Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that is super duper clean, looks nice

Which one do you reckon is faster, the 200 or the 190 ?

Thanks,
The IT200 has a faster top speed, 130km/h in 6th gear, it's got 26hp standard and weighs 90kg.
I reckon it'd be a very close race to 90km/h

I heard Gottagetacheaperhobby topped 135 kph on it, seen videos of it going 137 kph on a monkey

160 0.0 even godzilla would give up chasing if you went that fast

Would be more of a slug geared out that far, especially of the pipe. I still struggled to keep the front down in 2nd geared out to the max, and could power wheelie third with a weight shift on the 190. The IT would be far more comfortable though I imagine. Thats what killed the braaap for me, to high in the front and rough as guts over the rutty rocky trails.

The IT is geared pretty low, 13T/44T and still lift's the front in 3rd no prob's, and yeah 100km/h+ across paddocks etc feels very comfortable, like your sitting in big 4wd
My mates XR400 felt so hard on my back doing the same tracks.
And compared to my brother inlaws '08 CRF450, i am right along side him till about 110km/h

But it would be very a close run between the IT and Braaap.

What is stopping me from getting a 190 is the price I am going to get when I am going to sell it and not being big enough thus it's not going to be comfortable

I meant if it was geared to do 160, but being as light as it is it wuldnt be to bad I guess. You see how the 190 can give a jap 250f a scare though

Some updates on the Braaap.
I have bought another carby to try out on the 190, it's a Polini PWK28
I'd describe it as pretty close to a Keihin PWK28, maybe a bit more refined ?
it is cnc machined in the bore, and they have used a better quality of alloy when compared to an OKO.
Like the Keihins, the Polini are assembled with very high standards, and are checked and preset from the factory.

I started it up this afternoon, it fired and ran on the second kick using the choke.
It's jetted the same as the OKO 26 was, 110 Main, and 45 Pilot.
I took it for a couple of laps of the back yard, the throttle response is quick and it definately lifts the front easier with the bigger carby !

Hopefully at some stage i can try out a PWK 32 as well....

Anyhow, here's a few shots of the Polini PWK 28mm next to my OKO 26mm

And fitted to the Braaap

I have also modified the Braaap Mudflap i bought a month ago, and made a bracket to mount it.
It only needed some slight trimming to clear the muffler.
I reckon it will keep the Elka from getting too dirty now.

And here is the Kick start Lever with it turned to 2 o'clock, having it there makes the engine turn over almost 3 times when you kick it.

Last edited:
that's a lot of testing time to be done on all them carbs. l just got back from a 3 day junket on the 190. testing different suspension settings and trying to find a comfy happy medium does everything . its defiantly been a challenging little bugger to set up. with an altitude of 500m above sea level and varied temperature over the three days it needed carb tweaking every day. l installed a fresh pod every day as well. The pe 28 l guess is an easy tune but believe there is a far more suitable carbie that will also be an easy tune. The only prob is having the time to get it right and adaptable were it will be ridden. l not sure wether it is the characteristics of the anima 4v or the carby but it does seem to crack and pop a lot regardless of setting. Also running the kick starter at Friday knock of time works well. mine does not even liked to be choked and it fires. Be interested in your findings and knowledge of polini ,oko in comparison with the pe. k

Yes, it will be fun tuning it.
Hopefully i'm pretty close atm, it feel's good, but i can't even hold it flat in 1st gear in my backyard.
And i haven't pulled the restrictor/silencer cap out the muffler yet.
I really need to make some calls to my mates and see if i can test it out before this weekend!
My new spark plug from the UK hasn't arrived yet either :mmph:
I've got a few other parts on order for the Braaap too.

I walked past the bike this morning and noticed a small pool of petrol on the top of the cylinder, under the bottom of the carby, so took it off and checked it out.
Turn's out the rubber o'ring on the fuel bowl plug has shrunk, so i need to grab a new a couple of 20mm i/d 3mm thick o'ring's too.

China, what revs/throttle position is you bike crackling ?

Last edited:
That kick starter looks um interesting. lol.

The 190's has decomp so why do you need to do that?

That carb looks like a knock off of a genuine Kehnin 28mm PWK. I had stuff all luck getting that tuned properly. PE took 5 mins to tune.

My engine is a 190F, so no decomp like the 190FDX's

It start's a lot easier with the kick starter there, the engine turn's over close on 3 times.
With it at 1 o'clock, it would turn over almost twice.
Just give's it a lonnger kick, and gets the engine spinning faster/longer.

Yeah the Polini is another Keihin knockoff carby, and is a lot better quality than the OKO's etc
It cost me less than a brand new OKO 28mm would have, plus i have all the jets to tune it.
If i had bought a Keihin PE28 (couldn't afford one anyway) i would have needed more jets to tune it with as well.

I run the kick starters on my bikes in the same position, definately helps wth starting. Doesn't look that bad either imo. Your 190 would be so punchy with the flatslde 28mm..

Yes, it will be fun tuning it.
Hopefully i'm pretty close atm, it feel's good, but i can't even hold it flat in 1st gear in my backyard.
And i haven't pulled the restrictor/silencer cap out the muffler yet.
I really need to make some calls to my mates and see if i can test it out before this weekend!
My new spark plug from the UK hasn't arrived yet either :mmph:
I've got a few other parts on order for the Braaap too.

I walked past the bike this morning and noticed a small pool of petrol on the top of the cylinder, under the bottom of the carby, so took it off and checked it out.
Turn's out the rubber o'ring on the fuel bowl plug has shrunk, so i need to grab a new a couple of 20mm i/d 3mm thick o'ring's too.

China, what revs/throttle position is you bike crackling ?

the engine crackling and carrying on throttle off coming into a bend. Doesn't affect the performance only strange. Maybe its a bit more noticeable because lm running no spark arrester.

Why are you waiting for a spark plug from abroad . is it an iridium.? l can get a standard plug from an auto shop here for $22 bucks . l not sure on an iridium..

If you were closer to western Victoria you could have a crack at tuning those carbys at my place. Great place for a test . We just extended the track 300mt , next job will be in winter waiting for the rains and we will pull out the pick and shovel and make some jumps.

There's a Yamaha Dealer not far from here that has them in stock, $30 ea
Same from any of the local parts places, and i get trade price too, but they all need to order them in from interstate.
I got the ER9EH from UK for $18 inc postage.

Yeah they do pop a little on decell when they have bigger less restrictive pipes.
Did you run it with the silencer in it ? it would have hardly ever popped on decell.
The other thing is if the exhaust copper gaskets leak they pop on decell then too.

There's a Yamaha Dealer not far from here that has them in stock, $30 ea
Same from any of the local parts places, and i get trade price too, but they all need to order them in from interstate.
I got the ER9EH from UK for $18 inc postage.

Yeah they do pop a little on decell when they have bigger less restrictive pipes.
Did you run it with the silencer in it ? it would have hardly ever popped on decell.
The other thing is if the exhaust copper gaskets leak they pop on decell then too.

straight through pipe . l will check out the gasket thanks.

The Braaap is ready to go for the L&M Motorsports Pit Bike ride day at Murray Bridge tomorrow.
My helmet cam is mounted/tested and charged, should get some good footage, 53 Pit Bikes are going...

Latest posts

Back