Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've got some bad news... The crank seems to be knackered.... I've gotta go and get an impact screwdriver to remove the stator plate and have a look at the damage....

The kid that sold the motor to Loco as a fully running motor will be getting a visit. ;)

What happened?

sucks to say it but this crank might be a throw away job, it might be cracked for all i know... the motor cost me 300, then the shift shaft and seals was 80 then craig's amazing head work was around 160 and 10 bucks for the rockers so you do the math... thats 550 bucks on this engine and it still isnt running... what a shame
after work tomorrow i'll get some pics

You should just push this bike around. Would be easier. lol. ;)

I got lot's of top end stuff for a YX160 but nothing bottom end.

if you can hold off buying a crankshaft, and fixing your l/h cover i might be able to find some good used ones for you ?
i'd need a couple of days though, today was my first day out since doing my ribs, and it was a bit painful driving.

Damian, i reckon you might be lucky ?
i've found some bits that would suit your engine.

If they'll fit, would you consider a good used Z155Ho crank and rod assembly ?
the 155's have a 55mm stroke instead of a 57mm, and will just mean you will drop 5cc, so it'll be a YX / 155 Hybrid.
I will do some comparison measurement's this arvo just to make sure it'll work.
i have a good used l/h case here too now.

also the other day i found a few spare rockers in my shed.
i compared the 2 different ones that i reckon you have now, and there might be a problem ?
i will get some pics to show you what the difference is and post them up here.

Im definitely set on a 57mm stroke that's one of the reasons I went for the yx, I'm taking the l/h case into an engineering firm tomorrow to get them to weld the crack, yeah I'm gunna splash the cash for a new crank from ooracing, thanks for the offer tho! Really appreciate the help I've had so far!! :)

Ok,
i have read somewhere on a Planetminis that the OORacing 160 57mm crank doesn't fit the YX160 without machining something ?
might pay to do some research first with that.

the good used L/H case i have, if you want it, you can have for $25 plus post

Back