Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one thing i noticed with the JR50 forks on the PW, is that they must have a bit of rake built into the tripple clamps.
the PW is now a slightly longer wheelbase....

Cool yeah it does really look longer!! :thumbup:

Cj will be able to hit whoops even faster now....lol

Using the Suzuki forks, does that mean you could get a Sano/Five-0 top clamp and run BMX styled bars, may help when CJ is getting taller?

I like some of the gold accenting you did too, looks great with the forks!

Last edited:
yeah could, but not at the price they are.
i have the higher bars that come with the forks, but i don't like the bend on them.

the gold head ?
nah that's gold due to me painting them with normal silver enamel, i had run out of engine enamel.
i made a spacer for the front wheel as it didn't come with one, i painted that gold

Using the Suzuki forks, does that mean you could get a Sano/Five-0 top clamp and run BMX styled bars, may help when CJ is getting taller?

I like some of the gold accenting you did too, looks great with the forks!

Thats what the PY is for Blender....well was last week anyways!!! I think the bike is sitting up a bit higher too now!

yeah it was white there like the other side, but when i modified the clutch i resprayed the cover.
then with the engine back in the bike it looked like too much hassle to mask it up and spray it white again.
so i used a Gold paint pen i had laying around and filled in the Yamaha letters sunken into the cover.

Friday night i spent getting the front end back together properly, and tidied up the wiring.
the original 1982 loom plastic tubing had gone brittle, so i cut it off and shortened the loom to suit the Suzuki forks better.
then used some convulated split tubing over it to protect it, looking a lot neater there now

Today i cleaned up the front end a bit more,
the Suzuki front tyre had some mud that had been drying on it for the last couple of years.
so i got some wheel cleaner from the $2 shop and gave it a spray then let it soak in.
after it's first pressure wash 80% of the dried mud came off, so i gave it another coat of cleaner then washed it again, the tyre looks 100% better now.
now it just needs a new front fender mount to be made.

So it's been quite a while since the last update here.
I got the PW out the shed today and did a bit of work to it

I had a KTM65 expansion chamber and silencer sitting around, so decided to cut it up

So after a bit of cutting, trimming and welding it is now looking like this

I still have to modify the pipe on the right side to wrap around the frame more, then tidy it up and paint it
then make up a pipe to run down to the silencer.
I started it up and it sound's a little better too

I scored a free PW50 frame at the wrecker's a few month's ago, it look's like it's been badly repaired under the tank at the front.
The Frame has been gusseted front and rear, and the original foot peg mount's have been removed and moved forward a bit.
There is also some bracket's welded on for a rear foot brake conversion (i don't have the pedal to go with it though)

I gave it a quick blast to check thing's out a bit better, there's another crack in the frame where the rear section of the subframe is welded onto the front (easy fix)

Depending on how much spare time i have i might replace the top tube and fix this one up as a custom/modified frame for CJ.

Last edited:
The frame ^^ got the chop the other day

New backbone being trimmed to suit

Comparison shot old against new, new top tube is 20% taller for added strength.
The custom expansion chamber is finished here and fitted too

Rear top section welded up, new head tube made (taller to suit the Suzuki headstem/forks), with a couple of gusset's added and tacked together ready for a trial fit.

I swapped frame's today to see how it all sit's, new silencer pipe is just sitting there almost ready to weld it up

Last edited:
I tried out some Suzuki bar's on it today,
But i don't like how high they sit, they're almost like ape hanger's , lol.

So i grabbed the old PY80 bar's (mid height) and have modded them to be bolt on by welding the bracket's off the Suzy bar's
I cleaned them up after welding the mounting bracket on and resprayed them late this arvo, i will have to get a finished pic of them tomorrow.

Last edited:
Here's the Modified PY bar's, with the suzuki mount's welded on.
I used some Dulux Duramax metallic blue paint on them, it's like the Duplicolor candy paint but the Dulux has the metallic in it as well, so no coarse metallic base coat is needed.
It cost's the same as the Dulplicolor paint and Bunning's sell it.

The suzuki bar mount had a tab welded to it for the choke lever, i kept this and will use it to mount the speedo head to it.

The mid size bar's look a lot better on the PW.
Next problem is that the new bar's are 7/8", the original PW50 bar's are 3/4", same with the Suzuki JR bar's so i will need to get a pair of brake lever's and a new throttle too.
You can also see the blue air scoop's on the front/bottom of the tank had about 15mm trimmed off the bottom so the expansion chamber clear's it and should stop it from meting the scoops.

Last edited:
Thank's
I have just shortened the frame about 30mm more than in the pic's above, looked a bit too long between the tank and head set.
That has raised the front another 15mm too
I repainted the front fender bracket metallic blue while it's off as well.
Just making up a limiter stop for the steering now.
Then finish the exhaust.

How's the weather up your way stu, it's a bit overcast and wet here.
The new tent has been goo, hasn't blown over, or got any water inside.
There's a big cold front coming over the weekend too, lot's of rain, lot's of wind etc
Apparently it will hit 2/3's of the state!

Still need to drop in to the machinist's and show him the pic's if you RM85 engine too

Last edited:
The frame is now welded, steering stop made and welded, Fuel tank mounted with a threaded tube through the fram, stand temporarily lengthened, front fender mount painted, New Millsville front tyre on and a new tube.
Weld's need a tidy up still, then prep the frame for some nice gloss black paint.

Done well mate, looks better with the shorter frame :)
Weather has been a bit on and off, we get a few showers but nothing major, still not great camping weather though :(

The frame is now 20mm longer than standard at the front, i had it 50mm longer in the first couple of pic's
Did you see something strange in the background of the 2nd pic above ?

Lol,
Jodie got her a pair of purple frilly knicker's off ebay, due to Missy being on heat now.
It's the only way we can help prevent her getting a fat belly full of puppy's at this young stage,
especially with our other dog Boss alway's ready to jump on her and have piggy back ride's

Latest posts

Back