Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
**** I used to goto every DH race without fail rain, hail, sleet or shine. Even after getting out of hospital the day before, I'd still go to get laughed at in a cast and watch the race. Also the two weeks prior to any race I was up there all weekend too, to help track build put in some good expert lines(you build the line you know how to ride it the fastest) The weekend before the race was practice. Saturday before the Sunday race, small praccy just to see how the tracks been changing over the last couple of weeks with lots of riding.

Its hard with this though, last time at Morgan I was screwed if no one turned up......Glad I didnt go up this time I'd be living there now......not through choice either....It ok if Raelene comes with I wouldnt really care as at least I have someone to hang out with. We're having a baby in a month after that, I doubt I'm going to have the time or energy to try and organise people to go for a 'ride'.....especially if this keeps happening with people saying yep then either falling off the face of hte earth or gettign scared off by the weather.....As Blender said, Dirt bikes are supposed to be dirty otherwise they'd just be bikes!

I guess that was also the thing about bmx even over DH. Just chuck the bike in the back head to a park, someone would eventually rock up then you have an awesome random sessions with mates that also just randomly rock up for a ride.....except for crashing 50 times a day it was always good fun!!

[video=youtube;bkQ8kTdsZpE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkQ8kTdsZpE[/video]

**** I used to goto every DH race without fail rain, hail, sleet or shine. Even after getting out of hospital the day before, I'd still go to get laughed at in a cast and watch the race. Also the two weeks prior to any race I was up there all weekend too, to help track build put in some good expert lines(you build the line you know how to ride it the fastest) The weekend before the race was practice. Saturday before the Sunday race, small praccy just to see how the tracks been changing over the last couple of weeks with lots of riding.

Its hard with this though, last time at Morgan I was screwed if no one turned up......Glad I didnt go up this time I'd be living there now......not through choice either....It ok if Raelene comes with I wouldnt really care as at least I have someone to hang out with. We're having a baby in a month after that, I doubt I'm going to have the time or energy to try and organise people to go for a 'ride'.....especially if this keeps happening with people saying yep then either falling off the face of hte earth or gettign scared off by the weather.....As Blender said, Dirt bikes are supposed to be dirty otherwise they'd just be bikes!

so why are you posting here instead of being out and riding then?
even if it is just up at Lynton ?

and it's not helping your cause that you keep whinging about it every where either!

so why are you posting here instead of being out and riding then?
even if it is just up at Lynton ?

and it's not helping your cause that you keep whinging about it every where either!

I can only ride lynton when Justyn is working mate. I also spent hundreds of hours riding by myself on DH bikes, hence why I gave that up for BMX....Ill probably go up to Lynton tomorrow and have a ride as Justyn should be there working :thumbup:

So when is everyone keen for hte next ride then how far off is CJ from being healthy again?? I think Morgan will be alright in two weeks time....or where ever is someone has a better plan than JAMS as you dont need a day licence its just $25....**** or not anywhere else is guna cost us $100 upwards if we ride a proper track thats MA sanctioned. Its morgan otherwise, and its going to be COLD....There is a shed, but really you're going to be out in the elements for a weekend(seeing as a 2hr drive is way more than a day trip).

Eudunda is ok, bit much for the really little bikes though, deep ruts I imagine it doesnt drain to well either as its Clay which holds water and when its soaked it pools....JAMS is sandy, it drains pretty well, apparently there were some big puddles saturday but still very ridable. So this is the reason I think JAMS over anywhere else in this season when its to cold for most to want to come camping in the desert at Morgan, to wet for Eudunda, and to expensive to go anywhere else........I dont care where we go or how much it costs I just want to RIDE not by myself, I need to know what people actually WILL do regardless if its a bit wet or cold, its winter its wet and cold.....Commitment is hte word I am looking for. If you want me to be committed to doing this job, you guys need to commit yourselves to saying YES OR NO and actually sticking to those descisions. Wether its, to cold, to expensive, to far, family stuff, blown up water heaters etc, thats why we have a forum to discuss it...but I dont see why people expect me to keep planning things when it keeps falling apart due to no commitment of the riders in SA to actually come to ride days/weekends!

There Ive said what I need to say, the rest is up to you guys!!!! Ill plan the next one and see what happens if its the same thing im going to stop beating my head on the brick wall and give up! :drum:

I wouldn't bother stoozo. No matter what ya say someone will come back with a smart as comment. Not worth ya time really. Most people on here are all talk

Here ya go Stu, some mates out morgan way yesterday, and they reckon it was the wettest they had seen it since 2010 when they had the flooding.

Thats my old vitara called Burntwood, Apparently still going strong:driver:

got to say, apart from the river, that looks drier than were i am riding these days. better nick than the trails i been riding to...

Don't feel to sorry for him sneazy, he's making its sound as if he is hard done by. :p

got to say, apart from the river, that looks drier than were i am riding these days. better nick than the trails i been riding to...

Yeah I bet! Should get a little cheap go pro mate would be good to see how bad conditions get down there in winter...!!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

You guys are seriously doing my head in.

Organise a weekend for a ride and if it get's rained out try again another weekend.

It's really not rocket science. No point whinging about it. Riding in heavy consistent rain sucks and is not real fun after a bit.

Organise a weekend for a ride and if it get's rained out try again another weekend.

It's really not rocket science. No point whinging about it. Riding in heavy consistent rain sucks and is not real fun after a bit.

Hahahahah heavy consistent rain....in Adelaide??? Lulz. Cant do next weekend cause its Craigs birthday Cj is sick again, the weekend after that is school holidays so the country roads will be crawling with morons, 2 weeks after that Im having a baby....3 ppl were slightly interested this time. Its doing my head in too....dw about that....just not sure when I can organise the next one thats all....This one was like last chance for me for a few months on the 'organising' side. Maybe Chops or Craig can have a crack at the next one.....??

Hey, just wondering stoozo, are you english by any chance?

English? Nah not a pom mate! Scottish and Welsh background, so I'm tight and I'm angry but not short, I also get excited easily....4th Gen aussie. Adelaide hills born and bred, high country Scottish blood..

Last edited:
"easily excited" Quoted for truth!:grinning-smiley-003

Exactly bud, hence why i dont arrange ride or race days anymore lol

Don't forget to travel Down to Vic for the mini sx September 6

quote from page one on this thread. any one keen to go to this event. I would love to attend a vic race meet. preferably one on the Adelaide side of vic. anyone got any info on any or where to find some info

quote from page one on this thread. any one keen to go to this event. I would love to attend a vic race meet. preferably one on the Adelaide side of vic. anyone got any info on any or where to find some info

Yeah mate!!! Did you goto BHS by anychance? Binnion ring a name??.....Ill be going down...thats why im prepping my small bike...race time, should be freaking fun!!! I got room in the ute for 3 bikes gear and 2 ppl! 4 bikes if I get the tow hitch carrier built! I got the lights for the tow hitch carrier it the other day...just a matter of getting it welded together now!!!! Either way Im keen to go, only 6hr drive from Adelaide :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back