Psto.. my new/second hand Lxr clone

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
120c3bac4077885d0d1de3bf93d80989.jpg

Got the 178cc in today, still need a new bash plate, but its rideable! Handles better with the ycf bars, and definitely has more torque than my 155! Drops a far few rpm compaed to the 155, but unlike the 155 there is no need to rev it out as hard. Put big smiles on my face today, but also highlighted how badly I need that rear shock!
4c2263d073a5d5bb5ca065c9ff89fbd4.jpg
deec48f8f791f8605e115a9448e54eed.jpg

Dude that is so good to hear!!! Glad you are happy with it mate.

Many hours of smiles that motor will give you. :)

Get it up in the rev range a bit and they put out some serious power. Not too far off the 190's just not quite as torquey.

I love that TB dressup kit I'm spewing I had to get rid of that. haha

Im trying to hunt down some frame protectors, like the lxrs have stock, anyone have any links? I found some on dirt-bike-store but if there are any local I would rather buy local.
Also chasing a cr or kx85 shock, then I just need to find someone to fab he mounts and spacers ;)

Here you go Stu, make your own frame protector's
There's a few different company's that make the thermo plastic's too

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="1" data-href="/Plastimake/videos/vb.225799280851102/774868029277555/?type=1"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/Plastimake/videos/774868029277555/"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/Plastimake/videos/774868029277555/">What is Plastimake?</a><p>Like making things? Try Plastimake! It's reusable, nontoxic and easy to use.</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/Plastimake">Plastimake</a> on Monday, June 1, 2015</blockquote></div></div>

https://www.facebook.com/Plastimake/videos/vb.225799280851102/774868029277555/?type=2&theater

Last edited:
I found some in sheet form I can cut out the shape I need and then heat it, mould it and cool. Should be a little easier to get a smooth finish ;)

Dropped the oil today to give the girl a birthday, and the sump plug was covered in alloy shards. I havnt pulled thd clutch case yet (I will get round to it) but I can lay money on it being the clutch basket. Time to bite the bullet on a mbf basket I think, so its saving time!

Lol you wish loco, be lucky to afford it myself tbh. Im struggling to find it on the mbfactory website, only the yx one. Will get pics when I take the clutch cover off, didnt think anyone would want to see pics of the inch of alloy on the sump plug..

Right I have reviewed my budget, and I can do one of 2 things. Go mbf basket, and deal with my crappy shock for 6 months, or buy a stock basket, and a new dnm shock. Thoughts ppl? Im so torn right now....

I'd go the stock clutch and DNM shock.
$90 for a new clutch every 6 month's is the go if you ride it heaps.
You need comfort and reliability in your shock though.
There's no point having a decent clutch if it doesn't handle!

MBF Basket - €138 ($207AU plus post)
Campana frizione MBF 6 dischi - Daytona - YX - GPX - Made in Italy
Mbf Hub - €134 ($201 AU plus post)
Mozzetto frizione MBF 6 dischi - Daytona - YX - GPX - Made in Italy

Mini107 Basket €249 plus vat ($378 AU plus tax plus post !)
Cloche d?embrayage CNC mini107 Daytona Anima 150/190 est + | Mini107

I reckon this one look's the best though, it comes with the h/d driven gear and the kick start gear is part of it too so less slop, but the $$ !! ($378 AU plus post)
- frizione made in italy

frizione-5-dischi-made-in-italy.jpg

Last edited:
Im thinking stock basket to geg me back on the bike, order a dnm in 3 weeks from dhz when they get them in stock, and save my ass off for the next 6 months and when the new basket dies I can get the one last on the list of links you provided craig.

Latest posts

Back