Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No luck. Is it just 200 ohms or 200k ? I will try a new multimeter tomorrow

Hi all. I haven't been on here for a while or done much to the moto. Just had other things to deal with and other projects to finish off.

I still haven't got spark yet. I have a new coil,spark plug,cdi box but no spark. I think it might be a wiring problem or maybe the magneto or stator. Any ideas would be good.

I had a thought but know nothing about it. What's the difference between a 5pin cdi and a 6pin ? My other one has the cdi box with two connections so could it be a problem if i wired up a 5pin cdi. I think it should be ok but I don't know.

Should I get a new wiring harness maybe ?

lol open to ideas so I can get this bike running and sell it. Thanks guys

Looks good so far!! I just picked up a pitpro parts bike and considering selling the whole front end as a package if you're interested later on down the track!? Its the exact same front end as a PitPro 125RR should be a straight bolt on :thumbup:

Thanks but I have loads of parts for this one. I need to get rid of some.

Also a random thought, I haven't been on my other bike for months :/ It's still dirty from the last ride. Might need to clean it up and go for a ride tomorrow

Thanks but I have loads of parts for this one. I need to get rid of some.

Also a random thought, I haven't been on my other bike for months :/ It's still dirty from the last ride. Might need to clean it up and go for a ride tomorrow

You dont have a 51mm eye to eye brake caliper and mount by any chance!

Yeah let me know blender! I now realise it doesnt have a proper lever but levers are super easy to find!!

Hi all. I decided to fix up this build after getting angry at it and putting it in the shed for another day. It still has no spark. New coil and cdi, and it's not working.

Last edited:
get your multimeter out then.
set it to 200 Ohms, red lead goes to the blue w/white striped wire from the stator/pick coil
black to the green from the stator
you should get a reading around 130 Ohms

then switch the meter top 2000 Ohms
red lead to black w/red stripe wire, and black to the green, it should read 380 Ohms

is this the one where the timing chain doesn't move ?
if so you'll need to remove the flywheel and stator, and check out what has happened inside.

get your multimeter out then.
set it to 200 Ohms, red lead goes to the blue w/white striped wire from the stator/pick coil
black to the green from the stator
you should get a reading around 130 Ohms

then switch the meter top 2000 Ohms
red lead to black w/red stripe wire, and black to the green, it should read 380 Ohms

is this the one where the timing chain doesn't move ?
if so you'll need to remove the flywheel and stator, and check out what has happened inside.

Thanks for your help :D Na I worked that out today. It's that chain next to the stator that spins that little wheel. I thought that it moved when you kicked it over but it's only when you turn it back the other way.

I will try and find a new multi meter and test it. It's doing my head in tbh. I re wired the other one and a few before this but this one just doesn't want to go :/ Thanks man

Last edited:
Hi all. I got a new multimetter today. I touched the leads together and got 0 so this one seems to be good. Also it has a brand new battery in it. I tested the blue and white wire I got 136 and the red and green I got .556 :/ wtf

The is a setting of 2k ohms and I put it on that, touched the red/black and green wire and got around .556 :/ Could that be the problem or am I on the wrong setting ? Any help would be amazing.

This bike only needs spark, the carbie cleaned out and put back on, a seat and some plastics, and the bars and front wheel lol Thanks

I tested the working pit bike and all the spare stators and got the same reading for all of them. So I guess they are all working then ?

I honestly don't know what the problem could be. Maybe just wiring ? It has a new coil and cdi box and it looks like the stator is ok. So wiring is bad ? I don't know. Any ideas.. any one ?

Could it be the grounds ? The new coil I got has a loose screw at the back so it doens't screw into the mount. So I put on another nut and then bolted it to the mount. No paint there also. And i'm using a factory ground wire. But should I add some more to the green wire ?

Also there is two green wires on the new coil and one has a black stripe. Does the solid green one go to the green wire and ground and the one with the black stripe go to the yellow wire from the cdi ?

Also could the spark plug be bad, if so could that be the problem :/ I don't know what else to check. Thanks in advance for any info :)

556 Ohms is a pretty high reading for a source coil ?
can you post a pic of the stator/flywheel, and the cdi too please ?

I don't know if i'm on the right setting :/

Pic
10154876_10201873536072431_946307641_n.jpg

thanks mate

the yellow wire from the CDI, that needs to go to the power in for the Ignition coil
and the white from the CDI goes to one side of the Kill Switch

being electric start, there might be a another wire that comes from the neutral switch above the front sprocket that might need to be checked.
it is a green with a red striped wire, make sure when the bike is in neutral, that the green w/red striped wire is earthed out.
set your meter to 200 ohms, put the bike in neutral and put one lead from your meter to the green w/red striped wire
the other lead from your meter goes to an earth point
you should get a reading around .3 - .7 ohms if it is earthing

also check up under the front brake lever, see if there is a switch wired up there, it should have 2 wires.
if they are connected, try kicking the bike over with the front brake on.
it could be wired up so it wont fire/start in gear, and without the brake on.

:eek: that might be it. It doesn't even have bars or front brakes on it atm. But there is the plug for the neutral switch there.

Should I just cut the plug off and earth that wire any way ?

And the wiring seems ok lol. I re wired it and it seems to be in the right spot. Maybe it's that wire. I hope so

yeah just join those 2 terminal at the plug for the brake switch, or cut the plug off and join the 2 wires to try it out
it is a safety thing, to make sure you have it in neutral and the brake on when you use the start button

just thinking, my old Atomik had the same setup
under the tank the other end of the brake switch wires had a plug where it joined to the main loom.
i reckon i joined my 2 wires up under there.

Latest posts

Back