my Atomik Pro X 125. the quick fix/budget build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mate - where are you up to with this. You've done a great job so far! I hope you get the big bucks for it. Certainly turned an old banger into something great. Well done!

thanks,
i still need to pull down and paint the swingarm, and rear subframe.
then clean up all the bits as i start reassembling it.

but have been playing with the PW50, and another bike at the same time.
so this build has slowed down for the moment.

thanks,
i still need to pull down and paint the swingarm, and rear subframe.
then clean up all the bits as i start reassembling it.

but have been playing with the PW50, and another bike at the same time.
so this build has slowed down for the moment.

Yep looking awesome!!

You can put the bigwheel on the back burner for now, still havn't ordered the engine part....slightly considering buying another 150 for parts. Since well its half the price of a second hand engine to get a new RH crank case. Aussie dollar is coming up quick so if I wait I should be able to get one for under $70.

Did get a chance to talk to the other guy who might be able to weld it up?

The PW is winning too :thumbup:

must have missed a whole heap of this thread and I must say craig you have done a superb job with it. Excellent finish on the engine and that frame looks brand new.

thanks, it's getting there slowly
i have painted up the footpegs and mounts, and the frame brace that mounts between each side of the frame/pegs
swingarm is prepped, but not painted yet
then i just need a seat (motorman)

Looks great craig :)
Didn't know it was possible to get something to look that shiny and new!

thanks,
i think i'll have some spare time to spend on it tomorrow afternoon,
will see what else i can get done

The Compressor is ok (mate has one), and the air line you'll need too, air tools you could sell, or keep for use on your car etc.
just need a basic sand blaster, Supercheap have one for $39 you can probably find one cheaper online ?

they also sell safe home use Soda Blasting media now, it is a little expensive though, 4.5kg for $70
but again, online would be cheaper

Thanks, Dad doesn't think I need it but i've got a week to decide before the special is over...

this is the style of my sandblasting gun-
AIR SAND BLAST GUN KIT BLACK RIDGE - Supercheap Auto Australia

also the sand i use is Drypak Dried Sand for paving joints , i get it from Bunnings for $7 a 20kg bag
the bag ig tan/green coloured, but not in the products list

Wait til I take something to the trophie shop for you! They can take from .001mm upwards :thumbup:

And yes Matt, Craig is good at inspiring ppl to do good work to bikes!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Supercheap are always having specials, the compressors are a once a month thing

Supercheap are always having specials, the compressors are a once a month thing

And if you're a club member and you buy one then its on special within two weeks they'll refund the difference back onto your card! I found out the sell screw extractors for $13 thats next on my tool list!!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back