Carltons Custom 155z crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol - calm it guys ;)

you want stats, here they are:

3 Rides (Warwick, Kenilworth MX, QLD Moto Park)

- 3 Washes ( after each ride (Hosed, de-greased, scrubbed) )
- 1 Complete teardown (after third ride, re-greased, loctited )

Oh and proof its been well and truly dirty, a snapshot from my gopro footage from the weekend (oh and yes footage will be here soon, just trying to get comfy with Adobe Premiere):

MXpark.png

wow! where can i get some leavers like that?

Hey man,

They are just some CNC billet levers, got em off Mattbombers, but you can also get them off eBay and some dedicated sites.

Did take a bit off modding to fit on the GPX front brake system.

Carlton

wow! where can i get some leavers like that?

Hey man,

They are just some CNC billet levers, got em off Mattbombers, but you can also get them off eBay and some dedicated sites.

Did take a bit off modding to fit on the GPX front brake system.

Carlton

They actually started there life on my motard build, before heading north to Bombers place. You can get them from Big50's

Big 50 Race and Retro Parts

Akunar also sell them.

http://www.akunar.com/MOTORCYCLE_BRAKES.htm

1270720573.jpg

Last edited:
are they easier to use than stock ones? i sometimes get arm pump with my dhz dpro 160 stock ones

hey Carlts, little advise. turn your air cleaner so it is pointing down. pointing up can direct water straight in the carb.

but man she's come along nicely.. keen to see some footage too

hey carlts is that the v2 head on it or stock z160ho head?

Hey Guys,

@Sean, cheers heaps for the advise. Never thought of the water business, spose its lucky I only just turned it after this clean. As for footage its coming, but I'm still editing and trying to figure out Adobe Premiere.

@Hock, Hey man, I find the levers alot comfier than stock and provide awesome leverage.

As for the engine it has a 178cc Big Bore kit and a v2 Race head on it. See the comparison:

Stock:

SDC10070.jpg

Modded:

IMG_0321.jpg

Brilliant, thanks for getting the video working Wayne!!

Upload is of the new Moto Park in Wyaralong, QLD, had a crack at some MX tracks and the senior Enduro track. Enjoy and I welcome any constructive criticism in terms of filming, editing and riding style ;)

You need more seat time on that bike, once you have a good 20hrs on it you'll be more at home and willing to push harder... we ride faster on our 10x10 honda's ...

Not sure which rider you are but the rider in the shoots isnt putting his outside knee on the tank going around corners

Maybe look at getting a gopro chest mount aswell, its a good view better than the helmet in some cases.

Hey eich, Im the one in front of the camera in the junior mx track and in the others Im wearing the GoPro.
I will admit I was riding a bit timidly, here's a few excuses:

-First ride with the bore kit and V2 head so I was trying to run it in, plus had dramas tuning, turned out the bike was running way too lean until about half way through the day when I adjusted the carbies needle position.
-Found it hard to get a good rythym on the mX tracks compared to say Kenilworth as they were quite steep with sharp unbanked corners. The fact they only let us on after the watered (aka flooded the tracks) made it a bit difficult to corner confidently.

But in all I had a blast and yeah speed will come with practice, just gotta keep hitting the tracks up. Yeah I will invest in a chest mount too man, cheers for the feedback!

Lookin good mate, great to finally see some footage :) An like what's been said before speed/skills comes with experience, Look at me been riding for round 30yrs an i still can't ride... Watch my vid and watch me land the first jump crossed up :) Anyway good stuff, lookin forward to more vids.

Hey guys,

Just a quick question for yas, I've taken the current cam outta my bike and compared it with my spare. One is a s25 and the other is a s35, but I have no clue which is which. Both seem to have the same length lobes, but one has wider lobes making it have longer duration. So does the longer duration match the s35 and favour the topend, or do I have it back the front, cheers guys

Hey Carlts,
Sorry I cant help you with the cam issue, but I finally got to see the vid of you riding at Qld moto park. Had been looking forward to that. What did you think to the tracks? I know you said that you didnt like them after they had been watered, but from that footage, the tracks looked sick. No jumps which was a bit gay, but very smooth, and some pretty good dirt off the main line which had got very slick. As for some advice with your riding, it looked to me like you just needed to try and carry some more momentum. Get off that main line if you have to and twist that throttle. Make sure that you are looking ahead, and try and take lines that offer good traction and flow around the track. You have got a motor that makes good HP, you may as well use it!!

Where abouts in SE QLD are you based?? Do you live in Brissy??

Latest posts

Back