Carltons Custom 155z crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so a bore kit is only like 179 bucks, but its the decomp thats gunna screw me over.

Couldnt I just go a v2 with decomp cam? that wouldnt be more than like 420?

so a bore kit is only like 179 bucks, but its the decomp thats gunna screw me over.

Couldnt I just go a v2 with decomp cam? that wouldnt be more than like 420?

Yep.

V2 decomp would have to be the $200 Tak and $60 adapter. And, you'd add mid to top.

K so if I settle with the bore kit, you recommemd getting a decomp button my stock head then as the cheapest option....

K so if I settle with the bore kit, you recommemd getting a decomp button my stock head then as the cheapest option....

Yep. Either machine the head for a $15 chainsaw button, or get the sparkplug-mounted thingie.

That spark plug mounted thingy sounds like an idea. No machining means happy me lol

Get the cam from Ken. Direct, AW is sketch. Get a billet sling if he still has them, too.

4V YX head is dung. Poor Kitaco copy. V2 slays it. Needs shims for lash adjustment.
I tuned a couple up, and Chad's Mutant thread is one with $1000 in trick parts tossed at it to be worth a crap.

Last edited:
kkk so this....

AUTO DE-COMP RACE CAM DHZ D25 Grind GPX YX 150 160cc

With a 177cc big bore kit and I'm all set then Terry?

for some reason it looks different to my stock heads cam cover?

SDC10070.jpg

Right cam, wrong cover. See if he has a Zonger version. Your PP cover might clear.

Still need the adapter, too.

01-08-0007.jpg

Last edited:
dont think you need the adapter for the chinese decomp cam.. fitted a few straight out the box with no drama's.

also id recommend some heavier valve springs and maybe some port work..

edit..
ok im on the same page now lol... adapter will be needed for the oem taky cam from alexwarehouse..

Last edited:
Bit off topic, just wondering Roughly how much has it cost to build. Im about to sell my 140 atomic and im looking at building a bike.

Dose it work out more expensive in the end?

All up cost me about 2400 to build this bike, however you end up with a bike unlike any other and exactly as you want it to be. Not too mention as Matty mentioned the fun of building it and the amount you learn is incredible.

I do not regret building this bike at all, and if you've got the money, time and patience, I'd totally recommend it dude!.

Hey Guys,

I'm still tonns keen on upping the power and I'm thinking of taking the path Woggy took, i.e. V2 head and 26mm oko.

just wondering Terry, could I go this kit:
Race Head V2 Upgrade Kit - GPX/YX150/160

Plus a fitted Decomp button and be done with (excluding Clutch springs and plates):
TB 150 160 V2 Race Head Decompression Option - TB PARTS

So in short could I just get those two things, bolt on and be done, not having to worry about broken kickers?

Cheers,
Carlton

There's no such thing as "done" with pit bikes:)

Yeah, the V2 will add mid and top power, and cam choice will tailor the power curve. You can get either conventional cam with the V2 for the same cost, and there's a good chance your box would show up with both any way. I take a lot of them out for the Tak decomp.

TB button is nice, but I prefer the no-touch method. But I'm old and forget stuff. $100 more than the button when ordered at the same time as the head. Lower profit margin, so I got no reason to BS ya:lol_hitting:

Kk Terry are you able to send me a price quote on the parts you suggest, Pay went in today so I'll probably order tonight?

Might just go the V2 kit atm, cuz I can always a bore kit later on cant I?
Also If I'm to use my current 26mm OKO (facing backwards) I'll need a new manifld won't I?

Cheers ,
Carlton

Yep, you can add a bore later. You'll need a set of cam and tappet covers, but I have spares. Your manifold will work, but the TB one puts the carb back level, is shorter, smoother and matches the head better.

Thanks Terry,

I just sent you a PM concerning the Tak cam option or the Decomp button option. (Still undecided)

SO list is:

-V2 Head (rings, piston, gaskets)
-Cam & Tappet Covers
-Decomp Button??? or Tak S25 Cam????? (for my decomp)
-optional TB manifold

I think I get it now lol

Let Nothing be done in half measures!!!!

Thanks to Terry for his help with everything!!!

Am in the process of ordering:

-V2 Head with Decomp Button
-TB 184cc (177cc) Big Bore Kit
-TB Rear Facing Manifold

Fingers crossed it runs alright on my OKO 26 lol

Latest posts

Back