J3NNINGS's z160 perimeter build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont know where they would be for sale in australia. your best bet would be to look in the classified ads here on the forum.

Hey Phillip_1337 wered you get the same frame?

Hey Jennings, just had a look at your brake setup, when I was doing mine I was concerned that in the case of a crash the pedal would push up into the kickstarter and cause damage to the engine, so I made sure I left plenty of clearance and that it would bump out on something solid first, it looks like yours is in contact with the kickstarter shaft, maybe a rethink is needed before any damage is done, looks great otherwise, did you have to chop the exhaust down a little, I did and was peaking about cutting too much off seeing they are rare as hens teeth.

Hey Jennings, just had a look at your brake setup, when I was doing mine I was concerned that in the case of a crash the pedal would push up into the kickstarter and cause damage to the engine, so I made sure I left plenty of clearance and that it would bump out on something solid first, it looks like yours is in contact with the kickstarter shaft, maybe a rethink is needed before any damage is done, looks great otherwise, did you have to chop the exhaust down a little, I did and was peaking about cutting too much off seeing they are rare as hens teeth.

yes fused, the pedal touches the kick start shaft. im going to sort it out one day. the exhaust fitted pretty much perfect apart from grinding a tiny bit of the frame to clear the rear shock a bit better. i didn't wont to chop it down if it was too long cuz if i stuffed it up for whatever reason, i reckon it would be difficult to find that exhaust again for the price i got it for.

Last edited:
How did you get the clutch to not hit the mount?

Hi all, long time no post. Since i hardly ever ride this bike and ive got a 87' kx 125 to restore, i think i might get rid of it:(.

Im just looking for some intrest in it so if you are keen please reply.

If i get enough intrest i throw up an ad.

(I've also got a heap of parts and a sort of working Atomik motox 125 to throw in)

cheers, Brad....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back