Carltons Custom 155z crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. Well today I took the bike out and after a blocked jet, faulty kill switch wiring, rubbish kick start gear and 2 and a half hours the bike was ready to run. The engine runs beautifully and carby is awesome. Only problems encountered were a sticking throttle, and slightly stiff forks, other than that after a bit of tweaking the bike will be sweet. Soo good to finally ride!!!

Anyway heres the pics lads!!!!

CRF70build.jpg

JustChillin.jpg

Testing.jpg

RideDay.jpg

readytorace.jpg

Carlts... did ya end up going out to where you said you were going?

if so then wat was it like and give me a yell next time ya going. maybe we could get a few of us together and head up...
is there a mx track there?

Hey Sean. Yeah went out to the track at the place past Warwick. Only 15 bucks per bike. Was really good, some of thew tracks are a bit rocky but there some that are smoother for the minis... like the one pictured. Nice place and you should defs check it out!!!
cnd cheers for the feedback guys
Carlton

Thganks for the feedback Woggy!! bike starts and runs like a dream with the OKO 26mm installed a major improvement to the Molkt.

Somethings Im yet to do is:

change fork oil to soften the forks
lubricate carby slide to stop throttle sticking
attach bash plate and rear brake
Hit the jumps!!!

will keep yous psted and any constructive feedback is welcome

Yeah MF I could try that just not sure if I like the feel of fat bars. Might go to a bike shop and check em out mate and I agree it would look pretty nice

Made up a rear brake bracket.... took awhile but fits really nicely if I may say soo. Edges are a bit dodgey but this is just to be used as template for a stainless steel one I'm gonna make.... enjoy

SDC10001.jpg

nice work mate... custom fab is always a good touch..

and as for the fat bars.. i was a bit sus on using em before hand too but i gotta say it makes it feel a whole lot better.. more weight over the front stop the front wheel from washing out

Cheers Sean.

Just bought some 5W oil for the forks... so will be re-oiling the forks tonight... Piccies of progress will be up later tonight.

load_img.php

Already done lol. Been told too put to put in 205ml by hman... he services dnm's so Ill see how it turns out... But Ill check how much I get out too just to be sure :)

oil levels can change with rider weight.. its suspension tuning.. while 205ml's may be close it may not be 100% good for you,, but it also could be..

be sure to measure just in case, so you have a fall back height..

FORK OIL CHANGE:

Forks off:
Forksoff.jpg

FOrks.jpg

Taking the forks apart:

ForksSprings.jpg

Old Oil... round about 210ml :

Forkoil.jpg

Changed the oil to 205ml of 5W oil... After putting it all back together I noticed no difference :(... forks were stiff and occasionally got stuck...

Then after a moments genius I took the front axle off and removed the right hand spacer just on a hunch... Turns out the spacer was slightly too long and was skewing the right fork leg oh so slightly causing the forks to compress on an angle making them stiff and sometimes stick...

So having removed the spacer the forks are awesome.... :) :) Will get the spacer shortened a bit on a lathe but I am sooo happy... probably changed the oil for no reason but I don't mind at least I now know theres good quality oil in them now that wont dodge the forks because of moisture....

nah you would of needed to change the oil, there way too stiff standard..

just to let you know tho, you didn't have to pull them apart to do the oil..

undo the top cap, tip the oil out then pump them to get any remaining oil out then fill them..
literally took me 30 minutes to do mine.

and im guessing the spacer issue is because your using a different wheel..

lol I didnt have to pull them apart... haha wow im a rookie lo. but yeah im kinda glad i did anyway as I now know how the shocks work and taught myself a few things. But I will remember that for next time haha Thanks

Latest posts

Back