rotn50s klx style 150yx build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks champ, im happy with the progress and i reckon it is looking like my best build yet, just wish i had coin for a 190f or atleast a 150f, the 4 valves sound awesome.

Yes Mick they do sound awesome, enjoying reading up about the guy building up those 2 LXR daytonas. Thinking about buying one the quality of the LXR looks great never seen 1 in real life though.

Damn how many bikes do you have man?
what kind of gas tank is that , is that a klx copy tank it looks small , nice build man your giving me some bad azz ideas for my build keep it up

Last edited:
Hey thanks mate, ive prob had over 20 chinas in the last 5 years, but have always held onto my 155z v2 alloy framed crf50 style bike(had for 4 years). The tank is a klx style china tank, must just look small, but there is 2 versions of it, one version on the front right bottom side has a section missing like the right side tank plastic and the other has the same dimensions on both sides. Build is stationary right now only cause it is holidays, will get into work before the end of the holidays and do the top end on the yx150 and install it, its only a china but still eats the money with the purchase of new parts or product. Glad it gives you ideas mate, its my first klx style build and the style grows on you. Currently i only got 4 bikes(5 including the mini jeep), My current daily rider with 155z v2 and high comp piston, The klx style build, the 110cc motovert(she needs work) and my little honda QR50 85 model im keeping for my nephews to ride.

Okay, the build became stationary over the holiday break and i was only interested in resting and riding and building doesnt fall into those categories. So i got the engine on the bench and started to pull it down(top end only) started with the head of course and there was evidence of dusting on the valves and comp chamber, the piston obviously also had the usual build of of crap from a poorly maintained air filter, due to this engine only being six months old the barrel maybe a good candidate for a honing but will see.
20130120_130350.jpg

20130120_131129.jpg

20130120_131145.jpg

There is only the standard sideways movement of the conrod from new(which is nearly nothing) and it all appears to be good, the cam sprocket however did have chain bruising marks on the sprocket teeth, so this engine has seen some hard launchs and compression braking. And i will replace the sprocket and most prob the chain also. I removed the clutch cover and to my surprise like the gasket came off in one piece like the barrel to box gasket did to, this tells me the engine has not really seen a huge amount of hours as due to heat over time the gaskets bake so hard to the cases and being non-asbestos they cook harder.
20130120_132014.jpg

As you can see the oil was very black and this also is neglectful in my opinion, for the price of oil compared to the price of an engine there no comparison, does anyone know of a good engine flush product that doesnt affect anything internal. I will remove the clutch at work and inspect the gear selector and clutch plates and steels.
20130120_132949.jpg

The magneto and stator all looks good and was sealed well apart from minor rubbish getting in thru the drain hole in the cover, but i may change this to the daytona style ORK.
20130120_141841.jpg

So this is the parts im taking to work, have the head stripped down to grind and re-seat the valves and hone the barrel and check if its cool to re-use. And an all round tidy up of everything.
20130120_141949.jpg

And as you can see in the pic i am using a GENUINE YinXiang(YX) piston lol, good ole china everything is genuine haha.:action-smiley-003::kev:

Got the topend back together today, new piston, re-hone without any marks or pitting in the barrel and new gaskets and cam sprocket.

The clutch rubbers were gone, but have a near new 140 lifan clutch to throw in it and has zero play in the rubbers, Also the valves were re-seated and seal perfectly. Will get it back together fully and hopefully continue with the build after the xmas break bludging.

Got the clutch in today and removed any old gasket bits and pieces on the casings, there isnt any play in the rubbers(yet) on the clutch. Was thinking of mocking the engine up in the frame but the humidity and heat is over extreme and im hanging in the aircon.
20130127_134756.jpg

20130127_134745.jpg

Same engine as me, we're like twins now.

Mate every oil change i do i get rubber in the filter from the clutch, but they seem to hang on ok, I've only replaced mine once and only cause i felt like it, it was still going strong. I've noticed though on YX's if i use "branded" oil such as Belray or Motul, the heavier weight stuff the gearbox doesn't shift as good, so I'm back on Safeway oil. Rode today, best the gearbox has ever been.

Same engine as me, we're like twins now.

mmmmm, well you know how out of twin boys one sometimes usually bats for the otherside, that twin would def be you phil and i would be the macho one hahaha lol.

Has your yx got the chunky kicker gears and the 16mm kicker shaft as this one does, this motor we installed at work for the bloke but he dusted it from a dirty filter and then traded, the engine was 6 months old and is still very fresh in the bottom end and even fresher now in the top end. Cant wait to have a stock donk again as the worked ones can be moody at times and require a bit more respect on the throttle, where with the stock 150 she will be hill climbable and flat throttle thrashable and not as life threatening on chunky nasty sharp huge exposed rock and 4wd ruts hahaha.

mmmmm, well you know how out of twin boys one sometimes usually bats for the otherside, that twin would def be you phil and i would be the macho one hahaha lol.

Has your yx got the chunky kicker gears and the 16mm kicker shaft as this one does, this motor we installed at work for the bloke but he dusted it from a dirty filter and then traded, the engine was 6 months old and is still very fresh in the bottom end and even fresher now in the top end. Cant wait to have a stock donk again as the worked ones can be moody at times and require a bit more respect on the throttle, where with the stock 150 she will be hill climbable and flat throttle thrashable and not as life threatening on chunky nasty sharp huge exposed rock and 4wd ruts hahaha.

ah don't say that mate! im about to order the 170 kit for my yx150 haha

yes 16mm and chunky kicker gears, which i have replaced also, hahaha.

Yep, stock is best, although mine does have TB piston and better jetting which helped it. I reckon a proper 26mm carby will improve the YX too. Maybe an oko. And a 50 buck akunar cam, job done.

Hmmm *rushes to akunar website* Which cam is the go anyway?

ive got the oko on my 150 and its a huge improvement. power to boot. ive also got an akunar a3 to go in. might do it this days off

Akunar A 3? The largest cam they have for YX?

Let me know how that goes stubsy

ah don't say that mate! im about to order the 170 kit for my yx150 haha

Na its all good stubsy, im thinkn having the tb v2 with a high comp piston but still in stock 60mm is a bummer, i reckon i would have more usability if i had a big bore instead of stock 60mm barrel.

Mick 184 is killer, almost like a 2 stroke 125, absolutely awesome for where I ride, but for you you may as well not have a front wheel and you'll be buying a rear tyre every week!! GO FOR IT

Sik, yeah the 184 kit on my 155 will push it to 177 so that still is huge enough, just gotta get the air con in the tilly($900)done this thursday, then a few more bills and i think i may get the 184 kit for ****s and giggles, i reckon the tuning will be a bit easier as the big bore will compliment the bigger valves moreso than a stock 60mm barrel.

Sik, yeah the 184 kit on my 155 will push it to 177 so that still is huge enough, just gotta get the air con in the tilly($900)done this thursday, then a few more bills and i think i may get the 184 kit for ****s and giggles, i reckon the tuning will be a bit easier as the big bore will compliment the bigger valves moreso than a stock 60mm barrel.

Terrys selling the 200 kits to fit on :) Why not go all the way ;)

Latest posts

Back