Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok guys, so the front end is on now, (well not really, i just gotta order bearings!!)
So unfortunately there was a strom at my place recently so there was some lightning, lots of it....One went astray into my yard and decided to hit the tree outside my window....So we lost EVERYTHING electronic....my laptop that i just got after my old one died of cracked screen and a few other things......Also lost all tvs, and modem. the only way im getting on here is on my silly school laptop.my lead and cdi arrived and they will be pics soon.

Ok so with the frame, the swingarm lugs are positioned abit further down then my old frames, so my 285mm shock just looked rediculous. Like the swingarm was litterally vertical lol. So im after a shock (dnm, fastace) thats around 235-250mm long. then after that all i have to do is get my swingarm drilled out to 28mm to accomodate new bushing and then hopefully im done.....:D
cheers,
jack

f@ck sorry to hear that mate, that will put a nice hole in the funds replacing all ya ****. good news on the bearings tho, you would have to be hanging on riding again

yeah, havin no computer games to play made me bored, so im gonna finish the bike as quick as posible and ride it lol
Then maybe save for another laptop....again lol

i was just thinking, is the frame your using now supposed to run a a-style swinga and not the h-style like you have?

i had a look under the house for the original swingarm, i think i found it, and its a h style, i would use it, bt its cracked and rusted out pretty badly, thanks for the link to the shock, that'll probably be what i end up getting :)

k guys the forks are on and i've decided to repair the old swingarm and paint it, etc. heres a shot of where the chain has rubbed through it:

the forks on the bike, its pretty raked out as its all loose.

My new number plate :) an old door from a mouse cage i found under the house, looks like a crf 70 plate :p

cheers mate, with the swingarm i was thinking of getting some 15x3 mm thick and welding it over. i was going to fill it, but welding would be alot easier.

i've some ineteresting plans for it, involving carbon fibre contact.....hehe

just cut the centre piece out of where the chain has rubbed through and butt weld in a patch piece, 3mm thick will be fine
otherwise you could even just grab a hammer and chisel, and knock each end of the centre bit down
that way it will help hold up the new patch, while you weld it all.
watch out you don't cook the front swingarm pivot bush too!
knock it out with a suitable sized socket if you can.
if not have a tub of water ready to cool the bush once you've finished welding.

prep all the rust on the chrome well, sand it back till the brown rust goes, and leaves it clean bare metal.
next rub it back with some 80 grit freecut paper,
then polish out the 80 grit scratch's with some 180 grit freecut.
then give it a few coats of etchprimer to stop the rust from coming back
it might also pay to put a coat or 2 of gloss paint over the top to help seal it all before you vinyl wrap it

have you though of doing a custom carbon style painted finish like this ?
you could use the same technique, but use some paint instead.
then clearcoat it for some decent shine
here is a couple of links that explains it a bit-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N5N-AYaENI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FpY0_TITmo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILLFRiXxU3o

Last edited:
cheers craig, with the welding thats probable exactly what i'll do. as for the bushings, the ones in it atm are so-so as far as condition goes, but if it does get a little hot, the ones i bought a while back (that i couldnt use on my old swingarm) i can now use on this one, i just cut em down to size.

the swingarms now prepped, and i should be able to weld it all tommorow and then paint it black, fit it all up and go from there.

for the carbon, i really like the way he did it in the first video, using some non-slip mat is a great idea! but i reckon doing it on crf50 styled plastics and holding it tightly might be a bit hard ? i'll give it a go :)

K, so the swingarm is now reapiared and painted, looks really nice, got a bit of overspray, but its not too noticable :)

Just hooked up an old crappy 240mm shock for now, just to get an idea of the rake on it.
Finally starting to look abit like a bike, bearings have not arrived yet, dunno whats going on??

haha, its all dirty! na cheers dude, i'll be spraying the plastics soon, try and get a nice carbon finish. should look nice :)
Bearings still have not arrived, cant get onto the seller.....sick of getting ripped off.

thats f*cked mate, hope you resolve your issues with seller and he comes through with the goods. the carbon look will be tops, been contemplating doing the same on my agb/atomik perimeter frame

yeah, it was a bit of an annoyance. i cant contact him because i dont have internet at home yet, skymesh (my internet supplier) has stuffed me around. so i cant order anymore iether.:faint:

Im looking foward to your agb perimetre build, they look great those style frames :)

Speak to Coolmodee01 man. Works at a bearing joint in vic and could hook you up.

yeah i feel ya, we went through the same sh@t with dodo..... will be a couple of months before i start it properly, got to wait for funds, playing father christmas ruined my bank account lol

Latest posts

Back