Rear Brake Problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny29er

Reaction score
so when i press my Back Brake down it stays down i have to push it back up to release the break it doesn't come back by itself iv tried spaying it with WD40 but no luck not sure what to do

thanks Dunny

piston probably seizing up. dismantle, clean, reassemble.

Brake arm is possibly hitting on the engine case??
Brake arm needs removing and shaft greasing??

oh ok i got ya ok well ill clean the piston and remove the the lever and clean and oil the shaft

let u know tomorrow how it goes thanks guys

its rusted on then.
let it soak with some wd40/crc and try again later.
otherwise you could try and pry it off with a screwdriver etc, but be careful u dont slip and scratch the frame or gouge yourself

i dont know if it rusted it must just be dirt in it but the the brake arm its self no the piston or the reseviour thing coz i took all that off and it still gets stuck even with no bake attached to it but i cant get the brake arm off its stuck on iv tried WD40 but no luck

Last edited:
can you move the pedal up and down?
spray some more wd on it and keep wiggling it up and down, eventually it will come free.
or at least loose enough to be able to put a thin flat blade screw driver in between the pedal and the frame and pry them apart whilst wiggling the pedal

if its nothing outside of the brake, there is a small bar that rotate and expands the drum. it sometime seizes when the brake is fully applied. you should be able to see it move when you take the wheel off. take a look at it maybe clean it up

if its nothing outside of the brake, there is a small bar that rotate and expands the drum. it sometime seizes when the brake is fully applied. you should be able to see it move when you take the wheel off. take a look at it maybe clean it up

spot on Matty , whenever mine sticks thats what I do , I dab some grease on screwdriver & place it on either side of that bar that moves & its all good again

Latest posts

Back