Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shroomin

Reaction score
Howdy, my chain came off and cracked the magneto cover which then pushed onto this little plastic thingy (see pic) and cracked it a little as well.

From my understanding it looks like it should have a little steel thingy hanging out or some copper brushes or something so as the steel wheel spins around the raised surface will spark or something. LOL hope this makes sense :)

Anyway what i was wondering is can i just buy this little plastic thingy on its own or do i have to get the whole magneto setup?

Or maybe someone has one lying around.

Its off a mso pro 140cc lifan

cheers,

IMG_0957_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
USE photo bucket for pics its to easy just up load to there then copy and past the

na i reckon your gunna have to replace your whole stator plate

unless someone has one of those pickups sitting about but i'm not certain you can just wire the thing up i've neva pulled it apart

i usually just snap that mount clean off

i was thinking if someone did have one lying around i could snip the wires to get that one off and solder the new one on. Would be even better if i could just buy that part.
Maybe some one who has smashed the plate and brought a complete kit has the old pick up still.

im in the blue mountains, be a shame to have to order the whole kit ay lol. Or then maybe i can sell the parts i dont need hehe.
Damn it sux when the bike is a no goer.... lol.

well im glad it wasnt just me to have this problem
i bought my bike and next day did same thing but snapped the bracket right off
i just went onto ebay and got the stator plate with magneto and everything cost bout 50 bucks you could prob get it cheaper check it out

also before you fix it find out y your bike threw the chain you dont want it to happen again
eg found my lower shock bushes were buggered

you have to get the whole stator plate u probley could fix it but getting your gap right would be pretty hard....i think a new one is about 55-80 bucks and its not very hard to change the plates

cheers guys MSO is unbelievably good to there customers and is doing the stator plate for a good deal (minus the big heavy magneto)every body should buy these kick ass bikes from these guys. There service and after service is unbelievable,they go that extra step with a passion.

Ive worked out the chain kept hrowing as the tensioner nuts where stripping down the shaft as i was riding (replaced with Heavy duty bolts Now)

cheers,kingy

p.s how do i get the magneto off without it spinning? LOL im sure therez a simple way

p.s how do i get the magneto off without it spinning? LOL im sure therez a simple way

hold it with your hand or try n crack it with a hammer.. like put the spanner on it hold the magneto still and then smash the spanner with the hammer....

It's a lot easier and cheaper to go a little bit softer on the throttle of a 140 instead of buying a 125 and then getting sick of it. Go the 140

It's a lot easier and cheaper to go a little bit softer on the throttle of a 140 instead of buying a 125 and then getting sick of it. Go the 140[/QUOTE

???

Im lost now... It is a 140.. and why does this have anything to do with magneto/stator? lol

Where does one get a magneto/stator puller from if cant crack the nut?

i use oil filter tool
the strap kind took a bit but got it to work

surely someone out there must have a puller for a lifan 140 I need to know what size to buy and or where to buy one from. So if anybody out there has any info,please help me out as i hate having my bike not going..... LOL. Keen for a ride hehe.

Latest posts

Back