Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want acceleration off the line/ out of corners, go for a large sprocket on the rear and a small on the front, But at the same time this lowers your top speed. If you want more top speed, just do the opposite, but keep in mind that'll lower acceleration, but if you end up going the way you go engine wise, I'm sure it'll have plenty of acceleration anyway ;)

I ran 14/41 on my 125, and soon changed the 14 out for a 17, still has plenty of acceleration, but plenty of top speed still.

Yup I reckon Blender is right. My 190 tops out within a few seconds and i can barley get 70kms out of it.

Yup I reckon Blender is right. My 190 tops out within a few seconds and i can barley get 70kms out of it.
17 front 36 rear will fix that ;) my 190 has buckets of top end and still all the punch you could need on with that set up and the rpm limit set two levels up from stock. got me doing between 120 and 130, hard to be accurate from a car speedo ;)

BOLTS ARE EXPENSIVE!!! lol got a 40mm DIA x100mm long peice of brass to machine up on the lathe at school...
30 bucks!!!!
50 bucks for some fancy coloured bolts... wow

now... got some goodies in the mail! but......... im thinking either 90 degrees from the valve i drill a 6mm hole for these suckers any ideas?
IMG_20140721_194450_zpsohho5fwv.jpg

Last edited:
Yep thats it mate.
Or opposite the valve. up to you
But make sure you use a drill press and center the hole.

they normally need an 8mm hole ?
and placing it at 90°to the valve is ok too, it cause's less hassles trying to get tyres off or on.

with bigger wheel's i'd do it opposite the valve..

i have always just drilled the hole without supporting the rim,
use a sharp 1/8th drill bit, slower drill speed minimal pressure, and the bit will do all the work.
then go up to an 8.5mm bit and do the same.
and finish it off with a fine file to deburr it, and a dab of clear to seal the anodising

Latest posts

Back