Carltons Custom 155z crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

just a quick post with some questions to annoy ya's sorry:

1. Do I need any special tools for installing a v2 head, big bore kit and HD clutch springs (i.e. torque wrench, oil sling remover, lubricant???)
2. DO any of the bolts in the engine or cases need to be torqued to a specific torque.
3. Do I need to lubricate any of the bits before installing?
4. Is there anything I should know before I attempt this piece together :D

Your help is greatly appreciated guys. btw its a GPX 155z for those who are wondering.

Carlton

only special tool you could use is the torque wrench and a oil can

head bolts should be torqued to about 10 - 14 foot lbs

when assembling the head give the cam and rockers a good coating of oil. help with initial startup

also oil the piston, wrist pin and bore when assembling it..

im guessing you bought new rocker and cam covers!! as they are different to the zonger ones..

clutch springs should be a straight fit, do one at a time.. dont forget a new clutch cover gasket and clean the oil strainer out while you have it apart..

Cheers Sean,

Sorry for stealing your piccy Terry, but do the bolts pictured holding the clutch springs need to be done to a certain torque?
July152009015.jpg

So your saying I'll need this kit Sean?
Engine Gasket Kit, GPX YX 150cc 160cc PitserPro 155Z engines

Cheers mate

No worries, my pics aren't sacred;) I'll send a clutch gasket. 64mm kit comes with the top end set. Clutch springs need tightened a bit at a time, working back and forth, or it's easy to crack the "clover" piece.

Thanks mate ;)

much appreciated! Looking forward to this rebuild, just hoping I don't kill myself with the added power xD

Carlton

What a day! box of goodies arrived.

SDC10113-1.jpg

But to my dismay looks like damage to the 64mm kit, found the cracked off piece alongside the kit :(

SDC10120.jpg

Im guessing this screws it over :(

Last edited:
Bastids even got it there in decent time. Please photograph the packaging, where the damage is. I'll get another out in short order and take up the damages with the carrier.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bastids even got it there in decent time. Please photograph the packaging, where the damage is. I'll get another out in short order and take up the damages with the carrier.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dude I did not expect such a decent reply!

Do you want all the photos sent to you? SO like a photo of how it was packaged, the box and also the damaged item.

As I said earlier you packaged it to perfection so when I found that damaged it amazed me as to how rough they must be. Everything else is absolutely perfect, you even gave me two sets of head gaskets, cheers man

Also you need me to organize postage of it back to you?

Again much appreciated and thanks for being understanding!

Carlton

Carlton, just hold tight for now. A few pics of the packaging, damage and box area where the damage was, should suffice. It's 10PM here, but I'll get on it in the AM, and let you know what's needed. Either way, you'll get to keep yer wallet closed;)
Pretty rare they bang things up so bad, but it happens. We'll get you on the track.

Carlton, just hold tight for now. A few pics of the packaging, damage and box area where the damage was, should suffice. It's 10PM here, but I'll get on it in the AM, and let you know what's needed. Either way, you'll get to keep yer wallet closed;)
Pretty rare they bang things up so bad, but it happens. We'll get you on the track.

Hey dude,
Its no worries at all, no rush :) My current engine is still together and working so I got a bike to ride regardless. Enjoy your sleep your dude.

I'll chuck a few piccies up in a reply to this thread. Box had no external damage that I could see but I'll include a few of it anyhow

Thanks for understanding man, I feel a huge burden gone!

hopefully they sort you out carlts..

if you get stuck you could clean the bore kit up (remove any sus cracked sections) and still use it. providing the crack isnt bigger than whats photo'ed..

the damage is on the side so the piston skirt doesn't eve run there..

just hope all turns out well..

about how much did your build cost? approximately

Carlton, you drop off the edge??? Been looking for them before/after vids, and cam comparo :)
New cylinder made it there quick. Post office has been completely useless as far as covering the loss, but I had another on hand and if it was a packaging issue, shame on me, any way. If I don't rebox full kits, they're too big for the Flat Rate packaging and end up costing close to double to ship. I still think they opened it and stuffed the re-pack. It was in there the same way I've shipped the same parts, all over the world. Either way, it wasn't YOUR fault, so you got a new one :)

Latest posts

Back