Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what order they go in ect, the problem is that its too tight in the bottom knotch so I can only fit 2 rings. Also can I use the gasket silicone stuff instead of gaskets?

Ok the wavy oil ring has to go in first then the thin ones on either side and they hold the wavy one in place.

No not as your base/head gasket as the piston needs to clear the head,or Intake gasket as fuel will breakdown the silicone.

Can I cut out gaskets from gasket paper?
And the silicone is oil and fuel resistant does that make it alright?

Last edited:
Which gaskets?
base gasket and head gasket need to be a certain thickness to allow adequate clearance of piston/valves so no order proper gasket set for your Barrel/head.

intake gaskets can be cut out of paper so can case gaskets and cam cover gaskets

Okay so i bought a hone and honed my cylinder but its still got a few minor scratches that aren't coming out but i don't think they'll be a problem, i ordered a piston ring compressor and a set of gaskets. Can i put the engine back together with the piston in the barrel or do i have to connect it to the rod then put it through the barrel?

put it on the rod first then slide the barrell over it. Howd you go with the rings? I assume you got them on? Also good work on the hone :) Just be careful of those scratches that don't come out, maybe post a pic for us to have a squiz at.

They're not deep at all, i can barely feel them when i slide my finger over them. I managed to get all the rings in the bottom knotch but one of the thin rings comes out way more than the other but i think the ring compressor will fix that.
UPDATE:
Was bored and decided to play around with the piston and try get the rings on and they slide straight on without any resistance whatsoever. :)

Last edited:
i think for that sort of money i'd be buying a brand name muffler/pipe from the US.

I'm going to put my engine back together today, when i put the cam sprocket back on i have to set it to TDC using the magneto then line the sprocket line with the casting in the head. Is this how it is done?

yeah, make sure it is at TDC,
the cam gears' dot should be lined up with the mark at 9 o'clock in the head

Hi guys, i've put my bike back together with the TB hi-comp piston and i am having problems with bogging at about 3/4 throttle, i have removed the inlet manifold gasket but still have the rubber seal and it seems like a tight seal so i don't think that is the problem, also my valves are set at .3 and .4.

Could be a carb issue. After any engine mods you nearly always need to adjust your jets or clip on the needle.

^ me too,

Probably just a tuning issue though, there are a few threads on here which talk about tuning, if you wanna check that intake manifold if its leaking the get some start ya barsted or something similar (a flamable aerosol) and spay it around the inlet while the bike is idling. If the revs change at all then there is a leak.

I went up 10 sizes in main jet to 107.5 and lowered the needle one clip. That's on a 26mm carb.

Latest posts

Back