Carltons Custom 155z crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so done a few things today,

ordered an OKO 30mm(kudos Hillz) should open the bike up bit especially up top.

My near new Pitster Pro rear brake fell apart, wasted hours on the piece of junk, so I resorted to belting it with a hammer, turfing it and buying a new GPX rear brake system. I'm just over cheap China crap :(

got rid of most of the crap bits, but next on the cards is definitely a jap bike.

were you using the aerosol spay oil in your filter? i have been told the propellent in the castrol one eats the glue and the filter... i have a oil recommended by uni filter and my uni's have fallen apart..but before i went to uni's i used to use the spray and was goin through filters every 3 rides...

I am using some Motul Air filter oil spray. Filter was gently cleaned after the ride using only warm water and soap.

^^^ would be appreciated man, I'm gonna reseal the filter and have another go with oil. Might try what your using or go the stocking setup like DHZ_outlaw

close up of the label
P5070104.jpg

he
P5070106.jpg
re is what the bottle looks like

Thumbs up ^^^ thats what i run, jam the filter in a plastic bag then cover it in this stuff, then massage until you see the oil "bleed" out of the foam when squeezed, then sit in the sun for an hr or so, and bob's ur uncle (or possibly aunty????) P.S on sat checked my carby (float bowl) for any signs of dirt (normally i just rip the filter off and clean it) and not a spec in sight ;)

So you lads reckon ditch the spray idea? I'n the past Ive sprayed a tonne in a plastic bag and massaged it through the filter? works similar?

worth a try, iv'e ridden some pretty dusty stuff of late (being summer) and the fact i don't have any dirt in the carby has to be a good thing, right? can't hurt to try, iv'e never tried the spray stuff b4 so i can't compare the 2....

just tip this into the inside of the filter then put it in a bag.. the massage as tim said... i just used an old container and poured it into the filter and rubbed it in... it water proofs your hands for a while even if you wash em lol... p.s kept my oko squeaky clean too...

Ok lads, lil update on the bike, pics this time too, got an OKO 30mm from Hillz and am rocking 38, 102 jet setup atm. Will see how that goes, I also bought a GPX rear brake system, after the Pitster one fell to bits:

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

Oh and proof that I have no spare time, barely ride :(
IMG_1413.jpg

^^^ haha lol, you chose well, glad I got them extra jets cuz stock was 39, 139 lol

Good question, I think its a guard to prevent damage from things hitting it, not that its in a precarious place lol

They have them on all big bikes. It's to protect the caliper.

Mine snapped like first or 2nd ride I ever had on it. lol

have to let us know how the brakes go. I'm still pretty happy with the stock ones on mine, as long as they lock the back consistently (which they do) I'm happy, but keen to know if you notice a difference. Also I reckon Hillz was the only one with the right answer :p Better hold on now Carlts or the powerband might spit ya LOL

Spent a good 9 hours on my Saturday, cleaning and rebuilding my bike to OCD standards lol. Took the time to replace all wheel bearings with good quality ones, even though originals had only 10 hours on em lol. Changed fork oil to some legit SAE 5 fork oil, making them a ton lighter than the engine oil in them lol. Also changed the oil again since my previous 3 hours ago.

Bike is in ship shape, but I managed to make the back brake fall apart so will be buying a set of GPX rear brakes now and 4 dust seals for the wheel bearings!

55F19FB9.jpg

what part number are the repco bearings? i need to get myself a set!

Latest posts

Back