Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You took a grinder to the fork lugs ??? :confused-smiley-014:confused-smiley-014

Ahh yeah, I just wanted to see what it'd personally...
But I'll try with a 42 and see what it does... It's really close... I know that much... Haha cheers Craig!
Yeah swapper mx, I did attack my fork feet with a grinder! Grinding down the spacers on an angle isn't my thing!
It's much straighter now! Not speaking ill of anyone, but probably the reason why they were taken off in the first place...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you take the air filter off,
look at the gap under the slide, anything more than 4mm and it'll be idling off both the Pilot and Main jet's

ahh its good to back here and on miniriders, i've been working nonstop and basically wanted to do nothing once get home after work, because i'm slack! hahah
So my bike has been sitting in a particular shop for 2 months now... due to being slack.. ahah
Ive found out that front axle was bent, and the head gasket has a major leak, so the plan of attack is to ditch the 4v, i'm getting over it, very fast! might be time to pick up a tb v2 head and a 60mm high comp piston... more money he said, it'd be fun he said,
Ive also gotta make up a new mount for the crf110 tank, unless it's a straight bolt on, but i doubt it!
but yeah MM, i didn't end up riding as my chain was dead, which i'm unsure how it has happened so fast, so ill be getting a rear sprocket and chain for it again in time!
I'll also be putting new tires on it, i reckon im going to go with poorelli's extra j's and see how they perform!
as soon as the bike is back ill take some photos and put them up as soon as possible!
cheers Loco!

its sitting in a box thats hiding away from the world ahahah, iv got some further plans to do on it to squeeze some more horsey's out of it, but that'll require some money later down the track, haah i might be buying your old tb head off zach, do you know if the valve guise were replaced in it when you did the rebuild?

They weren't repaced, and would be pretty worn I reckon, had alot of hours on it that one ;) does it still have the alloy roller rockers in it? Swap ya my forged ones and cash your way lol

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

haaha i dunno about that one stu, well if the guides are worn, i wont be touching it, no offence, im too picky when it comes to building engines haha
ill source a tb head, probabbly pay full price, but ah well you win some you loose some!

Damo, ill come over and we can make some mounts up!

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Lol didnt think you would be interested but I had to ask lol. Why would I be offended anyway, i dont own it anymore, and I sold it dirt cheap to zach anyway..

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Shes still running Stu. Took it out for a ride today . Gave it a kick in the guts and it fired up 2nd kick. Still runs like a champ, although 4th gear slips like mad. But shell be right.

might be time for a shopping spree at dhz this week, hahaha, the bike still isnt home, which is a pain, but i can get some stuff ready in the mean time to further "finishing process" ;) haha
anyone have any chain recommendations? the did 428nz3 i have/had is stretched to the point of no return.....
and im unsure whether i should get another and run a steel rear sprocket, the talon one got damaged and is pretty much fried.... ill be also grabbing a new chain roller as the one i have is proper dead haha

DID nz3 428 is probably the best and strongest chain on the market.
I'd run a steel sprocket, These bikes put out a fair bit of power, if you were to run an alloy sprocket it'd be one of the Supersprox Stealth sprockets, with alloy in the middle and steel on the outside. Either way pitbike sprockets aren't big so the rotating mass is negligible. I run steel sprockets on both of my bikes, they last longer and are normally the same price or cheaper.

So a little update...
Found out I had a head leak.. So attempting to remove the head I found something interesting, ehh
The backside of the cam gear is different and the face of the mounting surface of the cam, is all scratched and damaged, I'm pretty sure it couldn't be mechanical failure, and it's a new motor, 6hrs old to be exact,
a933488c021d35806804b9da56772799.jpg
1915e7a05b1dceb4de7535327af45d15.jpg

Odd hey?

Thats really odd, was the sprocket done up all the way?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

It was, and have a look at this
The gasket was actually stuck to the cylinder, but if scraped any crap off and put a new head gasket on and put three bond on to help with sealing as it will cover any small imperfections, hopefully it runs, new sprocket is on two,

4def7641556c8ee0fc42979e855fdbfd.jpg

I'll give you a buzz tonight trains too ahaha

So I have a fuel tank on its way and hopefully I can get some mounts made up and welded on and this nugg can look like it's not semi retarted with a massive gap between the tank and seat

Little update but you could say its major!
It runs and runs pretty good, just snuffs out at idle, so I've just gotta keep her idle up a bit ,
Other than that, she hooks in the sand, I'll need to dial in the forks abit further, the rear shock is abit bouncy so ill wind off the pre load and slow it down in the rebound, should come up nice, tank should be here tomorrow or today, weeew can't wait

Latest posts

Back