Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean behind the little gear behind the clutch basket? Where I was asking about shimming it a little?

Yeah, i used one of the brass coloured gearbox shims just to take up some of the slack.
There is still about 1mm, but it feels a lot better. and there is no chance of the gear hitting the kick start gear of the alloy basket touching the crank gear now.

My Z155Ho has hardly any movement there, neither does my Lifan 150.
So i see what you mean now with your Zonger.

So I can shim it out a touch without running into problems? Sweet! I just ordered all the parts to get my ho running again, just need to find a shim narrow enough for the job.

Hey 67 im looking at your engine number 24... and wanting to know if you have a pre or post de comp. Wanting to know for future engine or bike purchases, when Daytona started fitting de comps . My number is 25... with de comp. Trying to pin point what serial number they started at.

mine is 2535568392 and mines the fdx

mine is 2535568392 and mines the fdx

so Nick, with the difference's of the 190F and the 190FDX,
does yours have Anima 190FDX on the top row of the case above the serial number ?

I gave the exhaust a bit of a clean today, i used some new stuff that Autosol has brought out, Metal Life Saver
Supercheap have it on special atm for $25

KITM-AMCK.jpg

it has 5% Hydrochloric acid in it and a lot of other things to remove stains etc.

So far i have cleaned most of it up, and with the first step cleaner, i reckon i'm pretty happy so far.
I have spent 1/2 hour on it cleaning, it still need's to be polished yet.
Being stainless steel i don't have to worry about pitted rust etc, but there are still plenty of stains that are hard to remove.

Before (there are a couple of cleaner spots that i had a go at with some stainless scourer pads first, hard work! )

after

I bought a couple of other parts for it yesterday too, a new rear tube, ODI/Troy Lee Grips and a new chain.
they are all fitted too now.

Last edited:
Yeah it's ok, but too dear for what it is.
I think normal rust convertor and a grey Scotchbrite pad would do the same

Maybe the Polish is a Super Polish, and it will bring it up like a mirror ? lol, doubt it.
Normal Autosol chrome polish is the go.

Here are some more pics of the new grips, (fitted the ASV boots too, to finish them off)
The exhaust is just sitting back on till i polish it.
I also turned the big oil cooler upside down, so it will act like a reservoir now,
i used some longer oil lines for it, and rerouted the lines for a cleaner look with the lines up the top (semi hidden)
With it the other way up the lines hung down too low imo.
You can see i cleaned up the oil filter cap too, and fitted a few more Stainless Mushroom Head bolts here and there.
And the new DID 420nz3 chain is on, the Braaap Pro 190 has 106 links if anyone needs to know.

Last edited:
Yeah it's ok, but too dear for what it is.
I think normal rust convertor and a grey Scotchbrite pad would do the same

Maybe the Polish is a Super Polish, and it will bring it up like a mirror ? lol, doubt it.
Normal Autosol chrome polish is the go.

Here are some more pics of the new grips, (fitted the ASV boots too, to finish them off)
The exhaust is just sitting back on till i polish it.
I also turned the big oil cooler upside down, so it will act like a reservoir now,
i used some longer oil lines for it, and rerouted the lines for a cleaner look with the lines up the top (semi hidden)
With it the other way up the lines hung down too low imo.
You can see i cleaned up the oil filter cap too, and fitted a few more Stainless Mushroom Head bolts here and there.
And the new DID 420nz3 chain is on, the Braaap Pro 190 has 106 links if anyone needs to know.

tip top work mate . The fdx runs a lighting kit (wiring ) and it is stamped fdx on the case.

lm running low with tyre tread and wandering is it worth running other tyres or are the carsbalds good for the pity. l run Pirelli scorpions on all my big bikes so wandering what your thoughts for 190 would be.?

Yeah l might stick to what im used to . Cant wait for my sunday blast. Hope its not to dusty.

You said your's has a lighting coil.
I thought that was just introduced with the latest Daytona 190, the 190FLX ?

Maybe your right . there is extra wiring running off it so l assume . That's not including the rpm wiring & timing wiring.

Next time you have the tank off have a look, there might be a spare square 4 pin socket up there for the regulator/rectifier ?

I just had a quick go with the Metal Life Saver Polish, it does shine better than the original stuff !!
This is 5 minutes work-

Wow that looks like it works really well. I used to use meguires all metal polish on my torana chrome work and that was heaps better than autosol but cost a fortune. This looks like it works Better than the meguires stuff.
Cheers Paul

Yeah it is good.
It doesn't cut as fast, or last as long as the original paste but it does it's job, and it smells like it has rust convertor in it too, a bit funky ?

Hopefully after giving my bikes a once over with it i'll have some left over for my Convo Pro's too ? ....

Last edited:
Over the last couple of days i have spent a little time tuning the carby.
I found that my rubber Adapter was slightly warped, so i swapped a spare one over onto it,the new manifold is now running a gasket instead of an o'ring.
The bike wouldn't start after fitting the other adapter so i've had to rejet it, it now has a #40 Pilot jet.
I've also swapped in a smaller main jet but it wasn't as happy to rev.
So i have had a play with a spare emulsion tube, and added a few more holes (another 8x .3mm holes) to help it atomize the fuel.
This has improved it quite a bit, especially riding in the back yard.

During tuning i noticed the spark wasn't as good as it had been.
I pulled the plastics off and checked out all the plugs/terminals.
A few of them showed signs of corrosion, and the terminal in a couple had opened out a bit too.
i took them out of the plug/sockets and closed them up, and also used a bit of Dielectric grease on/in them.
And i took the tape off the 8x CDI wires to check what timing and rev limits it was running.
both lots of wires were unplugged still, so standard 11,500 rev limit, and standard ignition timing
Once i get a temp guage fitted i might try advancing the timing a bit.

I checked out the condition of the stator too while i was at it.
It looks pretty good, although there were a couple of wires pinched under the metal tabs that hold them away from the flywheel.
So i opened up the tabs a bit so they won't be rubbing through any time soon.

Testing the stator, it measured 360 Ohms on the Black w/Red striped wire and the Green wire from the Source Coil/s, and 260 Ohms on the Blue w/White striped and Green w/White striped wires from the Trigger Coil.
I couldn't find any specs online for the Daytona 190 stators ?

The stator definately has lighting coil too, bonus.

Fingers crossed i will be taking it out on the weekend to see what it can do.

Latest posts

Back