Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you are ordering the OKO from DHZ, they might even fit the jets for you, so it's all ready to go

i have read in a few other posts here,
if you tell them what mods are done to your motor/bike etc, they'll advise on what jets they'd recomend, and fit them for you

In what order do the tb piston rings go in?
y4y6e8u6.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Just split the rings and there's two of the left and middle ring. Do i need to hone the cylinder?, what tools would i need for that?

Last edited:
have a look here, it may help you a little?
http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/38060-installing-v2-184cc-kit-auto-decomp-yx-engine.html
also with your rings the 2 smallest and 1 wavy rings sit in the bottom channel, then the darker of the 2 rings left goes in the middle then the last one in the top. Skip to #11 (in the above link)for a more detailed write up.

As for honing, not a bad idea if replacing the piston. You will need a honing tool
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cylinder...UK_Measuring_Tools_Levels&hash=item1c2e3c2c15
or take the barrell to the local bike shop.

Last edited:
Is honing necessary?, also in the bottom channel what order do the 3 rings go in? Thanks for the help :)

with the oil rings(2 thin and 1 wavy) you put a thin one either side of the wavy one in the bottom groove.

As for honing it is necessary if you want the new rings to bed in to the cylinder properly

How much does it cost to get it honed?, can it be honed with sandpaper?

Last edited:
Couldn't tell you a price really but as a guess $50, i hone my own cylinders, You can get the honing tools from most auto parts stores and you just put it in a drill.

You can do a dodgy hone with sandpaper but you won't be doing it evenly.

When i set the engine to TDC then go to undo the cam sprocket bolts The engine just turns over and i cannot undo the bolts, how can i stop this?

Thanks, im past that stage and I've got the piston out and I'm having trouble getting the bottom rings on can someone give me tips.

put the bottom ones on first. Install from the top and go from one groove to the next till you get them in the right groove. Be patient and gentle as rings are easy to snap if too much force is used.

Thanks, im past that stage and I've got the piston out and I'm having trouble getting the bottom rings on can someone give me tips.

Have a look at my previous post....In particular the part that related to the #11 in my build thread. I'm not doin all the work for ya :boink:

Latest posts

Back