my Atomik Pro X 125. the quick fix/budget build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fair enough, look foward to the updates !

so when do we see the atomik fuse with all its new goodies ?

i still need a new clutch, or minimum clutch basket for the Fuse, and i need to make some room to be able to work on it too.
and i have too many jobs/projects on the go as well.
i still need to pull the PW engine out and swap the clutch in, and check out the rest of the gearbox
Cj is riding it Thursday after school at the South Coast MX Club while i'm helping out at their working bee....
Chappy exhaust has to be painted, and reassembled....
the DS needs a bit more work so i can sell it, both of our cars need work done too
and that's just the beginning of it, lol

That motor is starting to look good. Oh I though you meant you were just going to do the Atomik up the way it was...not steal half the parts off of it for the fuse, makes sense however! Now I understand what you meant by a bodge job...Mayb $350 is more realistic then! You'll still make money...I'll swing passed tomorrow and interrupt all the hard work!!

i still need a new clutch, or minimum clutch basket for the Fuse, and i need to make some room to be able to work on it too.
and i have too many jobs/projects on the go as well.
i still need to pull the PW engine out and swap the clutch in, and check out the rest of the gearbox
Cj is riding it Thursday after school at the South Coast MX Club while i'm helping out at their working bee....
Chappy exhaust has to be painted, and reassembled....
the DS needs a bit more work so i can sell it, both of our cars need work done too
and that's just the beginning of it, lol

yet you still find time to help out people online!

Good on you :)

yet you still find time to help out people online!
Good on you :)
thanks, have you noticed my build threads have quietened down the last few months ?

i've just etch primed the 124cc of Ducar fun, it will be ready for a scuff and paint tomorrow morning now.

can hardly see the joins in the cases now, mmm smooth,

Looking good! We're you running you're compressor that late or what? Does the atomik have a red anodised chain guide on it? Cause I will swap you for a blue or silver one....doesnt really look right now :thumbdown:

DSC_0228.jpg

nah, pressure pack Protec Etch primer.
with the chain guide, i will have a look when the sun is up

i got the engine painted this morning, it's still wet in the pics

i gave the Ignition cover another coat too

and this afternoon i put it back together with the nice clean chrome bolts.
manifold got a quick file/deburr/sand and paint as well, i am going to give the 30mm Mikuni a try too, i only have an old mesh filter for it though.

thanks,
it took a couple of hours to file, rub, prep and paint, and cost about $20 in sandpaper, etch primer and paint
next step is the frame and swinger, they'll be easier with lots of flat areas.
think i will probably end up fitting a Mikuni copy 22/26mm onto it too
i don't really have anywhere i can setup and jet/tune the 30mm, even though it come with it.
the jets were the standard ones, i think the main was a bit big, a #100

thanks,
it took a couple of hours to file, rub, prep and paint, and cost about $20 in sandpaper, etch primer and paint
next step is the frame and swinger, they'll be easier with lots of flat areas.
think i will probably end up fitting a Mikuni copy 22/26mm onto it too
i don't really have anywhere i can setup and jet/tune the 30mm, even though it come with it.
the jets were the standard ones, i think the main was a bit big, a #100

Damn might need to do the same to my brand new Ducar...that looks better and mine is 5hrs old!!

i have just finished sand blasting the Frame, i got all the loose paint, and the surface rust off
now for a quick scuff to blend out any edges, and hit it with some etch primer.
the darker patches are the bare metal spots

the frame got a of coat of zinc rich primer after the etch,
i dried it for a day then i rubbed it back, and have just put a second coat of Titanium Silver on
it is another hard colour to photograph, it's a clean medium metallic with a heap of different fine pearls through it

basically all the light silver dots that look like dust are the pearls.
i can only just spot a red near the top, and a green, red and gold fleck to the left of centre.
but in real life there are flecks every 2-3mm

Last edited:
Is that cheap spray paint or expensive car paint????

Looks good, looks WAY to good for an old atomik!!

This is making me think I need to spray the pit pro frame blue if I'm going to make it look like a mini WR....

Also what plastics does it take, would the TDR plastics work on that frame? Cause I have that spare set laying around :thumbup:

$12 pressure pack Titanium Silver stu.
and nah it uses KLX style plastics

thanks,
yeah so am i
and then it can go to a new owner/home, lol

Latest posts

Back