Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, the front section of the pipe is a nice gold colour now too.

I rang Braaap yesterday and spoke with Paul, he is the 190 Guru Mechanic.
He travels to Las Vegas etc for the big races over there.

I asked him a few questions regarding the Daytona 190F / FDX 's, about stator's, coil's cdi etc
First thing he asked is about the set up of my bike, what valve clearances, what carby, filter, jets, timing and ignition settings, etc.
Which he said sounded good.
He pulled a brand new stator out the box for me and tested it, and that confirmed that my readings are all within the specs so it's all good.

He mentioned that when adjusting the valve clearances of their Daytona's he does it to .004", the manual recommends .005" - .007" ( i have set mine at .006")

He also said that with the kick start lever, most people have them fitted at about 1 o'clock.
And said if you can move it around 1 more spline and get it to sit about 2 o'clock, when kicking it over, it gives the engine almost 3 full revolutions, so that can help starting it.

Paul also mentioned jetting in the PE28's they use.
He said for the Pilot Jet they use a #38 on the 150's and a #38 or #40 on the 190's and the Main Jet is a #110
One of their staff has a Daytona's 150 that has done just over 60 hours now without a fault.

I told him about some of the new CNC/Forged gear available from Italy etc, and he hadn't heard about that.
Braaap are still running all the Factory fitted components in their engines.

I also asked if he had heard about the Custom built Pitsterpro FRD190 (191cc) that they build to order in the US, with a 49.5mm stroke and the 70mm piston.
He hadn't heard about that either, and seemed interested.

Lastly Paul said that there is a new big bore kit coming from Daytona soon for the 190's.
It is using a 65mm piston/bore, that will make it a 210cc engine.
I'm not sure when this kit is getting released.

So if you need any help, he is the man to ask for there.

Last edited:
Holy mother!!! That's gunna put the 160's to shame!!! Lol!!! Daytona 210cc coming to a tractor store near you!!! But wow!!! They will put crf250 and 150's to shame easy!!!!

If they release that in 3 months, then screw the 250 2 strokes, 210cc Daytona here I come

4899429947_b60fb08e94.jpg

I wonder when they will make those

Yep Paul is the guy to see, cool bloke too. The staff member is Wazza, races VCM. 210cc hey, hmmmm

Yeah they all seem pretty relaxed there.
When i asked to speak to one of the tech's they were wandering around the showroom and upstairs looking for Wazza, must be a big place with a cement floor, and a big stair case?
Then the salesman told me he'd gone for a dump and would call me back, lol
I didn't expect to be told that !

They hadn't rung me back after almost 2 hours so i had to call them again, and that's when Paul answered the phone.

Today i modified a bash plate to work on the 190.
It was originally off a KLX110 i think ?
All i had to do was to relocate the rear mounts 10mm towards the left, shorten the r/h front cylinder mount 6mm, and elongate a big hole to give me clearance to take the lower r/h oil drain bolt out.
I rubbed it back and painted it in Black epoxy before fitting it this afternoon.

The pics aren't too good, were taken in the shade

l was thinking about hacking into the exhaust guard. The ycf guards look trick. the Braaap guard is a slab of metal waiting to be drilled. Anyone know were l can find a ycf guard ?

the exhaust's are on page 99 here, just need to contact a dealer- http://doc.ycf-riding.com/YCF_2014_catalog.pdf

my alloy shield has cracked a bit either side of where it bolts to the pipe on the 2x front bolts
it should have had a washer fitted behind it as well as on top behind the bolt head.

Was riding with a guy on a Braaap 190 yesterday, his has done 96 hours with only one set of rings changed in it's life! Still going strong. As for the guard, mine fell off so I heat wrapped the pipe.

Thanks xr l will see how expensive the guard is. lf not l will outline some design and pull out the power tools.

Was riding with a guy on a Braaap 190 yesterday, his has done 96 hours with only one set of rings changed in it's life! Still going strong. As for the guard, mine fell off so I heat wrapped the pipe.
Was the guy running on stock rpm ? . Interested to know how much stress the engine can cope with.

So i'm still waiting for my second lot of jets to arrive.
I went out and bought a #45 Pilot from Show and Go down the road, it cost $14.80 (wasn't the usual salesman i speak to), and fitted it last night.
I've just started it up from cold a few minutes ago (38° C in the shade here today), with no choke.
First kick i got nothing, second kick i tried with a bit of throttle and still nothing, third kick it fired up and idled sweet.
So it's a little rich atm, but i haven't tuned it yet either.

Really need to get this bike out and try it out somewhere....
I've been thinking about trying out a PWK28 on it too, i reckon it would love it !!

Thought i had better try out my new Helmet cam too, so i made a quick video of me starting it up
the camera is a cheap one, a 3SIXT HD Sports Action Cam 5.1mp from BigW, $49rrp
It's like this one- 3SIXT HD Sports Action Camera - Grey - CatchOfTheDay.com.au
click on it to start the video.

Last edited:
Man that is nice

Everytime I look at these 190s, it's shifting my from the course of the 250 2 strokes

Latest posts

Back