Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn dude, do a vid of your timing, i gotta see this, It will help me understand. And your sure the piston was up the top?

poke a screw driver through the spark plug hole to feel if the piston is at the top but don't turn it over with the screw drive in the hole unless your really careful cause it can damage the thread in the hole. If your piston is at the top and the timing is off like you said and one valve is open then something if wrong!

Just tried doing valves again and it worked! I got 10x more compression then when it worked before, and it starts 1st kick, also less of a rattling sound in the engine. :)

Your the man lad, good stuff. But what about the timing???

I just kept moving the fly wheel until it lined up and it stopped moving the rocker arms then i adjusted the valves.

What jets should i put in my 30mm mikuni?, i got 20,100 in now but i think the pilots too lean, i have got a stock 155z.

I ran those jets for years in my 155z when i had the mikuni 30mm, if anything id go up to a 105 main, but then again a 22.5 pilot would be fine if you think its running to lean, in saying its running to lean what setting is the slide needle on, you can take it to the bottom to richen the mixture up.

i am thinking of getting the tb piston to fix the oil burning problem. If i get it what will be involved in installing it?, do i need to hone the cylinder or do any work to it or does it just go straight in?

Last edited:
The bore is currently 60mm, when i hone it will the 60mm tb piston still fit or will i have to get a larger piston? Also are 1-1/8 bars better than 7/8 bars, what are the pros and cons of each?

Last edited:
The bore is currently 60mm, when i hone it will the 60mm tb piston still fit or will i have to get a larger piston? Also are 1-1/8 bars better than 7/8 bars, what are the pros and cons of each?

a hone is like sandpapering the bore, takes a little off to take out any imperfections (assuming you dont spend 10 minutes constantly honing the poor thing) so if it was 60mm it may be a tiny bit larger like a couple of thou but not enough to go up a piston size

How do you know if you have the newer version 155z with the "better gear ratios" and upgraded clutch?

Last edited:

for what its worth get the kit from dhz for $109 it gives you the correct jetting the rubber manifold adapter and the right size throttle cable and filter to suit ...

If you buy the one of ebay and then re-jet it buy the rubber manifold and right size cable and filter its gonna cost you the same if not more and more buggering around for all the extra bits and pieces plus shipping costs to get it all separately save your self the heartache mate ...the price dhz have on that kit is the best price you'll get

yeh the 26mm will work fine on a stock 155z i run it on mine and it works a treat

If your clutch cover is one complete cover it's the older style with an oil slinger and no filter, if you have a separate clutch cover and a separate oil filter cover in front of it is has a 6 plate clutch as opposed to a 5, as for the different ratios I don't think anything is different from the 155z to the 160ho apart from the 16mm Kickstart shaft and casings, well anti kickback pin in the head also, I've had both the new and older version and the older version motor was a screamer where as the newer style seems that little bit down on power pre v2 installation. But not all the same motors would be the same power wise, you would get so many different power readings if dynoed.

Latest posts

Back