Psto.. my new/second hand Lxr clone

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing as no one has any better options guessing I am going with the motosyko option, cant have the money hanging round in my account or im going to end spending it on other useles stuff lol. One question, does the yx conrod run a different size gudgeon pin?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I think you should go for a 190FDX personally, the gearbox is a winner being 20% bigger where it count's..
The gudgeon's are all the same, YX150, YX160, Z155, Z155HO, Z160 all take a 13mm pin

Tbh yours isnt that much quicker than the 184, and everyone has one now. If I throw 1300 at the anima, it still needs a different exhaust. I honestly reckon with your port work and the alloy rollers I can have a engine as quick if not quicker with a small amount of uniqueness to it. Motosyko bottom end is supposed to have a hand balanced crank as well.. I also had issues with 3rd in the anima I had so they arent bullet proof.. if I didnt have a brand new pston and rings to go with the one coming off the fried engine which looks almost new, I might consider it, but im pretty set on this course...

Its a little scattered with bolloks lol but it is what it is :)
Update on short block options, im currently waiting on a reply from ooracing, they have a pretty good looking "charger" short block, just waiting on postage cost. Given their back ground, and their claims to it being their best inhouse built short block I have a feeling it wont give me many issues, and would be better than the motosyko option.

So my plans are to order this
https://www.ooracing.com/store/shor...150/160/170cc-53mm-or-57mm-stroke-option.html
And this
https://www.ooracing.com/store/igni...for-all-engines-over-90cc-easy-start-cdi.html
Its going to cost 690 bucks, which seems a better deal to me than the motosyko bottom end for 850. Should be quite a nice engine when built. This way I get the full cc's (184 instead of 178) and a solid bottom end prepped in house by ooracing which have some pretty gnarly in house engines so they obviously know what they are doing.

So are there any reasons beside kickstart shaft size that a 160ho cover wont go on a yx bottom end? If there isnt couldnt I drill out the hole in the case to the right size and add a yx seal?

Might be possible, i reckon the Z160 clutch cover's are deeper to allow for the deeper 6 plate clutch basket, the side cover might be different too
And possibly the oil filter boss inside the cover where the oil feed spring and tube from the crank is a different length?
I have a Gen 3 XY160 here which i think use's the same side cover as the Gen 4 engine that i can compare to a Z160 cover, or you can suss them out side by side tomorrow if you have time

I will bring one down tomorrow and check it out then. Im having a prick of a time finding a yx cover at a decent price, didnt think about this when I ordered the short bock :/

Update, organised to get some case boring done, 67mm 201cc bbk will now also be added to the build. Might be able to lay some hurt on a anima when its built ;)

Sound's good, but i think you have forgotten about one important factor.....
Who is porting your head ? :11doh: lol

Why not go the anima 190? Youre willing to pay $850 for a bottom end, for another few hundred you can buy a whole new engine, more reliable and more torque. TB bbk's are only coated and not steel sleeve. Im not super keen on that..

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Stus' new bottom end has already been delivered

And the 190's have the same ceramic bore as the BBK's, not steel liner's

Why not go the anima 190? Youre willing to pay $850 for a bottom end, for another few hundred you can buy a whole new engine, more reliable and more torque. TB bbk's are only coated and not steel sleeve. Im not super keen on that..

had one, had issues with 3rd gear. Im not sure that the anima is that much more reliable than the oracing bottom end I have bought, and the tb 201cc bbk I am adding gives me more cubes than a anima, and a steel sleeved bore. Combined with the s35 cam, ti retainers I already have, and alloy roller rockers, with the ooracing stator and cdi I have a bigger engine, with a level of uniqueness not found with the anima. Phil67 used to holeshot against the 190s on his 201, and that was under carbed, and from memory a stock head..

I never liked phil's 201 braaap. Spent about 10 hours on it. Each to their own though

and the tb 201cc bbk I am adding gives me more cubes than a anima, and a steel sleeved bore.

Taken from TBolt site-

0742.JPG

Tb 67mm Aluminum cylinder w/ ceramic liner, nicely made product !

Case boring is required to have skirt clearance for cylinder to mount flush

69.4436 Skirt OD (14.60mm Tall Skirt)

Key Features:

Ceramic coated, all aluminum cylinder is lighter with better heat dissipation then the stock cylinder.

The ceramic coating is low quality. Tb are known for bad cylinders. Its why i never went big bore

I never liked phil's 201 braaap. Spent about 10 hours on it. Each to their own though

Considering its going into a linkage frame, it wont be uncomfortable like the braaaps, and as I said in last post, jaime at classichonda50s says its a steel sleeve in tje ones he is selling. Phils was also a akunar 67mm kit wasnt it? If so te akunar pistons are alot heavier than the tb piston. Personally I like to be different, and every man and his dog is ridding animas these days. The bottom end and stator was 720 to, not 850 like the motosyko bottom ends, total cost will be close to the cost of a anima yes, but im happy so meh

The ceramic coating is low quality. Tb are known for bad cylinders. Its why i never went big bore

That is the biggest load of BS I have heard. TB have top quality cylinders. Run one in my 88 I have had for years and the TB barrell on my 184 held up to some serious punishment without issue.

Not sure where on earth your getting that info from as it's rubbish.

Look forward to seeing this beast Stu!! I was going to do the same thing but never got around to it.

Latest posts

Back