Psto.. my new/second hand Lxr clone

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a932fb02b226dfb99823303f35ffcbf0.jpg
4bf11e19ec667a0484af34f45011a0f4.jpg

The psto now thinks its a motovert ;) amazing what a second hand set of plastics can do to the look of a bike. Cut the handlebars down to, just need to fit the chain :)
c39826a303bebdeaf805a8f3435a414f.jpg
23350ba46dd1271ad270aeedaf560ecb.jpg
15e3694247110a8c08e864fa2740ccc6.jpg

That look's heap's better Stu.
I think the red and blue look alright together, might need a blue fuel cap and exhaust tip to finish it off later.

The grass is looking pretty dry up there now too, spotted any more Joe Blake's ?

Cheers craig :)
The grass on the track is so dry atm, I need to get it all down before I ride again I reckon. No more snakes, but that goanna has been hanging around heaps lately.

Blue zip tie's on the hose's ?
The new chain look's better, just need's some chain oil on it

New chain has the from new oil on it, should be ok yeah?
Went to town with the blue zip ties ;)
Did the killswitch wires and clutch cable, front brake cable and throttle cable etc looks better and is heaps tidier

Yeah i guess it'll be ok for a while, i've alway's oiled my new chain's before i've fitted them.
I know you are supposed to oil after a small ride, when they're hot so the oil seep's right into all the pivot point's etc.

That shop i get the ziptie's from has orange and green too

Might oil it tomorrow then. Not very impressed with the new rims, one spoke has disappeared completely leaving only the nipple, and another has snapped off the head that seats in the hub. This happening less than 5hrs from new... he has a ride day organised with his mates tomorrow so I cant really not let him ride it, I will just ban him from jumping it I guess.

Really, have you checked the tension on them ?
Tap the spoke's with the end of a spanner, they should all make the same pitched 'ting' noise

I would let them know that one has fallen out and another has snapped.
They might replace them for you for free

Rang dhz today, they are sending a new set of spokes for 20 bucks, not to bad I guess.. this is one of the snapped ones, found another three today :0
580ff14b09f60c1e24cd08bb32e69279.jpg

Well i started the day a tad grumpy, but I am a happy man now! To start with dhz told me they were out of stock, but one of the guys there is pulling some out of his spare wheel for me. I have gone from a disgruntled customer to a very happy one, callum is stoked now!

Last edited:
Replaced all the broken spokes today, I tightened them up until they all rang as close to the same note when I struck them. Spinning the wheel it doesn't seem to be all that out of whack, but it will take it into a bike shop and get them done properly lol.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Pulled the engine down over the last couple of days, initially to check the smoking on start up issue, and discovered a raft of problems :/ exhaust valve stem seal is shot, the de comp was all buggered up (fixed that), clutch has signs of kissing the crank gear, and the crank has three distinct lines carved in the side of it with 3 to 5mm of sideways play, and the clutch side crank bearing has spun in the case. So long story short im up for a short engine, as I have have a good bore and piston, and am getting the head ported and reco'd by my67xr im not keen on going the anima route. Thinking of going for a motorsyko bottom end unless someone else can recommend a better option. Budget is around 850, as thats what a motorsyko bottom end will cost me delivered.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back