Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike won't even start now :/ Leaks fule from thin tube on carbie but only when I kick it over? If it leaked without kicking I'd say float level... But it's only when I kickin over.

Last edited:
Leaky carby.

Hi guys, carb is leaking from the thin hose at the bottom of mikuni "26" but only when i kick it over ?

Yeah mine used to do that, I never worried about it. :)

Actually come to think of it all my bikes have done it, it's probably just an overflow thing?

Really? Probably has always done it.. Must just be the first time I've notice it :) sounds about right though! Can't start it, so I taught it may be a problem.. Probably just a disconnected wire or somthin idk.. Gona change oil and start it up now., if can start it lol

so what have you set the float level to, how many mm's ?
it should be about 24mm
lift your drain hose up so that it is about level with the top of your carby
now undo the drain screw and let the fuel flow into the hose.
see in the pic below the level of the fuel in the hose, it's about 25mm down from the top of the bowl

Last edited:
Set the float to 22mm because last I heard that's the correct levle, and that's with it on a slight slant, never gone wrong with 22mm, Wil try 24 though. Bike just won't start.. I was glad to see all of those metal shaving from previous post werein the old oil :) alteast I know they aren't in the engine anymore anyway, when I turn the flywheel back and forthe can hear a click in the barrel/ head area.. What could this click be? Dosnt really sound like its getting spark.. Il be checking that soon, And feels like it dosnt have a lot of compression :/ dosnt kick back anymore at allm were as it used to kick back about every 3rd-4th kick (if it didn't start on the first two)

It has spark and fule, but I think I've found the problem. Spark plug hole is threaded :/ happened to me before on a ducar 125 and I couldn't ever get it to go again, well besides once.. But it only went for another 20 minutes. Is there a fix for this? Or ami lookin at a new engine head haha

22mm is a bit high for the float level.
the fuel would be covering the ports in the bottom of the emulsion tube

yeah you can have it helicoiled

Cheers mate il set it to 24mm

Awesome! Will I need to take head off to do that/ have it done?

All I can find on ebayis 14x 1.25 spark plug helicoil kits, is that the one I should get ?

If only I had the nine dollers for postage I'd get that :/ but cheers for the specs I'll try find one I can afford :)

you might be able to find a Champion Thread Insert kit cheaper
most good parts shops sell them, and bearing shops too like CBC etc
the kit looks like this

1championkit10958.png

Cheers il just get one of them when I go t town next, and spend what Iv got on a shock raiser :grinning-smiley-003

Hey mate, Iv baught a helicoil kit m10x1.5 because it was literally the ony kit even close that I could find on the tablelands.. I'm sure it will work, my question is, willi have to take the engine head off to put the helicoil in/ drill, tap ect? Or wil it be okay to just put grease on the tap?

Used one on the old dear 125 that had threaded spark plug hole and it worked sooo good :) apart from metal Shaun's probably in there, just wated to make sureit was gona work before try it mine. Just don't wana take the head off mine because I don't wanna replace any gaskets :/

ok, but the spark plug wont screw into that thread ?

yes the head needs to come off to fit the Helicoil or Thread insert.
there is always alloy shaving that'll get into you bore and wreck your rings, cylinder etc
you won't need to replace the gaskets, they will be fine to reuse unless you tear it

Hexagon_Bolts_And_Nuts.jpg

images

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back