can i wire up a tacho?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where do you find the tacho pick up line if your bike doesnt have a tacho when stock on an atomik nitrous 140cc

HOW TO SET A TACHO FOR 110 and up motors!!!

WHY NOT USE TINYTACH'S THEY MAKE TACHO'S ESPECALLY FOR 1CYL MOTORS!!! THEY HAVE THEIR OWN POWER SOURCE AND EVRYTHING ALL U HAVE TO DO IS HOOK THE COIL WIRE & THE GROUND WIRE UP ITS SO SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE AOUT 50$ AND LAST ABOUT 5+YEARS AND THATS THEIR GARRENTEE SO HAVE A LOOK

OR U CAN TRY THIS!

okay, i have a 110 kick start, got it off a mate, it has a wiring harness coming off it, its a whole bunch of things, kill switch, fuse,starting buttion and a few other things, if its anything like mine u can get power without a battery! yes thats rightm U CAN how its done

there is a cord marked "fuse" (its red with yellow line) thats ur positive right there, as for ground u can put it somewhere on the frame/motor.

then obviosly u should be able to take it from there, (hooking up the wires onto the coil) i know this works because i am running 12V neons on mine and they havnt blown (in neutral revving the S**T out of it and once it got to 11.43 VOLTS is stopped giving power, so ur not going to blow your 12 volt gauge, (use a multimmeter to be sure)

i hope my first ever post helped haha, problyu not as this post is so old.

WHY NOT USE TINYTACH'S THEY MAKE TACHO'S ESPECALLY FOR 1CYL MOTORS!!! THEY HAVE THEIR OWN POWER SOURCE AND EVRYTHING ALL U HAVE TO DO IS HOOK THE COIL WIRE & THE GROUND WIRE UP ITS SO SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE AOUT 50$ AND LAST ABOUT 5+YEARS AND THATS THEIR GARRENTEE SO HAVE A LOOK

Hi dime_megga
Where do you get TINYTACH'S?
Do you have a link for them?
Are they on ebay?

yeah i want a needle just looks so much sicker! if anyone knows where to get a 1 cylinder tacho let us know!

Dabomb do you mind sharing where you got yours and how much?

can someone give me instructions on how to connect a tacho to my 2009 atomik motox 125cc

after hours of searching I found one, pretty cheap too
Motorcycle, Motorbike REV Meter Gauge 52mm - eBay Other Performance Parts, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 26-Oct-09 06:00:37 AEDST)

here it is on the bike:
img0470q.jpg

hmmmm looks cool i wanna 1 ,, how long did it take to get here ,, is it robust ,, will it look good on my monkey , what mounts do they giv

does it vibrate much so the needle moves about

took about a week to get here. The quality really surprised me considering the price, but the plastic cup looks like crap and is more suited to a car. it has bolt mounts on the back but as you can see I've used 2 hose clamps to fit it to my bars, obviously this won't cut it for the Z so you're gonna have to put your thinking cap on to make up a nice mount for it, I'm sure you could buy a cup from a harley dealer or something.
It has 7 backlight colours that you can toggle between, and the needle light can be set to come on with the headlights.

overall it's a good product at a good price, mounting is up to you, like I said I searched for hours to find this thing and this is the only one I found that wouldn't set me back 100's of dollars.

I haven't noticed any needle shake but it's only new and been on 1 test ride.
pretty useless on a dirt bike but for a road bike it's a must have

it has a nice finish to it but it's dirty in this pic
img0474.jpg

the POS cup
img0473av.jpg

lights off
img0476vj.jpg

lights on
img0479td.jpg

shit forgot to ask how big in size is it so how round and how long

oh and dont forget the winne blues

Latest posts