Carltons Custom 155z crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was just looking at that tdr site carlts im planning on making my own custom too haha :D
how did you get the prices though?? it doesnt show anything except pictures really

cheers mate :)

was just looking at that tdr site carlts im planning on making my own custom too haha :D
how did you get the prices though?? it doesnt show anything except pictures really

cheers mate :)

Hey Mate
You have to contact one of the service people through the alibaba site. Then send them all the parts your after including part numbers and they'll send you back all prices and a postage quote.

Just one thing to keep in mind is that they are a bit sneaky, so thoroughly check each item and ask about various details to make sure you get the right bits.

I was pretty happy with everything I got though, only annoying thing was a chain slider of the wrong colour and triple clamps I had t mod to fit my frame.

As I said in my other reply to you, building a bike is awesome fun and you learn a jeck of alot, but you need patience, time and money.... but if you really want to dont let that deter you.

Regards
Carlton

UPDATE:

Bought a forged kickstart today, after nightmares with the previous alloy piece of junk and other cheap kickers it was the only option. Should be a bit longer too giving a bit more leverage when kicking over the bike (however with the new OKO sh starts like a dream nearly first time everytime)

I am getting the spacers for all the wheels cut to length (kudos to Dad) and will get the rear brake mount made out of alloy.

I'll get some piccies up ASAP as soon as she's all done and hopefully a few videos too :D.

Thanks for all the support, help and advice so far guys

Carlton

DiscSprocket.jpg

Where'd you get the rotors?

Hey Guys,

Bit of a boring update, but I'll do it nonetheless :D

Probably my biggest annoyance in building my entire bike was not having the right tools half the time haha, so I forked out for a semi decent SCA tool box and a sexy Allen key set. SOOO good to finally be able to undo bolts with ease.

SDC10064.jpg

Finally did the valve clearances, reason it took me so long was that the original valve and cam cover bolts had a stupid uncommon imperial size head and were on dog tight. Couldn't get them off until I got the socket set. (Bashies is on as well... finally):

SDC10065.jpg

After doing the valves, I replaced all the valve and cam cover bolts with sexy M6x16 Stainless Steel Socket Head Cap Screws. In the future I will be ale to do the valves with ease:

SDC10070.jpg

Sadly I've only ridden her the once, but now with her all finished, minus a rear brake rod, (Who needs rear brakes anyway lol), I'm gonna take her out all the time. I'll keep ya's all posted, with riding pics as well.

Regards,
Calton

Got it new from a guy off here, Sikko_x2 for like 450

Regards,

Carlton

Just bought a GoPro HD Motorsports and a LCD BacPac to suit. Now all I need is a 32GB memory card and I'm set.

Expect to see some footage soon guys!

Carlton

Got Some Trick parts from Matty and Muzza, cheers Guys:

Nice Billet Levers :D

SDC10109.jpg

SDC10110.jpg

I'm diggin them, nice and solid feeling levers.

Expect some GoPro footage this weekend guys!

i'm going to steal you bike!!!
looks good. i have the same problem, never have the tools when you need them.

i'm going to steal you bike!!!
looks good. i have the same problem, never have the tools when you need them.

Lol I thought I would never get a bike like this, let alone build it. But then lo and behold I landed a job and became reckless with cash haha

And trust me a good tool is a purchase you wont regret

i'd like a bike like this, the build experiance would be great.
mmmm thinking about a tool kit.
but i don't have a job and deffiantly don't have the money lol
better start saving.

Hey Guys,

Had the best ride day up at Kennilworth on the weekend :).
Track was amazing and the bike felt great on the jumps, berms and whatever else I could throw at it.

Im digging the 155z but I really wouldn't mind some more power especially low down as I was getting smoked by the 2 bangers (I dont mind getting beat, but I reckon I wouldn't mind being more of a competition)

So basic questions are:

Will a V2 head give sufficient power gain?
What piston and cam will I need?
Should I get a bore kit?
New carby (im running an oko 26 atm)?
I'll need HD cluctch springs and tougher plates right?
(Will this make the clutch lever stiffer? cuz I got some serious arm pump running it stock)
What sorta decomp option should I go?
Will my current exhaust fit?

What sorta price am I looking to be paying?

Cheers guys, looking forward to your opinions and help
Carlton

Last edited:
V2 on a z155 will give a good performance increase..
cams is your choice.. s25 keeps power low, s35 raises it and your rpm's.
for power and some reliability s25 would be good but if you think you will more than likely add a bore kit later on then go the s35.

if going for just the V2 order the package deal as it comes with the tb piston. more comp and the correct valve reliefs..

clutch upgrade is your choice, springs being the first to change. it will make the lever a little harder but not much.. iv never had problems with plates but you will get massive problems with the rubber dampeners within the clutch basket. but this happens regardless if its stock or V2'ed..

decomp is always better to be had in the cam but you pay for it lol... if moneys tight just go for the button option upgrade on the V2 kit

so you will need
Classic Honda 50's Australia - TB 150 160 Race Head V2 Upgrade Kit - GPX-YX150-160 [TBW9028]
with Classic Honda 50's Australia - TB 150 160 V2 Race Head Decompression Option [TBW0593]

if you decide to go clutch springs at the same time Classic Honda 50's Australia - TB Billet Clutch or Stock Clutch - HD Springs - YX-Jailing-Lifan [TBW0538]

you will need a cam and rocker cover kit too Classic Honda 50's Australia - TB Parts Red Billet Cover Set

and if you want the bore kit Classic Honda 50's Australia - TB 184cc Big Bore Kit - GPX-YX160 [TBW9042] and just order the head without piston and gaskets Classic Honda 50's Australia - TB 150 160 Race Head V2 Upgrade Kit - GPX-YX150-160 [TBW9017]

hope i haven't confused you lol

kk, I will have a chat to the one and only GDFP then....

So will V2 head increase down low power? and will a 184cc kit increase all round?

Latest posts

Back