Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpspud92

Reaction score
Hey all,
just purchased my 07 expert the other day 1600 second hand. First bike ive ever bought so i dont really know much about bikes. Just asking what would be the best oil to use, the guy at the shop that i bought the bike from recommended using 15w50 full synthetic.

Also how much oil should i put in? How far up the dipstick should it come (it has like 5 little notches?).

Cheers

ya mate that oil you have been recommended will be fine.......if you got a manual with your bike look up how much oil is recommended to put in it....but if you didnt get the manual just fill the bike up to the highest notch and kick it over and let it idle for 3-5min then turn it off and let it sit for 5min then pull out the dipstick wipe it clean then put it back in and then remove it and check where you oil level is....if its down from top notch then top up as required if it is still at top notch your are ready to roll.....also you should change your oil every 3-5 rides or 5-10hrs depending on how hard your riding......hope this all made sence and helped you out

yeah mate bike didnt come with the manual so thats why i was asking
all made sense and helped me out cheers mate

aslo just another quick question
when draining the oil will it matter if there is a little bit left of the old oil like stuck to the inside or is there a way to completely clean the inside out?

aslo just another quick question
when draining the oil will it matter if there is a little bit left of the old oil like stuck to the inside or is there a way to completely clean the inside out?

That's just one reason why I always recommend using the cheapest 20w50 oil you can find because its cheap you can afford to waste a the odd litre to flush out the motor. Also it can be changed more regularly in a cost effective manner. Basically all cheap oils are just big name oils that are re branded to cater to different consumers budgets. I know of some race teams that use home brand Safeway 20w50 oil which is in fact the exact same as the Shell oil but is just re branded and about half the price.

Latest posts

Back