Psto.. my new/second hand Lxr clone

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried changing the oil and refilling the nitrogen bladder? Take the spring off and see if it extends on its own when you compress it without spring.

He might have an easier/cheaper/better option ^^ ?
Wont know for a couple of week's though.

I haven't tried any of that, but I knew when I bought the bike I would be upgrading the shock, its only a 320lb spring after all. As my67xr said I have something in the works, thanks to him lol.

Here's those pic's of "something in the work's" Stu,
The shock look's like it's hardly been used, maybe it was just fitted to a bike in the factory and removed by it's owner here when he upgraded ?
There wasn't any mud/dirt etc in the bearing's mount's or between the spring and the seat's
Some of the mark's on it would be from me storing it for the last 2 year's too :11doh:

I wrote down the detail's i found on the net, early hour's this morning, in the last pic too.
I forgot to add the top mount has a spherical bearing, and the travel is 70mm not including the bump stop rubber (5mm or so)

Looks like it´s missing the top spring adjuster nut. If you change the bottom clevis chinese (and western) quad front shocks should work (with the correct spring rate).

Nah, if you look at the third pic down you can see the grub screw in the 10mm thick top nut
Not all Fastace shock's use 2x 5mm/6mm nut's locking up against each other.
My Elka rear shock on my Braaap only has the one nut with a grub screw as well.

fastace_bs35ar.jpg

Got the new clutch on today, I went cheapo and grabbed a stockie ;)
The old basket had definitely been tap tap tapping on the crank gear, nice little ring behind the big gear.
27e4cec807dbe42fe287bb7518f65241.jpg

Got the new clutch on today, I went cheapo and grabbed a stockie ;)
The old basket had definitely been tap tap tapping on the crank gear, nice little ring behind the big gear.

This wasn't in the new motor was it Stu?

Can't remember if I put a TB clutch basket in that one or not.

You might not be thanking me if they don't work, haha

Edit; Did you have any luck with the new pull rod's Stu ?

Last edited:
sory mate havent fitted them yet, its my birthday today so I might get some time off the house work to fit them. Cant test how it feels really until I get another oil filter. Will let you know as soon as its ll done though :)

Happy Birthday mate, hope it's a good one !

Are you getting a fllter locally ?
I remember sending you some part number's a while ago.

Got the linkage dogbones on today that craig made up for me, they have lifted the rear by 40mm roughly, feels great to sit on. Haven't made into town yet to get the oil filter so I cant say how I rides yet but it definitely feels better rolling around on it.

Far out im over pitbikes and the hurdles I always seem to come across modding them. Need a 15/16mm spacer for the new back rim but I dont have one. Also discovered a bent rear axle which may have accounted for the dodgy feeling in the rear. Ahh well just a few more days of waiting for parts I ordered, which sucks cause today is perfect for riding :(

Latest posts

Back