front Hydraulic Brake Right Master Cylinder PIT PRO Trail Dirt Quad Bike ATV | eBay

I've bled it and it feels very firm, Almost to the point I couldn't pull it any harder... It feels firmer than it used to with the broken lever but pulling it as hard as I could doesn't stop it as quick as it used to with the old lever...

Is there just a compatibility issue, Is there possibly still air in the system or is it just a poorer quality leer?

can you see the piston move out the caliper, and push the disc pad onto the disc when you put the brake on ?

I'll have a look, There isn't much clearance between the rotor and the caliper and it does rub a little bit
Do you think i'll need to take the pads out, Rub a bit of fluid on the seals of the piston and push them back in?

I do know a bit as I ride mountain bikes, Doesn't sound like theres fluid on the pads because mtb brakes would just howl if they got fluid on them

Last edited:
Also i've found that before my bike fully heats up, With the clutch fully in when I shift from neutral to first it stalls, If I try and kitck it in first with the clutch fully in it does roll foward a bit. Basically after it warms up it's fine...

Is this a problem with the clutch or the oil?

How much freeplay do you have at the clutch lever?
You might be able to wind the cable adjuster out a bit more?

I'll try that, The cable feels kinda hard to pull so I might replace the cable if they don't cost to much

Like the clutch would engage at 1/10th of a pull of the lever so when I pull it all the way to the bars I didn't think it would still be grabbing

Took off my valve covers as I now have a set of feeler gauges
The intake valve was rock solid and the exhaust valve had a bit of play in it
I couldn't even fit 0.002 into the intake, And I didn't really bother because I didn't know how to do it

I don't know how to find TDC on the engine and i've tried watching the OOracing video and reading the guide on here

Could this be why it won't idle when it's first started with the choke on or not, And why when I accelerate in low revs the bike shudders as if it wants to stall

the engine needs to be turned over until it is at top dead centre to check the valves

take the sprocket cover off and the cam cover off.
there is a tdc line on the flywheel infront of the sprocket, that needs to be at the top.
it lines up with a mark at the top of the case.
then at the camshaft there is a marking on the gear, that should be pointing at 9 o'clock in the head.
that is TDC.

the hesistation could mean it has a blocked, or partly block Pilot Jet.
the carby will need to come off, and the fuel bowl taken off.
the Pilot Jet is the smaller one on the inlet manifold side of the big central Main Jet, it is down in that alloy tube/tower
if you unscrew it and take it out, check that you can see though the middle of it
poke a strand of wire through it to make sure, and blow it out.
also where that Pilot Jet screws into, at the bottom of the hole, there is a tiny hole which you should be able to see through too.
if either is blocked, it will cause a hesitation, and want to hesitate/stall every time you go to accelerate

Last edited:
Which ones the cam cover? I presume the sprocket cover covers the front sprocket, in which case mine doesn't have

ok, yours must have a short cover like this ?
the flywheel is behind here on the l/h side of the engine.

1000x1000.jpg

the cam cover is on the l/h side of the head
like this, it could have CDI on it if it is the same as mine

images

What size nut is holding the valve adjuster down?
I've tried 8 and 10mm spanners and they don't fit... Couldn't use the socket set as I need to hold down the top part

yeh the valve adjusting nuts are 9mm. some are actually an imperial size too, just make sure the 9mm is a tight fit

Latest posts

Back