Psto.. my new/second hand Lxr clone

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swapped a bigger res for the front brakes in, heaps larger than the old one
52ca5801bbaff8d675a52f62bc1ede61.jpg

Front wheel is on, and the rear, I stole the axle off the braaap lol. Just need a spacer, and that should show up next week with my asv copies.
1f530a921d912e69104c0bdd664a4de9.jpg
222c15132ba4a3926f9a44a4248ce2db.jpg
40cf99b1c2b7200cfe8e91dd95e9c3da.jpg
8e35d6e5c45b641aab03826d8fd44667.jpg

New wheel's/tyre's look nice on it!
Is the chain a bit tight in that last shot ?
So you still haven't ridden it, i'm hanging to know if the rear end has firmed up a bit.

Why don't you just make a space Stu?

They are pretty easy to make.

Lol cause im lazy... and I want to be sure its a square surface, if I cut it slightly out of square and dont realize it will just chew out the bearings on my new rims..

Spacer and axle must have arrived, new wheel's are on.
Plastic's look very clean, chain need's tensioning maybe ?
New Pro Taper Metal Mulisha bar's and ASV lever's, and black riser's.

Yup, spacer arrived :)
The photos makethe plastics look good, they arent though lol. The bars are only fakes from china, but they are fat bars, and only cost me 50 bucks so if they suck its no biggie lol . Chain definitely needs tensioning, but I thought I would leave it slack while I see how the shock performs with the new linkage rods you made me, certaintly has stiffened it up, maybe a touch to much!! Its a wheelstand monster atm, feels ok on the bigger jumps though. Has lifted the rear heaps now I have to bring the forks back down the clamps. I had raised them through the clamps an inch to compensate for the low rear, but now the font feels to low coming into the jumps. After doing all this though the f_#$*ng engine smokes like a 2 stroke when its started. Fml!!

Last edited:
Ok, so you think it need's a longer pair of pull rod's, maybe some -5's ?
Have you played around with the preload to give it about 50mm sag in the rear?

I guess i'll be bringing that other shock up soon, so you could try that.
But that one will probably need your stock pull rod's to be back in again.

Definitely time for a new shock, this one now barely rebounds at all. I can sit on the bike, get of it, and the rear doesnt lift at all unless I lift the back of the bike. If you wanted to keep the fastace craig I might order one of the factory shocks from europe, up to you :)

I'll bring it up and you can try it out, see what you think after riding it.

Cheers mate. Im getting a weird bucking through the front end to, cant for the life of me work out why. Its not all the time, just when I add some lean angle into the bike, and even then its not consistent. Really got me scratching my head.

When you bounce on the foot peg's does the front and rear suspension's compress about the same ?

So it sound's like the pull rod's are definately too long.
If your shock has hardly any rebound when compressed it's probably a bin job if it's not rebuildable.
My shock wont be as good as the Factory shock, but it might buy you some time

Those bar's you got i was looking at the red fox version, probably the same seller lol

Yeah I reckon yor right, its a bin job lol. I will see how the fastace feels I guess, an go from there. The bars feel good, and at 50 bucks delivered it doesnt really matter ifthey arent as good as genuine items. If they bend lesson learnt, if not cheap set of bars ;)

Do you have any of the old piston's laying around from the smoky engine's that you can take a pic of the crown for me ?
Were the bore's glazed ?

And i'm guessing the ring's were installed correctly?
Eg shiny ring to the top with the stamping/marking up top ?

Unfortunately I dont. From memory the last engine had significant oil residue on the crown, and around the exhaust valve. That was on my old engine and head though, its now in snaptraxs hands (200 dollar bargain), I believe that was valve stem seals though as rings were installed correctly. Spaced out the ring gaps, marking to the top etc. Im unsure on this engine as I haven't had it apart, except for the clutch cover. Im guessing that seeing as motorman built it, it was done correctly though :)
I will try runnng a little less oil as you suggested and see if there is any difference.

Unfortunately I dont. From memory the last engine had significant oil residue on the crown, and around the exhaust valve. That was on my old engine and head though, its now in snaptraxs hands (200 dollar bargain), I believe that was valve stem seals though as rings were installed correctly. Spaced out the ring gaps, marking to the top etc. Im unsure on this engine as I haven't had it apart, except for the clutch cover. Im guessing that seeing as motorman built it, it was done correctly though :)
I will try runnng a little less oil as you suggested and see if there is any difference.

I made a point of making sure the rings are right. ;)

These engines do have a habit of ring gap when the rings spin around the piston every now and again.

In saying that too much oil did it every time for me. Also when you leave the bike sitting don't have it on an angle so the oil accumulates in the head or it will smoke for a minute when you fire it up.

Latest posts

Back